Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nature's signs

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
L

LucasG

I had an idea I've been considering for a few days that I thought I'd bounce off others:

We are told that there will be an "end times" from prophecy in the bible. We are given some signs to look for (I dont think I have to restate them for anyone here).
What if nature is the biggest sign of them all? I know, some of the signs are of earthquakes and natural disasters, but there's much more that nature's telling us, in my opinion. Our earthly enviironment has been raped and pillaged to the point where we are seeing signirficant changes in weather conditions across the globe. Winters are becoming harsher, summers are becoming hotter, hurricanes are becoming more violent and the ocean is rising ever so slightly. El Nino cant be the constant blame for all the changes we see in nature. We have wrecked our world to the point where God probably needs to come back and save us soon. I could touch upon all the disease that nature has brought upon us, or us upon ourselves, but i think its pretty obvious to everyone.
I believe nature is giving us a giant warning sign: "Get ready!"

Thoughts?

by the way, I'm new here. :biggrin

God bless,
Lucas

wouldn't people disappear first? i mean before the prophets and the earthquake? i have always thought he would take his people before begining the punishments. but i may be wrong.

any one else?

. Our earthly enviironment has been raped and pillaged to the point where we are seeing signirficant changes in weather conditions across the globe.

Have you heard about the cycles that span centuries? There are periods in the history of wheather that is cyclical. Some decaeds and centuries are colder or hotter than others.

Creationists point to the effect of the Flood, primarily. The earth is still trying to balance itself although now less noticeable. The world is a big place, most underestimate it in regards to ecology, particularly the ocean environment where 80% of the oxygen comes from.

Treating nature is bad and not reflective of our stewardship under God. But we should not be too hasty to say that modern man has caused this just yet. There are two schools of thought on the matter. One that says it is man now is steeped in Humanism and Gea worship. So be advised that they have a vested interest in saying what they say to alarm people. We can't beleive Hollywood.

Christians should be advocating proper managment of the ecosystems with man's proper place as manager rather than destroyer.

jess321 said:
wouldn't people disappear first? i mean before the prophets and the earthquake? i have always thought he would take his people before begining the punishments. but i may be wrong.

any one else?

If you believe in a pre tribulation rapture, then yes, people would disappear first. But this is an unbiblical stance on the end times. Its a nice little story Left Behind made money on, nothing more.

Cameron said:
. Our earthly enviironment has been raped and pillaged to the point where we are seeing signirficant changes in weather conditions across the globe.

Have you heard about the cycles that span centuries? There are periods in the history of wheather that is cyclical. Some decaeds and centuries are colder or hotter than others.

Creationists point to the effect of the Flood, primarily. The earth is still trying to balance itself although now less noticeable. The world is a big place, most underestimate it in regards to ecology, particularly the ocean environment where 80% of the oxygen comes from.

Treating nature is bad and not reflective of our stewardship under God. But we should not be too hasty to say that modern man has caused this just yet. There are two schools of thought on the matter. One that says it is man now is steeped in Humanism and Gea worship. So be advised that they have a vested interest in saying what they say to alarm people. We can't beleive Hollywood.

Christians should be advocating proper managment of the ecosystems with man's proper place as manager rather than destroyer.

Beyond your first statement, I have no idea how this relates to my OP.

no one know every detail about what will happen. i was just asking.

You said:

I believe nature is giving us a giant warning sign: "Get ready!"

And my response was don't be hasty in that assumption. That's all.

"Get Ready"

I full agree.
The signs of the times indicate any day.
The fig tree is ripe.
We are that generation.

Re: "Get Ready"

The First Witness said:
I full agree.
The fig tree is ripe.
We are that generation.

Very ripe.

Re: "Get Ready"

LucasG said:
The First Witness said:
I full agree.
The fig tree is ripe.
We are that generation.

Very ripe.

When the Bible speaks of this generation it's referring to the post-flood generation not a 20-30 year generation that we are accustomed to.

I don't think we are as close to the end as some would like to believe. Daniel's seventy sevens begins when the order is given to rebuild Jerusalem. Depending on whether the rebuilding was the institution of Israel as a state back in 1948 or the decree to rebuild the Holy Temple which happened this year the end is several hundreds of years off.

Personally, I would look to the heavens for the signs that are supposed to occur there before the end. Our solar system is like a clock, it's very predictable unlike the weather.

When the Bible speaks of this generation it's referring to the post-flood generation not a 20-30 year generation that we are accustomed to.

I don't think we are as close to the end as some would like to believe. Daniel's seventy sevens begins when the order is given to rebuild Jerusalem. Depending on whether the rebuilding was the institution of Israel as a state back in 1948 or the decree to rebuild the Holy Temple which happened this year the end is several hundreds of years off.

Personally, I would look to the heavens for the signs that are supposed to occur there before the end. Our solar system is like a clock, it's very predictable unlike the weather.

Post-Flood? Uh?

The Fig Tree Illustration is important. It is directly related to the issue.

John the Immerser/Baptist asked for fruit of repentance. Thaose that did not bear fruit woud be chopped down and cast into the fire.

When Jesus rode into Jerusalem, Israel had "leaves" and all were shouting Hosanna. But as Mark recorded, Jesus wnet up to the Temple directly afterwards and there was not fruit of repentance.

Therefore, the next day when Jesus returned he saw a fig tree with leaves and went to see ifthe fruit was growing too. Jeremiah linksthe fig tree with Israel. (Jer. 8) So he cursed the tree that it would wither and die.

This cursing of the fig tree was representative of 70 AD. Israel was withered and Romechopped them down and cast them into the fire.

The image of the cursed fig tree would be strong in the disciple's minds. So when Jesus used the illustration again one or two days later when He spoke of His return it was also quite memorable. This time, he said the fig tree would releaf and that would be the sign that the seasons were approaching.

So it is a legitmate understanding to see Israel, as they reclaim more and more oftheir rights to rebuild a temple as a budding fig tree sprouting leaves.

In this scenario, it is the 7-year peace treaty/covenant that wcould guarantee Israel peace and safety to rebuild their Temple. 3 1/2 years later, the insitagtor of that treaty will break it an declare himself to be god and trample Jerusalem for 42 months at the same time which Two Witnesses will testify unhindered 1260 days. All the 3 1/2 times result from and spring forth from the event of the midpoint of the last "seven" after which Israel will repent and be restored to God.

Cameron said:
Post-Flood? Uh?

Thanks for calling me out on that. :oops: I sometimes let my imagination wonder from the written truth without realizing it.

This is a better interpretation:
When the Bible speaks of this generation it's referring to the human race not a 20-30 year generation that we are accustomed to.

I had to revisit this thread because I was unaware of the "gap theory" in Daniel's prophecy when I posted earlier. I stand corrected believing that we are closer to the end than I previously thought. Now, where did I put that breastplate of righteousness?

Back