Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Need prayer for a last chance

jeff77

I need prayer for a former co-worker that I used to work fairly closely with for about 3 years. She has cancer in her liver.

I am going to visit her in hospice care on Monday. I was sitting here thinking about whether or not she is a believer. It's been a couple of years since I've even seen her but from what I recall when we worked together indicated to me that she is not a believer. I am wondering if God wants me to witness to her on her death bed? Besides being a Christian example to her I don't think I ever witnessed to her directly.

This will be my last chance to ever get to witness to her. So does anybody have any suggestions on how to go about doing something like this?

Ask the Lord to guide you, ask how she is doing, and that you are concerned not only for her health, but her eternal soul.

I've added your friend to my prayer list, Jeff, and you as well.

When you see her, greet her as usual, and follow up with typical conversation. Then ask if she would object to you saying a prayer for her. Hold her hand(s) in yours, and pray that our Lord touches her heart so she will know and love Him, that she will embrace and strengthen her relationship with Him. Let the words flow from your heart, as guided by the Holy Spirit, as you share our Lord's love with this woman.

This will be my last chance to ever get to witness to her. So does anybody have any suggestions on how to go about doing something like this?

I like to ask the person if there is one thing she could ask God for what would it be. We do represent the Lord Jesus with all of Heaven backing us. A person has to receive and be in a place to receive. If Hell is her concern then Pray with her the Lord Jesus. If she ask that God would heal her then lay hands on her and rebuke that cancer so that she can be healed.

Pray ahead of the situation and tell the enemy he can't interfere with your conversation with her and her eyes of understanding be opened to recieve what you have to give. It's these cases that Hearing the Holy Spirit is very important as a person can say about anything.

Blessings.

Mike.

I just returned from the women's house (Linda is her name). I was supposed to have gone tomorrow but received news that her condition is worse. Another co-worker came to pick me up and we went to her house (she is on hospice care), but when we arrived the family member that answered the door was in tears and said we would not be able to see her today and then basically he just shut the door and left us wondering if she is now in even worse shape.

Here is something positive though. My friend that I went with is also a Christian and she told me she had been praying to have the right words to say if our friend Linda is not saved. Then she told me that when she went to visit her grandad on his death bed, she felt that he might not have been saved and that God wanted her to witness to him but she was afraid and ended up not saying anything. After she left the hospital she was crying and angry with her self for not witnessing. Then later that day she found out that a cousin had shared the Gospel with her grandad a few weeks prior to his death and he accepted Christ! Even though she thought it was supposed to have been her that witnessed and she failed God had already used someone else.

Thank you, everyone for your prayers and thoughts and advice. Linda and her family could still use your prayers. I will give an update when I hear something.

i was raised up from a deathbed in 1985,this is what the holy spirit has shown me 1:by his stripes you were healed past tense i am the only survivor of carbon monoxide poisoning here i have walked in divine health since. 2: walk in his ease not in dis-ease take his yolk you will be balanced walk in the light of the word .3:at all times pray in the spirit romans 8 v 26 we are born again in our spirit live out of your spirit. donottouch things with your mind (be carnal) god is a spirit and we are made in his image and likeness i have seen many healed .

I found out this morning that my former co-worker Linda passed away early this morning. She did have cancer that spread to her liver but she was elderly as well. I am still not sure if she was a Christian or not. If I have learned anything it is to not let chances to share the Gospel in the work place pass you by. Sure, being a witness with your actions is good but is it enough?

I found out this morning that my former co-worker Linda passed away early this morning. She did have cancer that spread to her liver but she was elderly as well. I am still not sure if she was a Christian or not. If I have learned anything it is to not let chances to share the Gospel in the work place pass you by. Sure, being a witness with your actions is good but is it enough?

Sorry about this bad news for you.

Prayer - naming many people of concern to us over the years - does change things, also, I believe.

Blessings, Brother.

Jeff, I'm sorry for your loss of a friend. It's never easy, regardless of the age or health situation of the person.

Our actions and behavior truly do influence others. They observe us, whether they are our children, our co-workers or our neighbors. When they discover that we are Christians, they watch more closely. There are many, many Christians in our world who made the decision to accept our Lord into their lives because they wanted the same joy of being loved by and loving our Lord. Our prayers for those who do not know our Lord also helps.

Our behavior and actions are wonderful beginnings. Following up with sharing the lovely joys of a personal relationship with our Lord, when we're able, is a natural progression in our reaching out to others. But it all begins with our behavior and actions.

My prayers continue for you and Linda's family during this season of loss & healing.

Back