Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Need prayer for job issue

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi

Today is Monday.
In an hour time we have the sales meeting.
I am depressed as my sales pipeline has been reduced to zero after they re-org the territories.

I am now all green field...

Last Friday - my lady boss was kinda of trying to push me to close a sale within next six weeks.. only GOD can help me to do that.

please Lord - you will oversee me on this- your servant needs you.
I put my worry into a petition to you - that with your help - I will close a sale in the next six weeks. God, with you anything is possible. I claim this from you. Move things along for me, oh God. I am so so burden now.. help me. Save me from the storm,... let me see the bright lights instead of the darkness I am in now...
Amen

Dear Father, I'm late on this thread but pray for Matthew to have Your grace to help Him in this time of His life. Please work things out for him to benefit from Your present work for his good, and I thank You for it in Jesus' name, Amen.

Several years ago I had a nice cushy job earning about 75,000 a year with weekends off. Being a servant of The Lord I was caught completely by surprise when I was layed off with no warning at all. The Only job I could find was one where I had to travel all the time. Starting From Longview texas i went first to Coalgate Oklahoma, Northwest about 175 miles. Then due south to Kingsville texas about five hundred miles. I left there for Pecos Texas travelling about four hundred miles NorthWest. Then to Crossraods Louisina due east about five hundred miles. During the entire trip which took about six months I continued to preach and witness for The Lord. After the final Crossroads job I recieved a call from another company once again making 75,000 a year and working from home. It was only after I looked at amap that I suddenly realized the entire trip formed the sign of the cross as performed by a Christian Priest. The point of this story is to tell you that The Lord sometimes requires some shift in your employment to accomplish a service for Him. A green pasture is an excellent place to witness. The Lord is my Shepherd.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi to all,

thanks for the prayers.
I did closed 2 deals since - they are small - about SGD5K, each. vs the usual of SGD30K to SGD150k.
Thank God for that (and your prayers too).

However, my pipeline is very very weak - I do NOT have anything within the next Quarter. And my lady boss (owner)
is again breathing down my neck again.

She uses words like this is not acceptable - not justifiable etc to do me in.
depressing me every day-

God- please help me...

Please pray for me... that something will happen by divine intervention.

I desperately need some prayers - and A lot of God's help...

Prayers continue, Matthew. Congrats on closing the 2 deals! Don't worry about what will happen in the next Quarter - simply turn this entirely over to our Lord for His guidance & assistance. I know it's easier to say 'don't worry' but our Lord directs us to not do so:

“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:24-34) NASB

You're in my prayers, my friend!

every Monday - I worry about the sales meeting - as I have the least to report.
the lady boss expect things to move by itself - fast - ...but the customers have their own timing and priorities.

I believe in sowing - and reaping eventually - not pulling the stalks to help it grow faster...

Pray that things will work out well for me - a few new calls for me - thanks for the prayers

Prayers definitely continue for you, Matthew. And may you continue to follow the path our Lord has put before you!

Dear Father, please continue having Matthew’s life brought into Your perfect will for him. You tell us that You rule in the kingdom of men and I ask that You bring this dear brother’s sales up to meet his need. Thank You Father and I ask this in Jesus’ precious name. Amen.

oh I pray dear father that you will continue to lift up Matthew and take him into your arms and please bless him in his job situation. amen

Hello everybody,

I have been discharged from the company on 1 Oct. The situation is that bad!

Worst, they have not pay me my notice salary - because they claim that I "destroy" the company property - I deleted the files in the laptop before handing back to them...
so they withhold my pay..

I am now "jobless" and the situation is not exactly very fun - cos my liability is high, and my wife is screaming at me.

really need our Lord to open doors for me and shower blessings to me
at the same time.. bless my wife too as she has been badly affected by the event.

thanks

Hi to all,

thanks for the prayers. The company did pay me the notice -period of one month finally.

In a way I am happy to leave this place - not suitable for me as I tend not to lie or cover-up things for the company in front of the client.
I was have difficulties in discharging my duties as an employee of the company because of the above.
When that happened - the lady boss went after me like a hawk.
and the situation worsened.

[for your info - I was with them for 9 months - and there were 80% staff turn over, every month or two - somebody leaves - by themselves or by the company.

I mean if I inflate the numbers - and make them look good (ie the amount of sales that will be coming in potentially) - I would have be able to stay.

No regrets - as I trust Him to lead me completely.

Now I need His path to guide me...

Please pray for me and my wife

Prayers continue, my friend. Job hunting is more challenging these days, regardless of where one lives. Just continue in prayerful study of our Lord's Word, and keep your focus on Him; He won't abandon you!

Back