Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Need prayer

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm 16. I keep feeling like God wants me to go for mission trips. But somehow, I feel like I can't. I'm not good in praying, not good in the bible, not good in many many aspect. Also, i can't tolerate dirty places. If I go for mission trip, I dont know how am I going to survive.

Please pray for me. Or if there is any advice for anything, I would be happy to hear from you.

God bless

If you go on a mission trip more than likely you will be with a group and some of them will be experienced. They will guide you on what to do and how to do it.

Try not to worry so much, just because YOU think you aren't good at this or that doesn't mean God thinks that.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God knows his plans for you, every hair on your hair, and He knows your heart! Stay around good christian believers and seek their advice. Blessings young brother! :pray

What Brian says is true, if God calls you, He will equip you, and that includes giving you the heart to do it.

If you truly don't have the heart to do it, then you might want to consider exactly why it is that you feel God is calling you to missions.

A lot of times, people, especially younger people, feel that the only way they can truly serve God is to go to some third-world country and live in abject poverty and danger in order to spread the gospel. This isn't true. Whether we go to college, work in a restaurant, do fashion design or go to Timbuktu, we need to live godly lives serving others and share the gospel.

Just concentrate on serving others and sharing the gospel where you are currently at. If God wants you to go to Timbuktu, He'll open the doors and give you the heart to go. If no doors are open, and you can't think of anything you less rather do, then God probably isn't calling you to do this.

GojuBrian said:
If you go on a mission trip more than likely you will be with a group and some of them will be experienced. They will guide you on what to do and how to do it.

Try not to worry so much, just because YOU think you aren't good at this or that doesn't mean God thinks that.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God knows his plans for you, every hair on your hair, and He knows your heart! Stay around good christian believers and seek their advice. Blessings young brother! :pray

Thanks.. And I'm a girl btw.. haha

calistatang said:
I'm 16. I keep feeling like God wants me to go for mission trips. But somehow, I feel like I can't. I'm not good in praying, not good in the bible, not good in many many aspect. Also, i can't tolerate dirty places. If I go for mission trip, I dont know how am I going to survive.

Please pray for me. Or if there is any advice for anything, I would be happy to hear from you.

God bless
I cant tell you what God is actually saying to you, but what I can tell you without reservation is that *IF* God is calling you into some direction then you can trust Him without question.

He sent me in a direction in 2004 that literally put my life in danger because of my medical condition and the rarity of my disease. I moved 500 miles away into a place where I couldnt even get a doctor to take my blood pressure because of insurance issues...no one wanted to take the risk. I cant even find a dentist willing to risk it.
The bad part is that i have frequent smaller attacks that can end up in horrible ones like the one that nearly killed me in 2001.
So I left completely alone and moved because God was leading me to do so. It was the one time in my life where I had to just tell Him I trusted Him and go.
Yes it was scary. I woke up in panic attacks for probably about 6 months or so when I first moved.
Id grab my phone and be ready to dial my uncle who I knew would come and get me, even tho it was a long trip, but I was where God had directed me.

Now, it was no mission field, but you have to understand that for me in that position it was dangerous to say the least. One innocent trip to the hospital and being given something as simple and generic as Benadryl can be the death of me. This disease can hit so fast and so hard that its hard to know what to do if it does, and very few doctors know what NOT to do...which is basically EVERYTHING they would typically do in an emergency situation. The normal rules dont apply because I react negatively to most of the usual drugs and medicines they would give without knowing better. Shoot, *I* dont even really know everything that will harm me. So many household products are lethal that its annoying even going to the store to buy household cleaning products. I was down 4 days one time because I put on a little hairspray.

I say all this to show you the danger I could have been in, especially so far away from everyone (I moved entirely alone to a place Id never lived and had only visited twice) who knew how to help if something went horribly wrong.
But I trusted God. And He took care of me. He took fantastic care of me the entire 4 years I was up there.

If Hes calling you there, you have no fears and will never regret going
:)

I agree with everybody else that if God is calling you, you can trust Him. I would definitely caution you to pray about it though. I know I have imposed things on myself that I thought were of God but were not.

God bless!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back