Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Never Alone

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

God never left Jesus as he and the Father are one, John 10:30. In John 16:32 Jesus told his disciples they would leave him alone, but Jesus told them he is not alone for my Father is with me. 2 Corinthians 5:19 God was in Jesus reconciling the world to himself.

God never forsook Jesus while he hung on the cross as according to Hebrews 10:7-10 (read the whole Chapter) it was by the offering of the body of Jesus that once and for all we are sanctified through his offering for sin. Jesus was not made sin for us, but made a final offering for us to reconcile ourselves back to the Father as it was ordained by God in the beginning as his word became flesh to walk among us, John 1:1-5 until Jesus whom now sits at the right hand of God, Matthew 22:44.

Hebrews 13:5 says God will never leave us nor forsake us. God never forsook any of His prophets in the OT so why would He forsake Jesus while he hung on the cross. Psalms 22:1, 24 is prophetic fulfillment of Jesus making a proclamation to those Jews gathered at Golgotha that as David cried out to God in his hour of despair that God never left David and was right there with him and for all who calls on his name will never be alone as the Father will never leave His own.

Yes it is a mystery to me, Jesus repeatedly promised never to let go of, to leave, to be with and to keep us untill the last day.

Despite this so many Christian are frighten they can loose there salvation.

Yes it is a mystery to me, Jesus repeatedly promised never to let go of, to leave, to be with and to keep us untill the last day.

The only way anyone can lose their salvation in God is to blasphemy against His Holy Spirit.

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

It is my opinion that the Father did leave the Son at the Cross, causing the Son to cry out 'why hast thou forsaken me'.

My first reason is somewhat obvious. Was Jesus the Son, mistaken? Of course not.

Another reason is that the Son did really become the sin bearer. Once the sin was imputed to Him, the Father's presence was removed as the Son must bear it alone.

Another reason is that when Christ called out, He didn't say Father. He said "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me". (Matt. 27:46) His relationship now was felt as man to God. Not son to father.

It is quite a mystery. And so terrible. For the first time in all eternity there was separation between the Father and Son. And, it is this, I believe, that Jesus shrank from in (Matt. 26:39-46).

But, it is important to note that it was a brief time, for we are told in (Luke 23:46) that the relationship was restored when the sin was paid for. For Christ said, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit".

Quantrill

It is my opinion that the Father did leave the Son at the Cross, causing the Son to cry out 'why hast thou forsaken me'.

My first reason is somewhat obvious. Was Jesus the Son, mistaken? Of course not.

Another reason is that the Son did really become the sin bearer. Once the sin was imputed to Him, the Father's presence was removed as the Son must bear it alone.

Another reason is that when Christ called out, He didn't say Father. He said "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me". (Matt. 27:46) His relationship now was felt as man to God. Not son to father.

It is quite a mystery. And so terrible. For the first time in all eternity there was separation between the Father and Son. And, it is this, I believe, that Jesus shrank from in (Matt. 26:39-46).

But, it is important to note that it was a brief time, for we are told in (Luke 23:46) that the relationship was restored when the sin was paid for. For Christ said, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit".

Quantrill
Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

God never left Jesus as he and the Father are one, John 10:30. In John 16:32 Jesus told his disciples they would leave him alone, but Jesus told them he is not alone for my Father is with me. 2 Corinthians 5:19 God was in Jesus reconciling the world to himself.

God never forsook Jesus while he hung on the cross as according to Hebrews 10:7-10 (read the whole Chapter) it was by the offering of the body of Jesus that once and for all we are sanctified through his offering for sin. Jesus was not made sin for us, but made a final offering for us to reconcile ourselves back to the Father as it was ordained by God in the beginning as his word became flesh to walk among us, John 1:1-5 until Jesus whom now sits at the right hand of God, Matthew 22:44.

Hebrews 13:5 says God will never leave us nor forsake us. God never forsook any of His prophets in the OT so why would He forsake Jesus while he hung on the cross. Psalms 22:1, 24 is prophetic fulfillment of Jesus making a proclamation to those Jews gathered at Golgotha that as David cried out to God in his hour of despair that God never left David and was right there with him and for all who calls on his name will never be alone as the Father will never leave His own.

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Well, you say the Father never forsook Jesus. Jesus says He did.

Should I believe you?

Quantrill

But we can walk away and turn our back on him. God is never going to force us to continue to believe in him if we prefer loving the world to following Jesus. Having said that, we cannot lose our salvation by falling into temptation. He is never going to turn his back on us. He will hold on to us, but we can decide to leave the faith.

Well, you say the Father never forsook Jesus. Jesus says He did.

Should I believe you?

Quantrill
It makes no difference if you believe me or not, but we have to believe that which is already written.

Mat 27:45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.

Mat 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mat 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Darkness, veil of the temple being torn from top to bottom and the earthquake was all done by God in order that through Christ death and resurrection God was there and is always there. These episodes that took place was God's voice, in a sense, to let those who had no faith know who the great "I Am" was at that time and for evermore like we will see within the seven trumpets sounding in the end of days.

Jesus in all His suffering would feel like God forsook Him as that would be the flesh in anguish as He was also human. He prayed if it be your will take this cup from me, Matthew 26:38, 39. Jesus knew the suffering He would go through that we may have life in Him. God did not forsake Jesus on the cross, but was carrying out His will for mankind and Jesus knew that.

But we can walk away and turn our back on him. God is never going to force us to continue to believe in him if we prefer loving the world to following Jesus. Having said that, we cannot lose our salvation by falling into temptation. He is never going to turn his back on us. He will hold on to us, but we can decide to leave the faith.
Yes, if we choose to leave faith, God is still there hoping we will turn back to Him, but if one loses faith and never turns back then they become lost to God forever as they become lovers of self and lovers of this world.

It makes no difference if you believe me or not, but we have to believe that which is already written.

Mat 27:45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.

Mat 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mat 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Darkness, veil of the temple being torn from top to bottom and the earthquake was all done by God in order that through Christ death and resurrection God was there and is always there. These episodes that took place was God's voice, in a sense, to let those who had no faith know who the great "I Am" was at that time and for evermore like we will see within the seven trumpets sounding in the end of days.

Jesus in all His suffering would feel like God forsook Him as that would be the flesh in anguish as He was also human. He prayed if it be your will take this cup from me, Matthew 26:38, 39. Jesus knew the suffering He would go through that we may have life in Him. God did not forsake Jesus on the cross, but was carrying out His will for mankind and Jesus knew that.

It makes a difference because you are contradicting Jesus Christ. Jesus said He was forsaken. You say He wasn't.

You want to say just because He was suffering He felt like that. Well, just because the sin of the world was laid upon Him and the Father removed Himself from Him, He felt like that. Jesus was never incoherent. And Jesus knew the presence of the Father more than anyone. And He would know when the Father left Him.

The ripping of the veil has nothing to do with Christ being forsaken by the Father. That is just information to cloud the issue.

Quantrill

It makes a difference because you are contradicting Jesus Christ. Jesus said He was forsaken. You say He wasn't.

You want to say just because He was suffering He felt like that. Well, just because the sin of the world was laid upon Him and the Father removed Himself from Him, He felt like that. Jesus was never incoherent. And Jesus knew the presence of the Father more than anyone. And He would know when the Father left Him.

The ripping of the veil has nothing to do with Christ being forsaken by the Father. That is just information to cloud the issue.

Quantrill
You see it your way and I will see it my way as you will never agree with any of us here unless they are of your theologies you hold to. CF is not about Calvinism or Dispensationalist or Universalism etc. etc. as it is an opened forum for all of us to discuss our views, opinions, thoughts and that of what we believe to be truth. I really do not know why you stay here other than to promote Calvinism and Dispensationalism as you are not going to sway any of us to believe as you do in what Darby and Calvin have taught. This may not be the right forum for you, and no, I am not asking you to leave, but that you start walking in unity within your attitude of wanting to argue and debate others.

You see it your way and I will see it my way as you will never agree with any of us here unless they are of your theologies you hold to. CF is not about Calvinism or Dispensationalist or Universalism etc. etc. as it is an opened forum for all of us to discuss our views, opinions, thoughts and that of what we believe to be truth. I really do not know why you stay here other than to promote Calvinism and Dispensationalism as you are not going to sway any of us to believe as you do in what Darby and Calvin have taught. This may not be the right forum for you, and no, I am not asking you to leave, but that you start walking in unity within your attitude of wanting to argue and debate others.

I don't believe this discussion pertains to Calvinism or Dispensationalism. It pertains to what Scripture says. It pertains to what Jesus said.

You want to say the Father never forsook Jesus. But Jesus says otherwise. Yet you feel justified in saying He was mistaken.

You treat Jesus as a child who just doesn't understand. Of course you will console Him and say "I understand that due to your suffering you have said these things, but you know the Father would never forsake you" Poor thing. But Jesus knew better. He Who knows the Father, knew when the Father left.

You have injected your doctrine, a man pleasing doctrine, upon the Scripture.

Oh, you're not asking me to leave....as long as I conform to your beliefs and quit arguing? As long as I am in unity with your beliefs. Just what kind of unity are you asking for? A unity based upon you?

Quantrill

I don't believe this discussion pertains to Calvinism or Dispensationalism. It pertains to what Scripture says. It pertains to what Jesus said.

You want to say the Father never forsook Jesus. But Jesus says otherwise. Yet you feel justified in saying He was mistaken.

You treat Jesus as a child who just doesn't understand. Of course you will console Him and say "I understand that due to your suffering you have said these things, but you know the Father would never forsake you" Poor thing. But Jesus knew better. He Who knows the Father, knew when the Father left.

You have injected your doctrine, a man pleasing doctrine, upon the Scripture.

Oh, you're not asking me to leave....as long as I conform to your beliefs and quit arguing? As long as I am in unity with your beliefs. Just what kind of unity are you asking for? A unity based upon you?

Quantrill
Like I said, you believe how you will and I will believe how I will as you will never agree with anything anyone, not only me, tries to show you in scripture so I am done with this and you have a good evening.

Back