Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] New Job

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

heather

God has blessed me with a new job. I start today. Please keep my day in your prayers since it's been just over a year since I've worked in an office setting.

Thanks everyone!
Heather.

heatherentz said:
God has blessed me with a new job. I start today. Please keep my day in your prayers since it's been just over a year since I've worked in an office setting.

Thanks everyone!
Heather.

I will keep you in my prayers, im sure you will do just fine though, its not a hard thing.

Just do your best and youll be fine.

Good luck and God bless you.

First's can be difficult to negotiate... I will be facing some of my own too (transferring to Biola U for instance... in June) so I can relate Heather. :gah

May our Lord Jesus go before you Heather, and give you grace with all your superiors. :nod May He also remind you of every skill and technique you have learned in your field. :yes

Also, I pray the Lord will be gracious and grant you brothers and sisters closely working beside you for comfort and to assist you as you become accustomed to your work. May Jesus give you courage and confidence in His strength and care for you, and may He protect you from all harm. :biggrin

Mostly, may our Lord be gloriously known in you as others watch you walk with Him each day! :clap3

For the name of Jesus Christ I ask. :amen
bonnie

Thank you for all your well wishes and beautiful prayers. My first 4 days went really well. Unfortunately, tonight when I got home, I might have broken my foot. I went to the ER, but the radiologist had just left. I'll find out tomorrow if it's broken. I may not be able to go to work tomorrow if it's too swollen/painful.

Dear Heather~

You broke your foot? :o It sounds pretty rough dealing with this additional hardship now that you've just begun your new job... :shrug When my circumstances are unexplainble (which seems like most of the time these days), I try to remember a little saying I have taught myself...

Things never happen TO me, they always happen FOR me... Because ALL things work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.

We will not undestand the eternal works of God that He is working into our lives until we see Him face to face, and then I believe it just will not matter anymore. ;) He is the One we can depend on to help you thru this~ so I go leaning on His big strong arms now for you, sis.

Father in heaven~

Be gracious to Heather as she looks to You now, and comfort her in any stress she may feel. Bring your assurance of Your all-knowing and all-powerful love into her mind and heart Lord, and grant her Your peace, which is able to keep her thou she may understand nothing of her circumstances.
Give her Your overcoming power and courage to meet this trial with joy~ as You increase her faith, and grant her wisdom to assist her to deal with her employer. In Your faithfulness, Lord, give her the favor she needs at work, and help her to rest in Your embrace as You heal her foot. May You be gloryfied even in this "accident" Father, for all things are in Your hands. In Jesus name, :amen

Looking to Jesus with you... bonnie

Thanks Bonnie,

I found out today that it's actually my ankle that's chipped, not my foot. So, it's a little slow going. I was on top of my mountain for a short time, but I'm back in a valley now. On Saturday we had some slight flooding due to a toilet malfunction. Yeah, I'm hoping it's covered under home owners insurance. I'll talk with an adjuster tomorrow. I was out of power for a little while b/c we didn't an electrical fire, and just got internet back 15 min. ago.

Heather,

I am so sorry all of this is going on. I pray that the Lord will just help you to rest in Him, and trust him to care for all your needs in this stream of trials. I pray that the Lord will keep you thankful in the face of all of this and not allow satan to drag you down.

The Lord bless you.

Brandon, I'm sorry. I realized this morning that I forgot to answer your question. I am a debt collector. I call people and try to get money from them.

Heather,
First of all I am pleased you got clarity and felt it was right to take this job, glad it is going well. But so sorry to hear of your pain and chipped ankle.

Thanks Ginger. I have a good idea that I'll be getting a nice bonus at the end of Feb. for making my goal. The extra money is always helpful. It will get me caught up on the last of my bills. I'm gonna keep praying.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back