Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Castiel

Hello, I just found your forum after a experience I've had(of the spiritual variety) though I will say this, I am not a Christian at this point in time.

Just to get to know me better, I was raised a Christian and practiced said faith for a good number of years. At 15, I became an atheist and stayed one for a good number of years though after spiritual experiences(ones before this recent one) I became less of a secular person and more spiritual. Though I still consider myself spiritual rather than religious.

It is my opinion that the world's religions get more wrong than they do right. To me, inspiration doesn't cut it for me to see things as truth. With that said I believe that organized religion is for those seeking reward, And all I want is to seek understanding. Of course, there is nothing wrong with either path nor do I think either one is better than the other.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard!

Hope you enjoy your time here.... Many Christian forums are very closed we tend to be open, within the confines of the Bible. Salvation is Gods plan for man religion is mans plan for God.

Thanks,

Though I have a question. It's not letting me go to any profiles or on my own profile. It gives me the message that I need to activate my account but when I click the activation link it says I've already activated said account.

Thanks,

Though I have a question. It's not letting me go to any profiles or on my own profile. It gives me the message that I need to activate my account but when I click the activation link it says I've already activated said account.
Once you have a few more posts you will get full profile access.

Hello, I just found your forum after a experience I've had(of the spiritual variety) though I will say this, I am not a Christian at this point in time.

Just to get to know me better, I was raised a Christian and practiced said faith for a good number of years. At 15, I became an atheist and stayed one for a good number of years though after spiritual experiences(ones before this recent one) I became less of a secular person and more spiritual. Though I still consider myself spiritual rather than religious.

It is my opinion that the world's religions get more wrong than they do right. To me, inspiration doesn't cut it for me to see things as truth. With that said I believe that organized religion is for those seeking reward, And all I want is to seek understanding. Of course, there is nothing wrong with either path nor do I think either one is better than the other.

Cheers.

Hi Castiel,

Welcome to the site. In your introduction, I found the statement, "inspiration doesn't cut it for me to see things as truth," interesting. You are interested in the truth aren't you? I think one of the reasons why people don't become Christians is because the truth is very ugly. Why deal with the truth when 'I can do whatever I want and think whatever I want, I'll be the arbiter of truth.' No insinuation there. I'm just saying that's what people generally do. I hope you find the truth in the Bible, repent, and put your trust in the real Jesus Christ.

- Davies

What I meant was, there are many religious texts that claim to be from divinely inspired causes and not all of them can be 100% true, even if there are pieces of truth or good within them. There are many things Christians disagree on(What's canon,doctrines,etc) which is why I feel like I need to do my own searching and have my own understanding. Not to do what I want or out of arrogance in thinking I know better but out of having an open mind about the world.

What I meant was, there are many religious texts that claim to be from divinely inspired causes and not all of them can be 100% true, even if there are pieces of truth or good within them.

Hi Castiel,

I think it's good you recognize that not all religions are true, and I think from your point of view it would be better to say that it's possible that none of them are true, or that only one of them could be true because they all say different things. There are many compelling reasons to find Christianity to be the only truth, but you'll need God's mercy to come to it. When exploring religion, it's important to be critical and to be honest in your evaluation. After all, if Christianity is true, the the danger of Hell is real, as well as your need for forgiveness. If you're not interested in the truth, then you will likely find what you want to, rather than the truth itself.

- Davies

What I meant was, there are many religious texts that claim to be from divinely inspired causes and not all of them can be 100% true, even if there are pieces of truth or good within them. There are many things Christians disagree on(What's canon,doctrines,etc) which is why I feel like I need to do my own searching and have my own understanding. Not to do what I want or out of arrogance in thinking I know better but out of having an open mind about the world.

The promise of Jesus is that we will find if we truly seek! Welcome here!:wave

Back