Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

New to the forum, new to Christianity

Wgfd493

Hey everybody.
My name is Jason (Jay) and I am new to this forum and a new Christian as well. I'm on this site because I was hoping to learn and maybe get to know some Christians that would be willing to share their wisdom and experiences. Lets face it, this world can be tough when your singled out and in need of wisdom.

A little bit about myself: I'm a 29 years old, just my dog (Bailey) and I. I'm a volunteer firefighter, and a full time golf car mechanic, but trying to get on a full time paid FD. Into woodworking, fishing (saving for a boat) but want to learn to help people, I think that's why I like EMS. However, I do have many obstacles to overcome, hence why I'm here.

Anyway, like I said, I'm new, in pretty much every sense of the word, but I look forward to meeting some of you.

Welcome to CFnet, [MENTION=96825]Wgfd493[/MENTION] :wave

Sounds like you are one busy young man with work & firefighter volunteering. (You're in my prayers that an opening will occur for full time with the FD, if it is our Lord's Will for you)

There are some mighty fine fishermen here, along with others who enjoy woodworking ... so you're in very good company here at CFnet. And best of all: the majority of us love our Lord whole-heartedly!

What kind of dog is Bailey?

Be blessed!

Hi Wgfd493 and it's a pleasure to welcome you here in fellowship with us. A Christian community is a great way to be edified and supported in our walk in Christ. Become acquainted with God's word big time as that's where faith is increased, and I do look forward to to your posts. I do hope you're blessed here with us in Jesus' name. :wave

Hey Jason! Welcome to the forums and I hope you can learn a lot from the people here (: Awesome to hear about the volunteering! I like your dog's name a lot, what kind of dog is it? I had a Jack Russell dog myself some time ago before I moved to a new country, and it seriously never stopped running, Jack Russell dogs have so much energy in them hahaha.

Anyways, hope you can learn a lot here and have a great time!

Josh

Hi Air Dancer,
Thank you for the warm welcome and I appreciate the encouragement.
It's nice to think of Christians as not only people who love God, but are still your average Joe who likes to fish.

Bailey is a Black Lab & Catahoula mix, he's probably the laziest dog I've ever met. Which is a good thing, less maintenance. We live in Rhode Island but I got him from a rescue shelter in South Carolina. View attachment 3440

Hey everybody.
My name is Jason (Jay) and I am new to this forum and a new Christian as well. I'm on this site because I was hoping to learn and maybe get to know some Christians that would be willing to share their wisdom and experiences. Lets face it, this world can be tough when your singled out and in need of wisdom.

A little bit about myself: I'm a 29 years old, just my dog (Bailey) and I. I'm a volunteer firefighter, and a full time golf car mechanic, but trying to get on a full time paid FD. Into woodworking, fishing (saving for a boat) but want to learn to help people, I think that's why I like EMS. However, I do have many obstacles to overcome, hence why I'm here.

Anyway, like I said, I'm new, in pretty much every sense of the word, but I look forward to meeting some of you.

God Bless you brother, and welcome.

Thank you Eugene for the warm welcome. And Yes I have a lot to learn when it comes to God and his word. One day at a time I guess.

Josh, it's a pleasure meeting you as well. I read your introductory post and seem like you have a good head on your shoulders at such a young age. I think that's awesome!

Yeah Jack Terriers are the best, hyper little guys but they fit in most overhead compartments. :)

It's a pleasure meeting you all, and I look forward to talking more.

Friends of mine had a Jack Russell ... they named him Jack Terror. It wasn't until Jack Terror was about 8 years old before he started calming down. But his best friend in the whole wide world was the family cat, who enjoyed bouncing & leaping about the dog. Go figure!

Rhode Island is a beautiful state, Jay ... and I liked the accents with which everyone spoke :yes

Thanks for complimenting the Rhode Island accent. I'm originally from Florida so I have been developing the accent for the past three years. It's not hard to get down; simply replace any and all "r" with "a" with the exception of words that start with "r". Those you kind of have to pronounce.
I.e. dollar = Dolla
Car = cah
Carburetor = cahbureytah
But the southern drawl I developed in Florida coupled with the RI accent i have now has most people scratching their head, asking themselves, "what did he just say?" I just reply hey y'all, don't worry bout it.

Back