Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] No Faith Anymore

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

LostSoul

I have had it with being hopeful. At the present I make 800 dollars a month...yes, a month if I am lucky. Rent alone costs 500 dollars....the bills basically eat the rest...even so I cannot pay everything. My husband has been looking for a job...for what feels like forever. Now...on top of this we are not getting any of our tax return back due to money he owed for a loan. So we are in some hot water. Things are slowly getting shut off....and people wonder why I am already going prematurely grey.....let alone the fact that my own folks care more about themselves than their grandson who was recently a little under the weather which kept me from working a couple days.

Now with this great Health Care Reform....I am in panic mode. I barely am living right now....how the hell is this bill going to help me by taxing me or my husband if we cannot afford life insurance....where is God when you need Him? I could sure use His wisdom right now......

Will pray for you and your husband, LostSoul ... :pray

Pray and claim Psalm 23 and Psalm 34 daily.

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.

Psalm 34

1 I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make its boast in the LORD;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him,
And saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him,
And delivers them.
8 Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
9 Oh, fear the LORD, you His saints!
There is no want to those who fear Him.
10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger;
But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.
11 Come, you children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 Who is the man who desires life,
And loves many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking deceit.
14 Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry.
16 The face of the LORD is against those who do evil,
To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears,
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
18 The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the LORD delivers him out of them all.
20 He guards all his bones;
Not one of them is broken.
21 Evil shall slay the wicked,
And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.
22 The LORD redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.

Our Jehovah Jireh will supply ALL your needs according to His riches in Heaven -- Philippians 4:19

:amen

LostSoul said:
I have had it with being hopeful. At the present I make 800 dollars a month...yes, a month if I am lucky. Rent alone costs 500 dollars....the bills basically eat the rest...even so I cannot pay everything. My husband has been looking for a job...for what feels like forever. Now...on top of this we are not getting any of our tax return back due to money he owed for a loan. So we are in some hot water. Things are slowly getting shut off....and people wonder why I am already going prematurely grey.....let alone the fact that my own folks care more about themselves than their grandson who was recently a little under the weather which kept me from working a couple days.

Now with this great Health Care Reform....I am in panic mode. I barely am living right now....how the hell is this bill going to help me by taxing me or my husband if we cannot afford life insurance....where is God when you need Him? I could sure use His wisdom right now......

I'll pray for you.

I know it's easy to be critical, but I have to wonder why your husband doesn't just get a job. Even a minimum wage job pays over $1100 per month without any overtime.

He needs to get in gear in my opinion. God bless you. Some day you'll look back on these days and be thankful for the lessons you are learning.

There are things in life that can overtake us without any notice. Sometimes being able to pay the bills gets to be impossible. I lost the ability to work due to a disease I've had my whole live, but finally degraded. In the end we went 6 months without a red cent. My short term disability denied me and I was just beginning the ssdi filings. 6 months without even 1 cent as income. We juggled the bills we prayed we trusted with all we could in God. And some how we made it through. Some things turned around we broke through a wall and things got better. We make less then half what we did before, poverty level by many standards even with ssdi and long term disability. But we are so much happier and trusting in God then we were before.

From someone who's been there. In many ways I still am. My medical bills alone are higher then my income and I owe thousands due to them. Do not give up. God will come, His answer is right around the corner. While the devil surrounds and attacks you, don't give in. Don't let your faith dwindle. When sorrow abounds and fear surrounds, just get alone with God and some praise and worship music and loose yourself in worship. Do not let the devil win and put you in hopelessness. I'm lucky enough to have a wife who thinks positive enough for the both of us. Her faith just won't quit and it got me through a lot of rough times. I'm telling you there is an answer to your prayer, and if you just hold out a little longer, God will come.

chestertonrules said:
LostSoul said:

I'll pray for you.

I know it's easy to be critical, but I have to wonder why your husband doesn't just get a job. Even a minimum wage job pays over $1100 per month without any overtime.

He needs to get in gear in my opinion. God bless you. Some day you'll look back on these days and be thankful for the lessons you are learning.

Chester, MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN TRYING FOR TWO YEARS NOW TO GET A JOB!!!! The job market down here is bad....and getting worse. It is a cut throat industry out there right now. Especially for those who have no vehicle. So he has to walk, use the net, and call various places upon reading or hearing of possible job oppertunities. So I REALLY DO NOT appreciate your attitude there. You assume so much without knowing the full situation and I find that rather offensive.

For the record, I work full time and do not even make 1100 dollars. So what dream job you are cooking up that pays that much is rather amusing to me. While I have no doubt a good bartending job could pay well....it is hard to get anything down here with all the businesses going in and out. Where I live we have lost six or more businesses in the past few weeks....which basically adds up to this equation....just in case you cannot figure it out on your own:

Businesses lost = More people laid off or without work = More people looking for jobs and to compete with in the area of getting a job.....

Good grief people...get some common sense.... and quit trying to tell me how I or my husband fall short. We are doing the very best we can thank you very much and if you think you know it all try spending a day in our shoes.

Sorry for asking for prayer....I am starting to think I cannot do anything without rudeness from someone. Good luck to you all. This site just is not my cup of tea no more. You cannot even ask for simple prayer here without recieving some form of judgement....

As for the others who replied, thank you....I cannot tell you how much your words of encouragement and patient teaching mean to me. Love is so often in short supply anymore....and to see it in others genuinely is just a rare treat. I thank you for that.

Chao

LS,

I do want to encourage you, even though things seems so dark and hopeless now.

Don't go into panic mode about health care. At $800.00 a month, you won't be taxed, you really won't.

I don't know if you've tried reaching out to your church or not, but please do so. There are many ways they can help, not only financially but also in just feeding your spirit, which sounds pretty bruised and battered.

I'm sure that your husband's spirit is even more bruised and battered. I know that it must be really hard for him to not have a job and be able to provide for his family. If your church isn't standing behind you at this point, well, perhaps it's time to find a new church. Even in a poor area, where the churches are struggling because folks just don't have the money for tithes and offerings, there should be a way they can help keep the electricity going or the water running.

Also, if you haven't already done so, (you probably have, but I mention it anyway) do contact the electric company or other utilities and explain the situation. Usually, in the situation you're in, they are willing to work something out so that you can stay connected.

Look for God in the little ways that things do work out. A lot of time, when there is something really big amiss, and one's husband being out of work for two years is a really big thing, it's hard to see God working in the small stuff, like the power company being willing to keep you connected or a medical bill that gets forgiven. If you keep your eyes on Him and continue to trust Him, things will work out in the end.

"Trust in the Lord, with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

I love you, and God loves you.

Don't give up hope or belief. Only endurance pays off. If I knew where you live I will try to give you assistance. I have family all across this country.

LostSoul said:
[
I'll pray for you.

Chester, MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN TRYING FOR TWO YEARS NOW TO GET A JOB!!!! The job market down here is bad....and getting worse. It is a cut throat industry out there right now. Especially for those who have no vehicle. So he has to walk, use the net, and call various places upon reading or hearing of possible job oppertunities. So I REALLY DO NOT appreciate your attitude there. You assume so much without knowing the full situation and I find that rather offensive.

For the record, I work full time and do not even make 1100 dollars. So what dream job you are cooking up that pays that much is rather amusing to me. While I have no doubt a good bartending job could pay well....it is hard to get anything down here with all the businesses going in and out. Where I live we have lost six or more businesses in the past few weeks....which basically adds up to this equation....just in case you cannot figure it out on your own:

Businesses lost = More people laid off or without work = More people looking for jobs and to compete with in the area of getting a job.....

Good grief people...get some common sense.... and quit trying to tell me how I or my husband fall short. We are doing the very best we can thank you very much and if you think you know it all try spending a day in our shoes.

Sorry for asking for prayer....I am starting to think I cannot do anything without rudeness from someone. Good luck to you all. This site just is not my cup of tea no more. You cannot even ask for simple prayer here without recieving some form of judgement....

As for the others who replied, thank you....I cannot tell you how much your words of encouragement and patient teaching mean to me. Love is so often in short supply anymore....and to see it in others genuinely is just a rare treat. I thank you for that.

Chao
[/quote]

I'm just trying to help. I didn't mean to be rude. However, a full time minimum wage job pays $7.50/hr which is $1200 per month.

Yes, the economy is very rough right now.

Do you guys go to church? If so, perhaps you could take this to your pastor(s). Perhaps they, and other members of your congregation, can help you through the worst of this.

Sometimes, God provides for us through our brethren, in one way or the other.

I'm praying for you.

LostSoul,

I know its a frustrating and difficult season for you, but allow me to comfort you with hope and reassure you with why this on going struggle has not yet ceased. Its very difficult for you to see right now but God is trying to take you to a new level of faith and to blossom you into something more amazing, both you and your husband. In Romans 5:3 paul talks about how we should rejoice in our sufferings as hard as it is to do. He says this because through our sufferings and trials it produces perseverance, and through perseverance, character, and through character, hope. Throughout the fall and winter my rose bushes lose all their flowers and colors and endure all the weather of the two cold and miserable seasons of the year looking as if they are dead, but when spring comes they start to bud and bloom into a very colorful bush with roses and is beautiful to look at. In the same way we endure some of those cold miserable seasons of life and some are much longer than others, but when we come out of it we show our colors and beauty.

I am also so scared to go through sufferings and tribulations in life and the thought of it all, who isnt? But, I also know that it is needed for growth and to turn a person into someone with much character, faith and patience and more. You can also compare it to weightlifting. When one lifts weights they actually tear down muscle fibers, but afterwards your muscles grow. I believe that sufferings and tribulations also bring us to humble ourselves. Being humble is needed to have a close relationship with God and the reason why God spoke to Moses was because he was the most humble man alive. If I were to say I would want to go through lifes sufferings, I would be a liar, but I also know that it is a really big blessing from God because he wants to turn you into something amazing. So rejoice in the fact that God has allowed trials and tribulations in your life knowing that he is trying to make you something more beautiful by pruning you.

I have two friends, one of them has been without a Job for 6 months and he has a wife and two kids, and his wife did not work. Somehow God brought them through. I watched everything they have gone through over the last year and I am still amazed how God pulled them out of it all. They almost lost their rented house. They lost their car that they almost has paid off. He finally found a Job then had to bounce around to all these different jobs and try to work two jobs at once to make ends meet. His wife was hit with a $10,000 emergency medical bill while they were without insurance. They were getting their stuff shut off. Anyways, he has found a nice job for the time being and God is helping them catch up and he was telling me how he is getting some really big tax return back. So after enduring the pounding of the storm, God has came through for them. He told me through it all he faithfully served God and tithed and everything. My other friend and his wife, on the other hand is going through the process of losing their house, but I cannot tell you how much this man has so much faith it looks as if it doesnt even bother him and losing this house with this big mortgage payment has freed him up financially that I seen him devoting so much more time and money to the church. He doesnt even really know where he is going to go or what hes going to do but he told me he will worry about that when the time comes.

I would also like to remind you that God has control. We forget about all this when hardships come our way but even like the story of Job, God is in control and will allow or not allow things to happen to us. We are basically in a protective bubble, God being that bubble and all things that come towards us must go through him. God tells us that he will not give us more than we can bear. I honestly can say sometimes I think God has given me more than I could bear, but I am still here and still going, so I know that he hasnt. Psalm 139 is basically about how God knows us individually so well inside and out and when we sit down and when we stand up and every thought we think and move we make. Sometimes we think we cannot handle things or that things are unbearable and think that we know things best, but it is truly God who knows us better than we know ourselves and the hardest part is actually have faith and putting trust in letting go ourselves and not being independent, but co-dependant in God.

A final word of encouragement- Sometimes trials and tribulations vary on the duration of the event, but when all is over and done, we have no pain from the former things but Joy in what is to come. I believe its why Paul compared this Christian life as a race and I can relate because I used to be a Cross Country runner and in my races I would be running with effort and as I was going mile after mile I was so tired and exhausted and breathing hard that I felt like just stopping, but I just kept running with all I had to the finish. When I finished, I recovered and was no longer bothered by all the pain it took to to run that race but was happy I finished and that I did not stop. Here is a verse in Revelation that I can compare to my cross country races and that I can compare to trials and tribulations. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.†In this life, we may go through many things but knowing that one day, all the pains and sufferings will pass away and matter no longer because of the Joy to come. I do not even neccessarily use this as a reference for only when we get to heaven, but I use this as a reference in our daily struggles in life. One of mine has been finding a wife and being alone. But I know now even if I dont find a wife till I am 50 years old, that when I do, all the former things will be passed away, all my loneliness and hardships over years of singleness and loneliness will no longer matter, and that will stem from having the joy of finally finding her and being with her.

Stay strong in Christ my sister knowing that one day the former things will pass away.

Your brother in Christ,
John E.

LostSoul said:

Chao
I can relate to your situation. My b/f has been trying for 2 years to find a job too, and he can't drive either. And he lives in a town where there are next to no jobs available. You won't see me passing judgment on you guys, because I know how hard of a situation it is. And I make less than you do :yes I will pray for both of you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back