Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Not Loved Anymore....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

LostSoul

My parents and I no longer speak to one another. I have recently made two to three attempts to try to mend some of the damage that was done on my part to recieve the cold shoulder all three times. So, I have come to feel in my heart that unless I beg for forgiveness....there will be no hope of a relationship. Even....if I did do this....there is no garauntee that my parents would express anything towards me.

I do not hear from them. My younger siblings are not of age where they can drive to see me. So I hear from two of them on facebook. Otherwise my younger sister that I once provided respite care for, I do not hear from at all.

My father resents me, speaks illy of me, and more or less has made it hard for me to truly want a relationship with him as he not only threatened to call CYFD on me out of spite....but from what I have come to understand continues to speak illy of me to my siblings that still live with him within his home.

My mother.....analyzes me...my husband, and my son. She is always looking for something wrong with us. In addition, she tells one of my older siblings whom I talk with and visit with often...that she wants me to call more often. Yet....the first time I called my mother said to me "Is there a purpose to this call?" Since then she has basically been asking things of me so as to find dirt on me...or at least make me feel this way. My mother has otherwise given excuse after excuse for my father's behavior......and made me feel like the only one they believe to be at fault at all for our falling out is myself and my husband.......

I just do not see light at the end of this tunnel. While I know my original relationship before our falling out with my parents was not healthy for me....I did no want it to come to this. So I am having a hard time adjusting to the fact I do not have a family anymore......

This forum needs a huggy smilie. * hugs * I will pray for you. I can certainly understand some of what you are going through.

LostSoul,

I will pray for you, that your parents will welcome you back into their life like the prodigal son.

We love you even if they don't .... and I'm sure God will change their hearts. Whatever happened in the past, I hope you will forgive each other.

:amen :pray :pray

Forgiveness....I cannot tell you how many times in the past I would go looking for that from my parents. Today though....I find myself in the odd position of no longer seeking it as I have come to the realization that no matter what I do....I am not going to be seen any differently than I am now in their eyes. All I can do is love from a distance and pray that in time they can come to see their own wrong doing as I have my own, but I am not going to expect apologies. For they will never come....

After living with my parents and working for them during the last twenty five years of my life...I have come to see that they have the mind set that I am always in the wrong. Also that something must be mentally wrong or otherwise with me, my husband, or my son...as well as my other siblings both living with them and living on their own. Breaking free from them...regretably is the best and healthiest decision I have made for the well being of my familTy.

Self worth, self esteem, and a positive attitude are things that may come in time....but I am at the point where I do not count on anything.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back