Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Not unclean meats anymore

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hello my name is Jarred. I am new member on this forum. This is my testimony that I don't eat anything that is unclean. Not eating pork, shellfish, clams, lobsters, ect anymore. I have really thought about this for while.

In Deu 4: 2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Psalm 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

This clearly shows that today that the God is the same yesterday, today, and forever...he doesn't change his words.

Just as long as you are following ALL of them. Otherwise, it's just kind of a........... well, whatever.... but keeping only part of the law leaves you being a law-breaker on the rest. This is what Jesus tried to show us.... that we (none of us) are able to keep the law.

That's why He said to certainly try to live right, but not to do it as though we were doing anything that would earn anything for us.

In other words, eat healthy simply because we all really should. But be aware that it proves nothing as far as being righteous or holy, or anything like that.

I'm not speaking so much as a mod in this case, but would like to say that this is the testimony forum and not the debate forum and I would like to suggest that we respect that.

Hello my name is Jarred. I am new member on this forum. This is my testimony that I don't eat anything that is unclean. Not eating pork, shellfish, clams, lobsters, ect anymore. I have really thought about this for while.

In Deu 4: 2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Psalm 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

This clearly shows that today that the God is the same yesterday, today, and forever...he doesn't change his words.

:thumbsup I stopped eating what the Almighty calls "abominations" 28 years ago.

Hi, Jarred, and welcome to the forum. I remember when I first started eating only Kosher meats, keeping the Sabbath and other commandments. I was unsure of many things at first, but if you keep seeking God, He will guide you.

That's why He said to certainly try to live right, but not to do it as though we were doing anything that would earn anything for us.

I think the idea for most Christians who are following the commandments is to live right according to how God has told us to live, and not to try to earn our salvation.

In other words, eat healthy simply because we all really should. But be aware that it proves nothing as far as being righteous or holy, or anything like that.

Keeping kosher isn't about being healthy. There are plenty of kosher but unhealthy foods, while there are non-kosher things that are healthy. It's about obeying God's will.

The TOG​

I apologize. I seldom even notice what forum room a post originates from.

Welcome. I am sure God sees what you are doing.

Thank you guys for the responses! This has really change me. I am working on it. But by the holy spirit he will guide me by his strength not mine by full dependent on him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back