Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Now I have to quit buying StarBucks Products,maybe?.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I was watching a Brylan Riggs YouTube video this morning.He was explaining how a conservative christian female StarBucks employee was fired for not wanting to wear a Gay Pride shirt.This is a moral dilemma for me,I really like StarBucks instant coffee blends,I'm struggling with this.As a Christian should I keep purchasing StarBucks products?,if not do you think they will notice?.Good Lord,why am I left with these decisions?,what would you all do?.I'm leaning towards ditching StarBucks now,but I buy products made in China all the time.

The Ohio Resistance.

I was watching a Brylan Riggs YouTube video this morning.He was explaining how a conservative christian female StarBucks employee was fired for not wanting to wear a Gay Pride shirt.This is a moral dilemma for me,I really like StarBucks instant coffee blends,I'm struggling with this.As a Christian should I keep purchasing StarBucks products?,if not do you think they will notice?.Good Lord,why am I left with these decisions?,what would you all do?.I'm leaning towards ditching StarBucks now,but I buy products made in China all the time.

The Ohio Resistance.
Hey All,
This is not just a Christian issue. This is a first amendment issue. The right to free speech also carries with it the right not to be forced to speak in a way you disagree with. If the young lady was an atheist, but did not wish to promote the homosexual agenda, she has the right to refuse to wear the shirt. If it was not made clear at the beginning of her employment that she would have to wear all promotional garments, the employer cannot force her to do it now.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

The Ohio Resistance.
Ditch them.
One man's resistance may not be felt, but your resistance is just a part of the resistance of many!

Hey All,
This is not just a Christian issue. This is a first amendment issue. The right to free speech also carries with it the right not to be forced to speak in a way you disagree with. If the young lady was an atheist, but did not wish to promote the homosexual agenda, she has the right to refuse to wear the shirt. If it was not made clear at the beginning of her employment that she would have to wear all promotional garments, the employer cannot force her to do it now.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Well said,her name is Betsy Fresse,put her convictions aside,why would anyone that is not a homosexual want to put on 'Rainbow' apparel????.This puts a bad taste in my mouth,Ha,Ha,can't even enjoy my coffee without moral convictions popping up now.Why is it that certain organizations and people have decided to ruin society?.

The Ohio Resistance.

[I was watching a Brylan Riggs YouTube video this morning. He was explaining how a conservative Christian female StarBucks’ employee was fired for not wanting to wear a Homosexual Pride shirt. This is a moral dilemma for me. I really like StarBucks’ instant coffee blends. I’m struggling with this. As a Christian should I keep purchasing StarBucks’ products, if not do you think they will notice? Good Lord, why am I left with these decisions? What would you all do? I’m leaning towards ditching StarBucks now, but I buy products made in China all the time.]

The C1 church had similar conflicts of interest. One was over whether to buy cheap meat, only used once in temple worship of so-called gods (1 Cor.8)—which were merely statues, idols, images. In eating such leftover food sold off to butchers, were Christians not avowing loyalty to the idol?

“Now concerning eating food offered to idols: We know that no idol is real in this world and that there is only one who is God. For even if there are ‘gods’ in heaven and on earth (as indeed there are many so-called ‘gods’ and ‘lords’), yet for us there is only one who is God, the father, from whom everything came into being and unto whom we live. And there is only one lord, Jesus the christ, through whom everything came into being and through whom we live.” Those temples were worse than StarBucks!

Many supermarkets and supply stores fly the homosexualism flag as if they live on moral high ground instead of in the moral abyss. It’s an inverse morality, or simply because like occupied France they fear Nazi blowback for noncompliance with flags, vice-signalling.

I think Paul’s advice was not to be too uptight. In short, buy idol-meat if there’s no affordable and viable alternative, but don’t go down the idol’s rabbit hole. I bypass certain providers because of their flag flying, but only because I can easily access what I hope are their more moral, at least less immoral, rivals. Their stats don’t show what they are missing! A public boycott might cause them to rethink, as might conversion to Christ by their bosses. Temples can close down because the worshippers drop off and/‌or because the priests convert. Nowadays leaving bad reviews might also put pressure on today’s ‘temples’ of Marx.

Paul added that the liberty of some Christians can undermine other Christians—strengths and weaknesses. If a restaurant (1 Cor.8:10) publicly stands for blasphemy, a robust Christian might unaffectedly enjoy a good meal, but an uncertain Christian passing by, might follow their example and end up self-condemned. A certain hiddenness is advised. This principle might allow StarBucks with the proviso of not generally promoting it—a few bucks from you won’t take them far.

Back