Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Now my Mom's turn

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nikki

My mom goes in for her heart catherization in the morning. I have to have her there by 8am. Please say a prayer that the procedure goes smoothly and that they won't have to do the balloon thingy ( not sure what it's called). Going by the sonogram, they think they see minor heart damage. This all started when we went sled riding about a month or so ago. While walking up the hill, she started complaining that her chest hurt and she couldn't breathe. She was laughing at the same time, so I started laughing calling her weak and out of shape. We were both joking about it, but the pain continued off and on through the night. They're thinking she may have had a minor heart attack. I'll feel TERRIBLE for laughing if that's what happened. Luckily, she's still got high spirits and just called me laughing over the whole thing again saying that she could have had a heart attack, fell over and I'd still be there saying "Come one mom, you lazy! Let's sled! Here, this will give you the energy to walk" *POW!!! HER HER WITH A SNOWBALL!* "Hey mom, come on, get up! What's wrong with you? Aren't you having fun? You wanna go down the side with the jump so we can sail through the air?! You need to work out, Mom. Wanna do some jumping jacks to get ours heart pumping?!". LOL

Seriously though, if you'll say a small prayer that things go well and they don't find much of anything, I'd appreciate it and I know she would too. She's only 56, so she's too young to start having heart trouble!

BTW....my dad is doing really good! He called me today and he sounded really good and not as depressed. :angel:

Nikki,

In times of trials I am constantly reminded that we have a God SO great, caring and forgiving that He is always there for us, no matter what. Despite the trials and tribulations, the life and death we struggle and suffer through and the doubts we experience. He always brings me to this passage...

PSALM - 91
-1- He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
-2- I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."
-3- Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence.
-4- He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
-5- You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
-6- Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
-7- A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you.
-8- Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked.
-9- Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
-10- No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
-11- For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.
-12- In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
-13- You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
-14- "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
-15- He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.
-16- With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation."

Nikki I am holding your mom up to the Lord for His healing. Jesus You only need to say the word and Nikki's mom will be healed. I am asking You Lord that this procedure goes smooth and that they will find everything ok. Thank You Jesus for listening to our prayers. Amen.

S-nikki... praying for an easy procedure and fast & full recovery for your mom. Also praying His protection upon your whole family! In Christ Jesus, amen

Deke

and amen Vic... Psalm 91... awesome!

Prayer is already at God's ears.I agree in prayer with the other's.
God Bless

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back