Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Now There Are Diversities Of Gifts, But The Same Spirit.

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Sunday 8-4-24 1st Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 28 5784 46th. Summer Day

1 Corinthians 12

Test Of The Spirit's Control

1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Diversity Of The Gifts

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Importance Of All Gifts

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 14

Superiority Of Prophecy 1-6, Gifts Of Tongues 7-25, Exercising Gifts In Public Worship 26-40.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:
Sunday 8-4-24 1st Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 28 5784 46th. Summer Day

1 Corinthians 12

Test Of The Spirit's Control

1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Diversity Of The Gifts

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Importance Of All Gifts

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 14

Superiority Of Prophecy 1-6, Gifts Of Tongues 7-25, Exercising Gifts In Public Worship 26-40.

Love, Walter And Debbie
But there are unclean spirits as the Bible makes clear, and these are what we see today in the unholy gibberish and nonsense garble we see today..

But there are unclean spirits as the Bible makes clear, and these are what we see today in the unholy gibberish and nonsense garble we see today..
What are your qualifications that suggest that you would recognize ALL of the spoken languages of the world ? Otherwise it will sound like gibberish to you .

re the anger thing ;;;

"Be constantly righteously indignant (angry), and do not let the sun go down on your anger" Bible somewhere.
We are constantly harrassed, accosted, seeing false things publicized, promoted, encouraged, pushed on people , including every day false gospels broadcast, preached taught, all over the world....
Be angry at this, and sin not..... be in prayer constantly ....

God Grants His Beloved Sleep (peaceful sleep, rest...) ...

Amen Brother, in His appointed time, will be taken care of.
Bible: "Today, if you hear His Voice, ......" ..... now I forgot the context... but am thinking that Today is the day to seek the Lord while He May Be Found - stay and remain IN HIM, not some day by and by ......

What are your qualifications that suggest that you would recognize ALL of the spoken languages of the world ? Otherwise it will sound like gibberish to you .
If there is none to hear and understand, then it is not of God, as He is a God of order, and would not force useless to say nothing of unholy utterances with no purpose. Only the evil one would do such a thing, telling people they must force it or fake it or they are not part of the people of God. Deception of the highest order...

If there is none to hear and understand, then it is not of God, as He is a God of order, and would not force useless to say nothing of unholy utterances with no purpose. Only the evil one would do such a thing, telling people they must force it or fake it or they are not part of the people of God. Deception of the highest order...
There was a message in tongues given out in a church service and as everyone waited to hear the interpretation given none was ever offered leaving everyone to wonder why not at the end of the service .

At this point would you declare the tongues message given out in this case to be gibberish ?

Anyone not found written in the book of life was cast into the Lake of Fire, Rev. 20:15.
Anyone = any person , unless you have another definition :chin . Evil Spirit = entity .

Glad you said the unclean spirits would be cast into the lake of fire because I am not sure what really happens to the evil spirits and never really thought about it till now :). Of course we can only guess where they came from to begin with as you know :shrug .

Anyone = any person , unless you have another definition :chin . Evil Spirit = entity .

Glad you said the unclean spirits would be cast into the lake of fire because I am not sure what really happens to the evil spirits and never really thought about it till now :). Of course we can only guess where they came from to begin with as you know :shrug .
Where else do you think they would go? Is there any place for them in the new heaven and new earth? My biggest objection to the trinity doctrine is the ambiguous definition of "person" in "three persons" - God is spirit (Jn. 4:24), the Holy Spirit is spirit, but Jesus is BOTH flesh and spirit, so which one is it? Whenever I asked this, I never got a straight answer, I was shut up - "it's TRADITION!" Alright, let's go with that tradition, according to which a spirit must have personhood as well, so there you have it, the "another definition" being the fundemantal doctrine of Christianity.

I assure you that there's no guesswork, it's written in the Scripture:

"God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment." (2 Pt. 2:4)

"Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?" (1 Cor. 6:3)

Where else do you think they would go?
We are simply not told where the evil spirits will go . Could the evil spirits return from whence they came from ? Remember we are not told where evil spirits come from in the Bible .
Is there any place for them in the new heaven and new earth?
Ahh , I see you will send them to the Lake of Fire through a process of elimination of where they can't go , could work I suppose .
My biggest objection to the trinity doctrine is the ambiguous definition of "person" in "three persons" - God is spirit (Jn. 4:24), the Holy Spirit is spirit, but Jesus is BOTH flesh and spirit, so which one is it? Whenever I asked this, I never got a straight answer, I was shut up - "it's TRADITION!" Alright, let's go with that tradition, according to which a spirit must have personhood as well, so there you have it, the "another definition" being the fundemantal doctrine of Christianity.
anyone=person , I got that from here . I was not talking about the trinity :nonono .

I assure you that there's no guesswork, it's written in the Scripture:

"God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment." (2 Pt. 2:4)

"Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?" (1 Cor. 6:3)
There are evil spirits .

There are angels fallen and angels that did not fall .

Unless you have some scripture that tells us that fallen angels turn into evil spirits , fallen angels and evil spirits are not the same .

Evil spirits search for a body to inhabit , not so with fallen angels .

Matthew 12

43When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Back