Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study "offer your bodies as a living sacrifice" Romans 12:1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"offer your bodies as a living sacrifice" Romans 12:1

In a Buddhist story, there was a monk and he had around 500 disciples. The premier of his disciples always kept smiling in spite of all the hardships of vigorous meditations and difficult forest life. Once, this group of monks visited the ruling king of the region. When they arrived, the number one assistant sat on a rug at the feet of the old monk. They didn't speak very much, but every so often he would say, "What happiness! Oh what happiness!" Then the king came to visit. He paid his respects to the chief monk. However, the one from the forest just kept saying, "What happiness! Oh what happiness!" He did not even stop to greet the king and show proper respect. This disturbed him, and he thought, "With all my worries, as busy as I am looking after the kingdom, I take time out for a visit and this monk does not respect me enough to even recognize me. "How insulting!" He said to the senior of the two monks, "Venerable sir, this monk must be stupid from overeating. That must be why he is so full of happiness. Does he lie around here so lazy all the time?" The head monk replied, "Oh king, have patience and I will tell you the source of his happiness. Not many know it. He was once a king, just as rich and mighty as you! Then he was ordained a monk and gave up his kingly life. Now he thinks his old happiness was nothing compared to his present joy!"

Though this Buddhist story is theologically and philosophically different from Christian perspectives, it clearly depicts the root of our sufferings. The basic cause of our worries and tensions are the self portrayal of greediness through our deeds. But, Christian theology DOES NOT encourage abstinence from our duties and responsibilities as some other religious doctrines teach. St. Paul the apostle gives a clear example of how a Christian should live in this world. He worked for Christ as a missionary among gentiles, but never burdened the people for his daily living expense. He worked as a tent maker and earned his living. He was an educated Jew and a Roman citizen, but he was not ashamed to walk into the outcast and untouchables. His focus was on God, but lived for the service and salvation of others. A true living sacrifice.

Many people around us are burning day by day in the scorching heat of this competitive world. We all are surrounded and answerable to people, who will not be satisfied or happy with whatever we do. The cases of suicides and homicides are on the rising. It is important to understand how to face this struggle and competitiveness in a Christian way. We believe in Jesus Christ as our only Lord and savior. As Christians, we should urge ourselves to live in Christ through obeying His commandments, that is to love God and love one another. Our focus should be in Christ and to please Him. Then, Christ will use us for His mighty glory. Word of God clearly reinstates and promises that a person living in Christ will produce much fruits. We should be satisfied with the fruit of our God. Hence, a complete submission of our life and our work is needed in the presence of Jesus Christ for Him to come and plant His divine seed in our heart. As St. Paul states, 'Let us offer our work, our needs, our failures etc. and our life as a living sacrifice in the hands of Jesus Christ'.

Hi there my good friend Sijo. It's so good to hear from you again. I trust that our beloved Savior and you have been having great fellowship together as you commune with Him in the Scriptures and prayer.

I like your post very much. Submission to Jesus' will for our lives is a good reminder to start every day with a complete surrender to His will for our lives each and every day. And to present our bodies, spirit, mind and souls to our Heavenly Father each day as a living sacrifice. I appreciate the way that you write your posts, they are IMO sincere and humble....May our Master Owner, Jesus the Christ of God, bless your fruitful days working for His Glory....I love you! :hug

If this message is not on, then I apologize to the author of this wonderful post and other forum participants.

"present your bodies as a living sacrifice"
Acting Ukrainian authorities understand these words literally.
Every day they are prepared "Christmas gifts" in the form of mortar shells for children south - east of Ukraine.

PR20150110210454.JPG

In Donetsk, the child was seriously injured in your own backyard as a result of rupture of the shell

In Donetsk during the shelling of one of the shells exploded in the courtyard of an apartment house and destroyed the lives of an entire family. This is not a metaphor. Stories told by journalists of the First Channel, many may come as a shock. What can I say, if even experienced physicians are confronted with for the first time. Especially when the patient only eight years old.
Trauma intensive care unit of the hospital. Seriously wounded - it is their everyday work. But about the patient, which is a film crew of Channel One, an elderly doctor says - this in his practice was not. Year-old boy hears that came the visitors. Hello and looking without blinking.
Van difficult to speak. Just had ligation. He changed the bandages on his legs and arm, and then treated with a long face, riddled with shrapnel.
"Metallic foreign body. Thick. 4h2,5 mm. A lot of small foreign bodies. Analgesic him sedatiruem yesterday were anesthetized. Otherwise, it was difficult. He shouts," - says Nikolay GORYUK resuscitation.
Both legs and his right hand on the edge of Vanya lost Miner. He played with his younger brother on the porch, the courtyard hit by a shell. What power there was an explosion, seen on the ruined porch. Fragments struck the board, damaged wall. They flew with such force that it knocked the glass in a neighboring building.
"Stepfather died after the explosion. I guess mine exploded, and the youngest of five children died. I looked in fragments - a blow took the baby," - says the head of the surgical department of the hospital Miner Vladimir Ilchuk.
Vanya has lost more than a liter of blood. Behind - three operations, and surgeons will still work. With him in the ward constantly mother, father arrived. Parents include cartoons and read stories. A son still asks questions, from which the tears in her eyes.
"He says I'm doing so on the right handle. We are responsible, Vanya, there are no handles. Pro Jr. asks - buried Timoshka? I say - buried," - says the boy's father, Yuri Voronov.
In the circumstances of the incident the police now understands the self-proclaimed republic. They interrogate neighbors, waiting Vanya can take readings.
Van doctor showing his hand, asked how many fingers he sees. The boy does not want to guess, and see how many fingers, but not yet obtained. Because of the fragments Vanya lost one eye and the other barely distinguish light. His consulting ophthalmologist every day. What is vision - forecasts doctors have not yet given.

Shocking video: http://www.1tv.ru/news/world/275406

P.S. My son in February should also be 8 years.

If this message is not on, then I apologize to the author of this wonderful post and other forum participants.

"present your bodies as a living sacrifice"
Acting Ukrainian authorities understand these words literally.
Every day they are prepared "Christmas gifts" in the form of mortar shells for children south - east of Ukraine.

PR20150110210454.JPG

In Donetsk, the child was seriously injured in your own backyard as a result of rupture of the shell

In Donetsk during the shelling of one of the shells exploded in the courtyard of an apartment house and destroyed the lives of an entire family. This is not a metaphor. Stories told by journalists of the First Channel, many may come as a shock. What can I say, if even experienced physicians are confronted with for the first time. Especially when the patient only eight years old.
Trauma intensive care unit of the hospital. Seriously wounded - it is their everyday work. But about the patient, which is a film crew of Channel One, an elderly doctor says - this in his practice was not. Year-old boy hears that came the visitors. Hello and looking without blinking.
Van difficult to speak. Just had ligation. He changed the bandages on his legs and arm, and then treated with a long face, riddled with shrapnel.
"Metallic foreign body. Thick. 4h2,5 mm. A lot of small foreign bodies. Analgesic him sedatiruem yesterday were anesthetized. Otherwise, it was difficult. He shouts," - says Nikolay GORYUK resuscitation.
Both legs and his right hand on the edge of Vanya lost Miner. He played with his younger brother on the porch, the courtyard hit by a shell. What power there was an explosion, seen on the ruined porch. Fragments struck the board, damaged wall. They flew with such force that it knocked the glass in a neighboring building.
"Stepfather died after the explosion. I guess mine exploded, and the youngest of five children died. I looked in fragments - a blow took the baby," - says the head of the surgical department of the hospital Miner Vladimir Ilchuk.
Vanya has lost more than a liter of blood. Behind - three operations, and surgeons will still work. With him in the ward constantly mother, father arrived. Parents include cartoons and read stories. A son still asks questions, from which the tears in her eyes.
"He says I'm doing so on the right handle. We are responsible, Vanya, there are no handles. Pro Jr. asks - buried Timoshka? I say - buried," - says the boy's father, Yuri Voronov.
In the circumstances of the incident the police now understands the self-proclaimed republic. They interrogate neighbors, waiting Vanya can take readings.
Van doctor showing his hand, asked how many fingers he sees. The boy does not want to guess, and see how many fingers, but not yet obtained. Because of the fragments Vanya lost one eye and the other barely distinguish light. His consulting ophthalmologist every day. What is vision - forecasts doctors have not yet given.

Shocking video: http://www.1tv.ru/news/world/275406

P.S. My son in February should also be 8 years.

I feel so bad for this youngster. I can't imagine living in a Country that is continually under attack like this area. My heart goes out to all the innocent children, and Parents who are constantly in fear of being hurt or even killed for a reason that many don't understand.

Thank you Dionysian for making this sad, sad event public....Everyone of us should keep this little boy in our prayers.

"offer your bodies as a living sacrifice" Romans 12:1

In a Buddhist story, there was a monk and he had around 500 disciples. The premier of his disciples always kept smiling in spite of all the hardships of vigorous meditations and difficult forest life. Once, this group of monks visited the ruling king of the region. When they arrived, the number one assistant sat on a rug at the feet of the old monk. They didn't speak very much, but every so often he would say, "What happiness! Oh what happiness!" Then the king came to visit. He paid his respects to the chief monk. However, the one from the forest just kept saying, "What happiness! Oh what happiness!" He did not even stop to greet the king and show proper respect. This disturbed him, and he thought, "With all my worries, as busy as I am looking after the kingdom, I take time out for a visit and this monk does not respect me enough to even recognize me. "How insulting!" He said to the senior of the two monks, "Venerable sir, this monk must be stupid from overeating. That must be why he is so full of happiness. Does he lie around here so lazy all the time?" The head monk replied, "Oh king, have patience and I will tell you the source of his happiness. Not many know it. He was once a king, just as rich and mighty as you! Then he was ordained a monk and gave up his kingly life. Now he thinks his old happiness was nothing compared to his present joy!"

Though this Buddhist story is theologically and philosophically different from Christian perspectives, it clearly depicts the root of our sufferings. The basic cause of our worries and tensions are the self portrayal of greediness through our deeds. But, Christian theology DOES NOT encourage abstinence from our duties and responsibilities as some other religious doctrines teach. St. Paul the apostle gives a clear example of how a Christian should live in this world. He worked for Christ as a missionary among gentiles, but never burdened the people for his daily living expense. He worked as a tent maker and earned his living. He was an educated Jew and a Roman citizen, but he was not ashamed to walk into the outcast and untouchables. His focus was on God, but lived for the service and salvation of others. A true living sacrifice.

Many people around us are burning day by day in the scorching heat of this competitive world. We all are surrounded and answerable to people, who will not be satisfied or happy with whatever we do. The cases of suicides and homicides are on the rising. It is important to understand how to face this struggle and competitiveness in a Christian way. We believe in Jesus Christ as our only Lord and savior. As Christians, we should urge ourselves to live in Christ through obeying His commandments, that is to love God and love one another. Our focus should be in Christ and to please Him. Then, Christ will use us for His mighty glory. Word of God clearly reinstates and promises that a person living in Christ will produce much fruits. We should be satisfied with the fruit of our God. Hence, a complete submission of our life and our work is needed in the presence of Jesus Christ for Him to come and plant His divine seed in our heart. As St. Paul states, 'Let us offer our work, our needs, our failures etc. and our life as a living sacrifice in the hands of Jesus Christ'.
That was delightful.

That was delightful.

I agree, I liked it very much. Just the little that you and I have conversed, I figured you would like that, in fact, when I read it, I thought of you. You want to be happy, and I figure you'd like all your surroundings to be a happy place with happy people. I like that, especially in this mixed up world.

I agree, I liked it very much. Just the little that you and I have conversed, I figured you would like that, in fact, when I read it, I thought of you. You want to be happy, and I figure you'd like all your surroundings to be a happy place with happy people. I like that, especially in this mixed up world.
Thanks chopper.

Back