Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Opposing the Sola’s

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer
Scripture declares the five Protestant Solas are false doctrine!

Only one verse that contradicts a sola is required to prove it “false doctrine”.

Faith alone: Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Christ alone: Christ alone: John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Grace alone: Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Scripture alone: Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Glory to God alone: Romans 2:10
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

All five sola’s are “false doctrine” and another Gospel having departed from the faith revealed by Jesus christ!

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Galatians 1:6
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Novelties:

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Thanks

Biblical hijinks!

Contex: all scripture is inspired, nothing about context, or exegesis.

Selective context:

I have been presented with eph 2:8 alone without context more than any other verse!

It’s ok for one side to use these tactics no one else better try it!

Scripture out of context or without proper study is catholic, scripture in context or with proper study is Protestant.

According to context Ex 20 only presents 9 Commandments!

Jesus Christ is “The way” only because of a partial verse completely “out of context”!

These are stratagems to Shutting down the opposing view.

Wall o text another stratagem to say
I don’t have to believe it!

I don’t have to believe
I don’t have to
I don’t have
I don’t
I
I I I I I
All about me and my pride!

I’m not accusing you or anyone here, only saying we should all examine our motives to see if we are operating from virtues or vices.

Pride or humility!

Christians must practice the supernatural virtues of Jesus Christ especially charity and humility!

Questions & comments
It’s all good!

Forum: free and open exchange of ideas, everyone has the right to share and defend their faith, especially “thee faith”! Jude 1:3
(Contend for the faith)

How does the context Jn chapter 11 make Jesus not be the “resurrection and the life”???

Since he is the resurrection and the life only by a partial verse completely out of context with the rest of the chapter!

Jn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Thanks

Ten Commandments

Ex 20

Scripture has no list (1, 2, 3, etc.) of the Ten Commandments

According to subject matter or context:

First commandment: ex 20:2-6
One God

Second commandment: ex 20:7
God’s name

Third commandment: ex 20:8-11
God’s sabbath

Fourth commandment: ex 20:12
Parents

Fifth commandment: ex 20:13
Murder

Sixth commandment: ex 20:14
Adultery

Seventh commandment: ex 20:15
Theft

Eighth commandment: ex 20:16
Lying

Ninth commandment: ex 20:17
Coveting

Separating the two about coveting makes sense and makes Ten Commandments

If “scripture is the only authority “ then there can be no authority to interpret the scripture and give authentic meaning!

So scripture needs to say “scripture interprets scripture” if it’s true!

And scripture needs to say what is and what is not scripture!

Cannot always know the meaning from text.

Examples:

“No Hurry”

Does that mean “no hurry” I can’t wait? Or “no hurry” I have plenty of time? Which is it?

And the possible meanings are completely opposite of each other!

“A fat sandwich man”

Does that mean a fat man who makes sandwiches? Or a man who makes fat sandwiches?

Only the one who wrote it knows which is the authentic meaning or interpretation!

Thanks

If “scripture interprets scripture”?

Then when does it say what are the
commandments referred to in Matt 28:20 and acts 1:2

What are the mysteries referred to in matt 13:11 and Lk 8:10 and 1 cor 4:1 and 1 cor 13:2 and 1 cor 14:2

Scripture declares the five Protestant Solas are false doctrine!

Only one verse that contradicts a sola is required to prove it “false doctrine”.

Faith alone: Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Christ alone: Christ alone: John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Grace alone: Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Scripture alone: Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Glory to God alone: Romans 2:10
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

All five sola’s are “false doctrine” and another Gospel having departed from the faith revealed by Jesus christ!

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Galatians 1:6
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Novelties:

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Thanks
Yes. by his labor of love. . . called a work of his faith His understanding alone.

Yoked with him our daily sufferings is made lighter .It does no open the door to limbo and purgatory the wondering sufferings doctrine with no end in sight Satan is the god of lying wonders God sends a strong delusion to those who believe sufferings is not finished after one takes thier last breath according to 1 Peter 1:11 we receive the reward of faith (empowered by God needed to believe God from the first hearing of the gospel.

Roman Catholicism with Greek Orthodox like the Pharisees with Sadducees served the oral tradition of the fathers as false zeal for knowing our Holy Father in heaven They called their legion as a hierarchy of fathers "law of the fathers'. . mere commandment venerable puffed up men that lord it over the non venerable pew sitters.
They showed the true colors murdering punishing mankind that did not follow after thier high priest (as a Pope) or called a dayman fleshly infalible interpreter in Job

Thier high priest gave them letter of his approval .Following the pagan foundation out of sight out of mind as in who believes in a Holy Father not seen

When Saul was born again from above he became public enemy #1 they insisted on judging Paul by the oral traditions I heard it through the legion of father grape vine . But they could not prove that soal scritura was a heresy and they had the law.

The first century reformation had come (hebrew 9) The 15th century a carbon copy same law of the father commandments of men . .different fathers .

Acts 22:1-5King James Version Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you.2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,) I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.
Acts 24:5-6 For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes: Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.

Acts 24:13-14 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.
But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: (sola scriptura)

.Sola scriptura. . the armor of God . The living abiding word of God. . even today it is restoring his government as when two or three or two or three million gather under the hearing of His faithfulness . . not the government of dying mankind men.

If “scripture is the only authority “ then there can be no authority to interpret the scripture and give authentic meaning!

So scripture needs to say “scripture interprets scripture” if it’s true!

And scripture needs to say what is and what is not scripture!

Cannot always know the meaning from text.

Examples:

“No Hurry”

Does that mean “no hurry” I can’t wait? Or “no hurry” I have plenty of time? Which is it?

And the possible meanings are completely opposite of each other!

“A fat sandwich man”

Does that mean a fat man who makes sandwiches? Or a man who makes fat sandwiches?

Only the one who wrote it knows which is the authentic meaning or interpretation!

Thanks
I think God gives meaning to his word he does not makes sounds without meaning and purpose that some who fall back slain in the spirit call tongues .

Time and time again Peter our brother in the lord denied Christ's understanding and had to be corrected not understanding the mysteries of God his in parables .

One time after being reinstated in his confusion he became a slave for the father of lies and rebuked God. In John 21 again just be reinstated (do you love me) in his jealousy of John peter went to town and began one of the lying oral tradition saying John would not die Again Jesus did the work and exposed the lie and then he informed us if every time he had to dismiss the lies of the oral traditions of the fathers we would need a bigger world to store the volume's upon volumes

John 21: 22-25 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

You would think one warning would be enough for our brother in the Lord

Not only does Scripture refute these "solas", but so does simple logic and reason.

You can't have a series of "solas"; for sola, by definition, means only= without others or anything further; alone; solely; exclusively. The first "sola" therefore precludes belief in any subsequent "solas".

Not only does Scripture refute these "solas", but so does simple logic and reason.

You can't have a series of "solas"; for sola, by definition, means only= without others or anything further; alone; solely; exclusively. The first "sola" therefore precludes belief in any subsequent "solas".

Not only...one word . . with others (the whole or perfect)

Scripture is sola. . the living word of God alone. . from Genesis through Revelation .

We are are to rightly divide it as he lovingly commands us (2 Timothy 2:15) in order to seek his approval and not the approval of men. We are warned of those antichrists( false prophets, false apostles )

We cannot add to sola scriptura (all things written in the law and prophets) with the oral traditons of some of the fathers or subtract form it

.It is sealed with 7 seals til the last day under the Sun .

You would be cutting off the feet of the gospel by insisting mankind can serve two good teaching masters coming from one God as Lord of lords. . not seen

Yes. by his labor of love. . . called a work of his faith His understanding alone.

Yoked with him our daily sufferings is made lighter .It does no open the door to limbo and purgatory the wondering sufferings doctrine with no end in sight Satan is the god of lying wonders God sends a strong delusion to those who believe sufferings is not finished after one takes thier last breath according to 1 Peter 1:11 we receive the reward of faith (empowered by God needed to believe God from the first hearing of the gospel.

Roman Catholicism with Greek Orthodox like the Pharisees with Sadducees served the oral tradition of the fathers as false zeal for knowing our Holy Father in heaven They called their legion as a hierarchy of fathers "law of the fathers'. . mere commandment venerable puffed up men that lord it over the non venerable pew sitters.
They showed the true colors murdering punishing mankind that did not follow after thier high priest (as a Pope) or called a dayman fleshly infalible interpreter in Job

Thier high priest gave them letter of his approval .Following the pagan foundation out of sight out of mind as in who believes in a Holy Father not seen

When Saul was born again from above he became public enemy #1 they insisted on judging Paul by the oral traditions I heard it through the legion of father grape vine . But they could not prove that soal scritura was a heresy and they had the law.

The first century reformation had come (hebrew 9) The 15th century a carbon copy same law of the father commandments of men . .different fathers .

Acts 22:1-5King James Version Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you.2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,) I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.
Acts 24:5-6 For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes: Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.

Acts 24:13-14 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.
But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: (sola scriptura)

.Sola scriptura. . the armor of God . The living abiding word of God. . even today it is restoring his government as when two or three or two or three million gather under the hearing of His faithfulness . . not the government of dying mankind men.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Divine tradition: every word the apostles heard from the mouth of Christ for three years, only part was written

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

Apostolic tradition:

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness!
(all scripture not 66 books alone)

“Christ founded a church to teach and sanctify all men unto
Eternal salvation”: Matt 28:28 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8, 2:42, 8:31 Jn 16:13, 20:21-23 Matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:16
1 Jn 1:4

I did not say the Bible is not an authority, I say it’s not the “only authority”!

The Bible is the fruit of the apostolic tradition, the church is not dependent on scripture to know truth cos she was taught by Christ in person for thee years!

The same apostolic church you say is the beast or whore is the apostolic church that wrote and approved the New Testament canon!

The New Testament is the fruit of the apostolic authority in succession from the apostles! Without the apostolic authority and apostolic succession there would be no New Testament!

Are we really just Relying on our own private judgement of scripture?

Instead of Christ the light of the world, and the way, the truth, and the Life!

And Christ and His church are one unity in all truth and grace!

Really we are just believing in our own private fallible judgment!

When Christ established the church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Matt 28:19

Christians must be taught or instructed by the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church! Lk 1:4
Matt 28:19, Lk 10:16, Jn 20:21
Acts 8:31, Colossians 2:7

Our understanding, study, interpretation, judgment, are all adding to scripture!

Our reason is part of fallen human nature and is defective.
Our holy religion is revealed by God!

Truth known by “hearing” the apostles not the “Bible alone”!

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The apostles in person:

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Doctrine of the apostles: acts 2:42

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Matt 5:14 the apostles are the light of the world until Christ returns in glory!

The Apostolic church is the pillar of truth!
1 tim 3:15
Thanks

Not only...one word . . with others (the whole or perfect)

Scripture is sola. . the living word of God alone. . from Genesis through Revelation .

We are are to rightly divide it as he lovingly commands us (2 Timothy 2:15) in order to seek his approval and not the approval of men. We are warned of those antichrists( false prophets, false apostles )

We cannot add to sola scriptura (all things written in the law and prophets) with the oral traditons of some of the fathers or subtract form it

.It is sealed with 7 seals til the last day under the Sun .

You would be cutting off the feet of the gospel by insisting mankind can serve two good teaching masters coming from one God as Lord of lords. . not seen
To believe in Scripture alone would mean you are violating the very rule are claiming to adhere to because Scripture itself says the word of God is NOT confined to the pages of Scripture. For example...

1 Thessalonians 2:23 ---> And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 ---> So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

Luke 10:16 ---> Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you rejects me, and whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.

Hebrews 13:7 ---> Remember your leaders, those who spoke the word of God to you...

To believe in Scripture alone would mean you are violating the very rule are claiming to adhere to because Scripture itself says the word of God is NOT confined to the pages of Scripture. For example...

1 Thessalonians 2:23 ---> And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 ---> So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

Luke 10:16 ---> Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you rejects me, and whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.

Hebrews 13:7 ---> Remember your leaders, those who spoke the word of God to you...
Hi I would offer.

None of those verses speak of another source of Christian faith other than the living abiding word. The power of reformations restoring the government of God in any generation.

In the first example he is simply defining apostles as messengers that bring the mind of God to us (Not of their own they have no power... (1 Thessalonians 2:23)you received the word of God, which you heard from us (not our word ) they dared not add to it or subtract from it.

The same way (
2 Thessalonians 2:15) stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us. Whether they be traditions of God. God was still bring new revelation that could be added or written a continuation until the last sealed with 7 seals til the end of time (2

Again (Luke 10:16 ---> Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you rejects me, and whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me) The me in that verse Is God bringing prophecy. if we reject him we reject prophecy.

Again Hebrews 13:7 ---> Remember your leaders, those who spoke the word of God to you...apostles are moved to speak the word of God they are not the source of hearing God as it is written (sola scriptura) .it defends us as we put on the armor of God.

Lk 3:2 the word of God came unto John in the wilderness

Did a book fall on his head?

If scripture is the only authority then there can be no authority to interpret scripture, or decide on the canon what is and what is not scripture

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

I did not say the Bible is not an authority, I say it’s not the “only authority”!

The Bible is the fruit of the apostolic tradition, the church is not dependent on scripture to know truth cos she was taught by Christ in person for thee years!

The same apostolic church you say is the beast or whore is the apostolic church that wrote and approved the New Testament canon!

The New Testament is the fruit of the apostolic authority in succession from the apostles! Without the apostolic authority and apostolic succession there would be no New Testament!

When Christ established the church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Matt 28:19

Christians must be taught or instructed by the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church! Lk 1:4

Scripture Verses that contradict the “Bible is our ONLY AUTHORITY”!

Matt 5:14
Matt 13:11
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 4:11
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Tim 3:15
1 Jn 1:3-5
1 Jn 4:6
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Thanks

Lk 3:2 the word of God came unto John in the wilderness

Did a book fall on his head?

If scripture is the only authority then there can be no authority to interpret scripture, or decide on the canon what is and what is not scripture

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Scripture Verses that contradict the “Bible is our ONLY AUTHORITY”!

Matt 13:11
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 4:11
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Jn 1:3-5
1 Jn 4:6
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Thanks

We hear the church as it declares the living word of God all things writen in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) yoked with Christ ..all things writen in the law and the prophets The living abiding word is a discerner of the dark heart of dying mankind

The sword of the spirit as the armor of God is double edged dividing between the things of men and those of our Unseen Holy Father

Hebrews 2:11-13 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit , and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do

It abides in us teaching us comforting us and bringing to our new born again mind that which he previously taught us. Giving rise to the warning of the antichrists false apostles false prophets as oral tradition of dying mankind that say a man flesh and blood seen must teach us the foundation of paganism (out of sight out of mind) Like that of the first murder of the father of lies . Cain buried the first martyr Abel sent as a apostle of God under the ground His blood like the blood of all saints long to be clothed with the incorruptible. no aging as in dying . when asked cain led by the father of lies. . exercised the lie. . . I know not. I know nothing

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

It's not the Pope that brings all things to our remembrance, as if whatsoever the Pope has said we serve him .

1 John 2:26-27 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.. . . . . . . The Eternal Holy Father not seen.

We hear the church as it declares the living word of God all things writen in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) yoked with Christ ..all things writen in the law and the prophets The living abiding word is a discerner of the dark heart of dying mankind

The sword of the spirit as the armor of God is double edged dividing between the things of men and those of our Unseen Holy Father

Hebrews 2:11-13 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit , and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do

It abides in us teaching us comforting us and bringing to our new born again mind that which he previously taught us. Giving rise to the warning of the antichrists false apostles false prophets as oral tradition of dying mankind that say a man flesh and blood seen must teach us the foundation of paganism (out of sight out of mind) Like that of the first murder of the father of lies . Cain buried the first martyr Abel sent as a apostle of God under the ground His blood like the blood of all saints long to be clothed with the incorruptible. no aging as in dying . when asked cain led by the father of lies. . exercised the lie. . . I know not. I know nothing

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

It's not the Pope that brings all things to our remembrance, as if whatsoever the Pope has said we serve him .

1 John 2:26-27 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.. . . . . . . The Eternal Holy Father not seen.
Scripture does not say this!

The apostolic church “IS” the light of the world and “IS” the pillar of truth! Matt 5:14 1 Tim 3:15

The apostolic church does not require scripture to know the truth revealed by Christ!! He taught the apostles in person three years years and they teach us. Matt 28:19
Apostolic tradition includes scripture and the defined canon of scripture!

Thanks

The church is an extension of Christ!

The scripture says many of the same things of the apostolic church as it does Christ!

Light of the world: Jn 8:12 / Matt 5:14
Hear: Matt 17:5 acts 3:22 / Matt 18:17
Authority: Matt 28:17 / Jn 20:21
Reconciliation: 2 cor 5:19 / 2 cor 5:18
Forgive sins: Lk 5:20 / Jn 20:23

Truth: Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 Jn 15:1 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42

Hi I would offer.

None of those verses speak of another source of Christian faith other than the living abiding word. The power of reformations restoring the government of God in any generation.
There is only one source of Christian faith: God Himself in the Person of Jesus Christ.

In the first example he is simply defining apostles as messengers that bring the mind of God to us (Not of their own they have no power... (1 Thessalonians 2:23)you received the word of God, which you heard from us (not our word ) they dared not add to it or subtract from it.

The same way (
2 Thessalonians 2:15) stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us. Whether they be traditions of God. God was still bring new revelation that could be added or written a continuation until the last sealed with 7 seals til the end of time (2

Again (Luke 10:16 ---> Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you rejects me, and whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me) The me in that verse Is God bringing prophecy. if we reject him we reject prophecy.

Again Hebrews 13:7 ---> Remember your leaders, those who spoke the word of God to you...apostles are moved to speak the word of God they are not the source of hearing God as it is written (sola scriptura) .it defends us as we put on the armor of God.
What I posted refutes any notion that the word of God is confined to pages in a book. Scripture - paradoxically for you - is clear and explicit about that. See my previous post. The word of God was spoken before it was penned.

In fact, the only time our Blessed Lord commands an Apostle to write something down was a vision St. John had in the Apocalypse.

There is only one source of Christian faith: God Himself in the Person of Jesus Christ.

What I posted refutes any notion that the word of God is confined to pages in a book. Scripture - paradoxically for you - is clear and explicit about that. See my previous post. The word of God was spoken before it was penned.

In fact, the only time our Blessed Lord commands an Apostle to write something down was a vision St. John had in the Apocalypse.

Yes 1/3 of human history passed before God gave his eye witness account beginning in Genesis.
When he has finished writing as a prophet sent as a apostle he was to place sola scriptura book of law (no philopshical theories) on the side of the golden ark Gold represents the unseen thing of God's faith By faith (believing) it revealed what was inside.. . .called hidden manna in revelations 2:17

Deuteronomy 31:25-27King James Version25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?

He knew men would try and set up a succession of dying mankind as soon as Moses died today called apostolic succession oral traditions of dying mankind.

I would be interested in knowing why Catholisicim rejects sola scriptura as a reforming tool in any generation ?

Knowing no man can serve two writen teaching masters coming from one unseen Holy Father .Why two?????

Why a person would desire to puff up or venerate dying mankind remains a mystery made known by the word of God (sola scriptura) the shield of faith (Christ in us) the one hope of glory. . not seen

Note. . ( Purple) my added offering

1 Corinthians 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure (parable) transferred to myself and to Apollos (God's witness of two) for your sakes; that ye might "learn" in us not to think of men (dead in there trespass and sin) above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who (not the Pope the creator of patron saints disembodied workers with familiar spirits) maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, (the power of Christ's faith) why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

The question is what did you learn about the apostles from studying the verse above .? Should we puff them up and venerate them or would that prove blasphemy. . attributing the work of our unseen Holy Father to dying mankind apostles "sent ones" ?.

Which teachings master will you trust today ?Sola scriptura the divine or sola a law of fathers (legion) oral traditions .I heard it through the fathers grape vine (CCC.)

Back