Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study OT salvation

B

Bob10

You will never here pulpit preachers quoting these words from Paul:

The OT is able to make us wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus (2 Tim 3: 14-15).

What about that ham sandwich ?

Jesus’ disciples were being criticized for eating without first washing their hands (Mark 7:5). Jesus condemned the Pharisees for their arbitrary administration of the law. Drawing a sharp distinction between the tradition of the elders on the one hand, and the commandment of God on the other, Jesus accused them of invalidating the word of God by their tradition.

Notice that Jesus firmly supports the law. Having made that point, He offers an answer to the question of eating with unwashed hands: “There is nothing without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man†(Mark 7:15).

That is a mighty comprehensive statement. Plainly, dirt on your hands that gets on your food will not defile you. But what about those foods prohibited by the law? What about a ham sandwich? Jesus said nothing will defile you. What about cockroaches and snakes? Jesus said nothing will defile you. Well, what about a dish of poisonous mushrooms or tainted shellfish? Jesus said nothing from without a man entering into him can defile him. So even though you might be dead in a few hours, at least you would not be defiled. Jesus is not saying that you will not be harmed, only that you will not be defiled.

http://www.cemnetwork.com/essay/essay.php?eid=44

Actually, if memory serves me Cockroaches are Kosher!

They are flying insects, and as such Kosher. John Baptist ate Locusts, another flying insect.

Bob, when I read this account, I put my mind back at the time and place Jesus was preaching, as well as to whom and for whom.

He is among his disciples and the crowds. Jews, steeped in the rules and traditions of their people. When Jesus spoke of eating with unwashed hands not defiling one, He didn't have to enumerate that they shouldn't eat poisonus foods. They weren't children. They would only eat kosher foods.

Bick

Back