Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Our Family

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

My wife and I, after prayer and leading by the Holy Spirit, have decided to be a host family for a 2 year old girl who will becoming to the US for surgery. As I understand it, she has a hole in her heart that needs to be repaired.

Her name is Yole and is from Haiti. While we know she will be a blessing to us - she will change our lives for a time - we have two chilren 5 and 4. They are both excited as well!

A few things to pray about:

1) Payment for the flight from Haiti for 3 passengers (they are sending two children Yole and a 14 year old boy for surgery, along with a chaperone) A friend of ours is hosting the 14 year old boy

2) Safety for their flight (we do not know when they will be leaving Haiti as of yet)

3) Communication - Haitians speak Creole - a blending of French. Help for us to learn some of the language, and the ability to communicate with Yole

4) For our family - that our children will recognize the blessing Yole will be, the gift that she is to God, and our children's ability to give up what they have to help someone else.

Because of Him, shalom

scott

Scott,

I read this the other day, and have been praying, but for some reason my response did not go through. I was hoping that you could list, or pm, me the name of the organization, because I have some friends in Iraq who are in need of some medical care for their two young daughters, and they have only hit dead ends so far.

The Lord bless you.

Scott
What a wonderful blessing and know that Indeed I will along with others That I will forward this request be praying for you and your family.....May the Lord Jesus Christ get all the praise and Glory.....and the Lord bless you......

Here is an update.

Yole (2 yrs old) and Nelson (14 years old) should be arriving in the states sometime Wed. or Thursday. Still not completely sure which day. Both operations are extrememly important, Nelson is given just a few months to live if he does not receive it soon. Yole's Doctor has made it clear that it has to happen soon. (A friend of ours is hosting Nelson - they are the ones that got us involved).

For information about the agency please visit:

http://www.angelmissionshaiti.org/

Their Blog: http://angelmissionshaiti.blogspot.com/

Haiti, the country, needs our prayers - it is the 2nd poorest nation in the WORLD. It is riddled with crime, corruption, gangs, violence, poverty, etc.

aLoneVoice,

My prayers are for complete healing. By His stripes we are healed.

Father,

I ask for the salvation of these children, if they have not yet committed their lives to you. I pray for complete, total, supernatural healing in such a way that they will be a testimony for you. Grant them understanding and wisdom in the name of Jesus.

And I ask that you raise up these young ones to evangelize the nation of Haiti. I pray that they carry the gospel back with them, and may it spread like wildfire, undo the witchcraft that is so prominent in the islands, in such a way that all Haitians renounce the voodoo and other forms of satanic activity, and begin to serve the Almighty God.
I make this request for Yole and Nelson, in the name of Jesus Christ. I give you all the praise, and glory.

Amen

Scott,

Thanks for the update and the organization's site. I know that God will bless your family and your friends through this, and like Gabby I pray for a full healing for both children. The Lord bless you.

ANOTHER UPDATE

Yole was SUPPOSED to be on a flight tonight to arrive in DC around 11:30ish. However, that is NOT HAPPENING.

Without getting into to much details, some of which are sketchy (you can PM if you really want to know) - one of the agencies in Haiti is playing a powertrip. Remember, there is MUCH MUCH corruption in Haiti - sadly, even in "christian" organizations. So, the bad news is that Yole and Nelson will not be arriving for 2 weeks. Please pray for their health - if not a complete healing, for sustainability. Nelson was given 2 months to live if he did not get the surgery - however, we do not know when the "countdown" began.

Now here is the GOOD NEWS, and needs to be praised about!

Even IF Yole were to come tonight, her appointment probably wouldn't have been for 2 weeks. Now, when she comes her appointment will be the next day or so.

Myself and a member of the other host family are not feeling the best - while not terribly sick - ANY chance of illness is not good for Yole or Nelson.

While we can see God's hand in this and knowing that He is in control and that He will use all things for His glory and good purpose, there is still frustration that this organization is willing to potentially put the lives of these children at risk for their pettiness - with that comes frustration.

prayers

I'm asking God to move mountains in this situation for the good of these 2 little ones!! With God NOTHING is Impossible!! Amen!!

Rosalee Decker

This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & Be glad in it! :angel:

MAJOR UPDATE AND PRAYER NEEDED

Christy, Nelson and another boy Angelo (I believe, or something simliar - thankfuly God knows!) are on there way from Miami!

On their flight, Angelo stopped breathing. The plane landed in South Carolina, and was med-vacced to the nearest hospital. Angelo is supposed to receive surgery, for a brain tumor, in Cinncinati! Last update we have is that he is breathing again. Praise God.

Couple of prayer points:

1) Pray for the people involved (so many to list) - wisdom, energy, etc etc

2) Pray that a hospital in South Carolonia would, could donate the surgery needed.

3) Pray for Angelo's family - who has no idea what is going on, but on hope sent their son to receive life=saving surgery.

Thanks.

UPDATE

Christy is 'home' to our house. It is 4 in the morning here! She has connected with my wife - pray that she will bond with the rest of the family and begin to feel comfortable. This week starts a barrage of tests, prodding, and pokes. Not fun for anyone let a lone a 2 year old.

From what we know - Angelo will be getting his surgery in South Carolina!

Thanks for the prayers... mytime on here will be very limited for the next 2 months.

Praise God!!

That's wonderful News to hear!! Blessings & prayers for all of you that all goes well during surgeries, etc

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Thank You to those of you have been praying and thinking about our family.

Christy as been warming up to us and bonding with my wife and myself well - Praise God.

Her surgery is Friday morning. She is going in for open heart surgery - however, as routine as this is under the circumstances, it is still open heart surgery. It is to repair a hole in her heart.

Pray for her, the doctors, and for her father. Who I can only imagine is going through so much! Pray God peace on him.

Thanks

FINAL UPDATE and PRAYER REQUEST

My wife will be flying at 1am on Thursday to chaperone Christy and Nelson to Maimi airport where the two children will meet another chaperone to be taken home to Haiti.

Words cannot express the experience that we have had with hosting Christy - except to say that I am sure we will be doing it again.

I ask for prayer for safety for my wife's flight to Maimi and Christy and Nelson's flight to Haiti.

Please pray for Haiti. Pray for the plans that God has for Christy and Nelson - that they will come to know Jesus Christ.

In the next weeks to month, I will share about a medical missions trip I hope to take to Haiti.

I won't be on the forum for a few days - as my family and I will be going camping.

See you in a few days.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back