Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Our God is a loving and forgiving God

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
There is nothing so bad that we do that God will not forgive when we humble our heart before Him and ask for forgiveness. The Prophets and Apostles are good examples of this. There is always hope in Christ Jesus.

Genesis 9:20-21 Noah became drunk on the wine he made from the vineyard and exposed his nakedness

Genesis 12:10-20 Abraham lied about Sarah being his wife as he traded her for his own life as He was weak in the flesh even after the promises God gave him

Genesis 26:1-10 Isaac repeated the same sin of Abraham as he lied about Rebekah as he was also weak in the flesh as he feared for his own life even after the promises God gave him.

Numbers 20:1-12 Moses sinned against God in a moment of anger and a lapse of judgement that led him to not be able to bring the congregation into the land which God gave to all of them.

1 Kings 16:31; 21:25-26 Elijah became depressed and suicidal in a moment of human weakness when dealing with King Ahab and Jezebel as they did everything in their power to come threaten Elijah.

Genesis 25:19-34; 27:1-41 Jacob tricked his brother into giving him the birthright

1 Kings 11 Solomon turned away from God knowing God's commands, but ending up disobeying them

2 Samuel chapters 11, 12, 24 David called for a census, commits adultery with Bathsheba and has her husband killed.

Romans 7:13-25 Paul's struggle with sin in the flesh after his conversation.

Paul opposes Peter in Galatians 2:11-14 for not walking uprightly according to the truth of the Gospel.

Their sins were forgiven as they were still considered righteous and faithful after repenting of their sin of disobedience as all of us are who are in the Lord.

There is nothing so bad that we do that God will not forgive when we humble our heart before Him and ask for forgiveness. The Prophets and Apostles are good examples of this. There is always hope in Christ Jesus.

Genesis 9:20-21 Noah became drunk on the wine he made from the vineyard and exposed his nakedness

Genesis 12:10-20 Abraham lied about Sarah being his wife as he traded her for his own life as He was weak in the flesh even after the promises God gave him

Genesis 26:1-10 Isaac repeated the same sin of Abraham as he lied about Rebekah as he was also weak in the flesh as he feared for his own life even after the promises God gave him.

Numbers 20:1-12 Moses sinned against God in a moment of anger and a lapse of judgement that led him to not be able to bring the congregation into the land which God gave to all of them.

1 Kings 16:31; 21:25-26 Elijah became depressed and suicidal in a moment of human weakness when dealing with King Ahab and Jezebel as they did everything in their power to come threaten Elijah.

Genesis 25:19-34; 27:1-41 Jacob tricked his brother into giving him the birthright

1 Kings 11 Solomon turned away from God knowing God's commands, but ending up disobeying them

2 Samuel chapters 11, 12, 24 David called for a census, commits adultery with Bathsheba and has her husband killed.

Romans 7:13-25 Paul's struggle with sin in the flesh after his conversation.

Paul opposes Peter in Galatians 2:11-14 for not walking uprightly according to the truth of the Gospel.

Their sins were forgiven as they were still considered righteous and faithful after repenting of their sin of disobedience as all of us are who are in the Lord.
Hello for_his_glory, How are you all? Then, Do we as Christians really admit to our sin? I know we have tried to see where we have fallen short.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Hello for_his_glory, How are you all? Then, Do we as Christians really admit to our sin? I know we have tried to see where we have fallen short.

Love, Walter And Debbie
We are doing well, thanks for asking and hope all is well with you.

I really do not think we admit to all our sins as we become blinded at times, but when it comes to unknown sin, or willful sin then we can see the difference. It's always best to pray and ask God to forgive our unknown and known sin and maybe show us what the unknown sin was.

We are doing well, thanks for asking and hope all is well with you.

I really do not think we admit to all our sins as we become blinded at times, but when it comes to unknown sin, or willful sin then we can see the difference. It's always best to pray and ask God to forgive our unknown and known sin and maybe show us what the unknown sin was.
Yet with me, from what I do understand about 2 issues I've been in prayer with the Trinity Doctrine, and The True Church.

Love, Walter

Is the Holy Spirit a Person?

No, the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God being a part of the Godhead.

Scriptures that reference the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20

No, the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God being a part of the Godhead.

Scriptures that reference the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20
Yes, I understand, but what do you mean? The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead, or the Trinity. He is the One who guides us into a closer walk with Christ. The Holy Spirit is fully God, more than an influence or a force. He has the personhood and mind of God, and performs a special duty to help us connect with God the Father. The Spirit also guides us in our lives.

Yes, I understand, but what do you mean? The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead, or the Trinity. He is the One who guides us into a closer walk with Christ. The Holy Spirit is fully God, more than an influence or a force. He has the personhood and mind of God, and performs a special duty to help us connect with God the Father. The Spirit also guides us in our lives.
I agree with you. Let me clarify. What I was saying is the Holy Spirit did not come in the form of a man like Jesus who had to relate to humanity came in the flesh being the word of God.

I agree with you. Let me clarify. What I was saying is the Holy Spirit did not come in the form of a man like Jesus who had to relate to humanity came in the flesh being the word of God.
Thank you, my Sister, I was just looking over some posts on the title: What Is The Godhead? I find it interesting to heed.

Thank you, my Sister, I was just looking over some posts on the title: What Is The Godhead? I find it interesting to heed.

Elohim is a plural noun, which is first and primarily used in Scripture to describe the one true God Family, which includes God the Father and our Creator-Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Wherever we find "God" throughout the Old Testament, it is most likely Elohim.

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. - John 1:18 Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. - 1 Corinthians 8:6

Elohim is a plural noun, which is first and primarily used in Scripture to describe the one true God Family, which includes God the Father and our Creator-Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Wherever we find "God" throughout the Old Testament, it is most likely Elohim.

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. - John 1:18 Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. - 1 Corinthians 8:6
Hi for_his_glory, About the other issue: The True Church

Love, Walter

Godhead means divine nature, deity and divinity. It's that perfect unity between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all being the nature of God that binds these three into the oneness of the divine Godhead

In a sense it's like three that are one as in different functions, reason purpose of God for His love of mankind.

It's like 3-one oil as it takes care of various needs.

In a sense it's like three that are one as in different functions, reason purpose of God for His love of mankind.

It's like 3-one oil as it takes care of various needs.
Godhead means divine nature, deity and divinity. It's that perfect unity between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all being the nature of God that binds these three into the oneness of the divine Godhead
Hi for_his_glory, While viewing The Trinity thread today 8-29-23, These scriptures came to my mind John 14:22-31 especially vs. 26, and John 15:26-27.

If we did not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, being the very Spirit of God, then none of us could ever receive Spiritual understandings, but only that of a carnal knowledge that can be very deceiving.

John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Back