Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Out of the mouths of babes

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A

Amity

This is cute.....

A four year old was at the pediatrician for a check up. As the doctor looked down her ears with an otoscope, he asked, "Do you think I'll find Big Bird in here?"
The little girl stayed silent.
Next, the doctor took a tongue depressor and looked down her throat.
He asked, "Do you think I'll find the Cookie Monster down t! here?"
Again, the little girl was silent.
Then the doctor put a stethoscope to her chest. As he listened to her heart beat, he asked, "Do you think I'll hear Barney in there?"
"Oh, no!" the little girl replied.
"Jesus is in my heart. Barney's on my underwear."

That is cute.

When my oldest son was four years old, he couldn't pronounce the "TH" sound. He came up to me one day and told me that he was "Firsty" instead of "Thirsty".
I started to assist him to overcome his inability to sound out the "TH" sound so that he could pronounce "Thirsty" instead of "Firsty". I said, "Say, Th, Th, Thirsty". He replied, Th, Th, Firsty. I said no, say, Th, Th, Thirsty. He replied once again, Th, Th, Firsty. After several more attempts, he said to me, "I know, how about, Duh, Duh, Drink".
The lesson was then over and I smiled as I got him the drink that he was so firsty for. :biggrin

The same son that had trouble sounding out the "Th" sound made another comment that was very funny and lightened up an ugly situation. When Zach was four years old we lived in a trailer house just after moving to Kansas. My wife and I had an argument over money (what else) and it turns out that once again the bills were more than the income for the month. I was so mad that I headed into the bedroom so that my anger would not go any further, and I told my wife that I would speak to her about it in the morning. As I went to the bedroom I hit the bedroom door to open it with such force that my hand went through the cheap flimsy trailer house door. Well, the door was ruined, I would have to buy another one, I found out just prior that the money was gone, and I was very angry. I took all of my frustration out on that poor door. All that was left when I was finished was the frame swinging on hinges with the door knob still intact.

The next morning I went to work. When I came home that evening from work, my wife had the mess cleaned up, what was left of the door was off of the hinges and my wife said that she had something to tell me.

She said that Zach had seen the door totally obliterated and he wanted to know what happened. After my wife told him that I had been mad and tore it up, Zach said, "I hope daddy doesn't get mad at my bedroom door."

Back