Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Peter The Apostle Speaks of Fire !!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is like reading the old testament prophecy from Nahum, and Joel that speak of the Earth being destroyed by fire to Nu- clear everything away to burn the evil ones in the earth,
for God will by no means clear the guilty. Judgment day is a reality!

They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago, and an earth formed out of water and by means of water,
2Pe 3:6 through which the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.
2Pe 3:7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist have been stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8 But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.

The harsh truth is hard to accept that the earth will be burned with fire, nuclear bombs
war, THE GREAT TRIBULATION, all bible prophecies.
Many picture God as a kindly old grandpa who is going to pat you on the head and say good job, well done my boy.
Here Peter quotes directly from the old testament showing he read it and studied it and believed it and followed it.

The old testament is full of future events!

I'm pretty sure that the Romans would have nuked Jerusalem in 70AD if they could've. Yet they didn't need to, as the temple itself was destroyed by fire. Almost like a flaming temple mount consumed by the stormy sea of the gentiles, never to be seen again.:shocked!

The old testament is full of fulfilled events!

This is like reading the old testament prophecy from Nahum, and Joel that speak of the Earth being destroyed by fire to Nu- clear everything away to burn the evil ones in the earth,
for God will by no means clear the guilty. Judgment day is a reality!

They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago, and an earth formed out of water and by means of water,
2Pe 3:6 through which the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.
2Pe 3:7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist have been stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8 But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.

The harsh truth is hard to accept that the earth will be burned with fire, nuclear bombs
war, THE GREAT TRIBULATION, all bible prophecies.
Many picture God as a kindly old grandpa who is going to pat you on the head and say good job, well done my boy.
Here Peter quotes directly from the old testament showing he read it and studied it and believed it and followed it.

The old testament is full of future events!

He was describing the real and only second coming. Look up all of the second coming scriptures and they all fit together quite nicely without inventing another two comings as some do today.

I'm pretty sure that the Romans would have nuked Jerusalem in 70AD if they could've. Yet they didn't need to, as the temple itself was destroyed by fire. Almost like a flaming temple mount consumed by the stormy sea of the gentiles, never to be seen again.:shocked!

The old testament is full of fulfilled events!
Yup. The weak and beggardly 'elements' of apostate temple worship were burned in reflection , I believe ,of L 21;9.

Yup. The weak and beggardly 'elements' of apostate temple worship were burned in reflection , I believe ,of L 21;9.

Excellent reference! Yet I don't think it was the 'weak and beggardly' elements that warranted judgment by fire so much as the 'whorrific' elements of apostate temple worship at that time.

Excellent reference! Yet I don't think it was the 'weak and beggardly' elements that warranted judgment by fire so much as the 'whorrific' elements of apostate temple worship at that time.

John 19:15
But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

Leviticus 21:9
And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

No wonder he wept over the city.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back