Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Petition for the Catholic/Orthodox forum again

Do we need a Catholic/Orthodox Forum

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

aj830

I would just like to ask if we could have the Catholic/Orthodox discussion forum again? I don't know the reason for taking it down but we kind of need it now. Just thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

To the moderstors . . .

In the existing format can an OP have exclusion clauses? ie only for orthodox/ catholics

No, Please No. I'm all for others rights. Long as they don't take away my rights. Why did they take it down, is a good question? But, I think there should be a seperate discussion area for Atheisists and Agnostics, since theres so many of them! :bday:

ÃÂoppleganger said:
No, Please No. I'm all for others rights. Long as they don't take away my rights. Why did they take it down, is a good question? But, I think there should be a seperate discussion area for Atheisists and Agnostics, since theres so many of them! :bday:

I amended my post - did you think I wanted to ban them? The problem is the sledging, ad hominen attacks, with the existing system. I would be interested in what happened in the past also.

Did anyone notice that, just before it closed, it only had 7/8 threads?

Looking down this forum's 1st page of topics now, there are @ 15 specifically related to RC dogma

Most are humorously linked here:-

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24079

I'll try & link the others there now

I voted no because non-RC input is needed, just as I've valued Evangelical/Pentecostal/Charismatic discussion contributions by non-Evangelical/Pentecostal/Charismatics

News, a few days ago, said that Brazil, the 'largest RC country', is 'not so RC any more'

Same can be said of Peru, Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Philippines, etc

This yahoo result helps explain why

'the most spectacular Pentecostal growth'

WEB RESULTS

TOWARDS A PENTECOSTAL MISSIOLOGY

The basic dynamic behind Pentecostal growth in Latin America", he declared, "is ... the Assemblies of God in the USA and one of the most influential pentecostal ...

http://www.artsweb.bham.ac.uk/aanderson ... iology.htm - 31k - Cached - More pages from this site

When the fire of the Lord fell

The incredible growth of the Pentecostal movement is surely one of the most ... There had been many other spectacular revivals over the years, one was going on ...

http://www.vision.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ ... boddy.html - 9k - Cached - More pages from this site

Reconfiguration of Protestantism in the U.S.

The most dramatic church growth has been among the Assemblies of God and other Pentecostal groups. ... Spectacular growth occurred in Mormonism, which at ...

http://www.demo.lutherproductions.com/h ... estant.htm - 5k - Cached - More pages from this site

DAWN News reports on cell churches and house churches(1999 #46)

In the Philippines, a Pentecostal movement with some 300 churches has decided to ... The growth rate of house churches in China is spectacular by any standard; a ...

http://www.jesus.org.uk/dawn/1999/dawn9946.html - 10k - Cached - More pages from this site

Ian

I am in COMPLETE agreement that the Catholics here would CERTAINLY benefit from having their OWN forum.

I am WELL aware that they would MOST LIKELY enjoy being able to discuss Catholic issues without OTHERS 'jumping in' and attacking their 'beliefs'.

MEC

Imagican said:
I am in COMPLETE agreement that the Catholics here would CERTAINLY benefit from having their OWN forum.

I am WELL aware that they would MOST LIKELY enjoy being able to discuss Catholic issues without OTHERS 'jumping in' and attacking their 'beliefs'.

MEC

After the past month's posts, it would be nice to post without being on the defensive from some person giving half truths and misunderstandings as the official teachings of the Catholic Church.

Also, perhaps people might want to know more about Catholicism without debating it... Some people are still "looking" into coming to God, and are open to the various presentations of faiths and trying to weigh which makes more sense. This is more difficult to do in a hostile environment.

Regards

Well how about a Protestant section, or perhaps an Agnostic and Islamic section?

If we have a catholic forum, then the fundamentalists will want one, then the pentecostal will want a forum, and then we will have to start a forum for the JW, LDS, SDA, and then the nondenominational.
:-D
Kidding aside, maybe we should have both a Catholic and Protestant forum.

As a web master and owner of several domain names I vote no. The Catholics and other like minded people have every right to purchase a domain name and begin a new site where they preach their dogma, in fact they have such sights and should not be allowed to take over this one any more than the atheist should be permitted to do so.

ChristineES said:
If we have a catholic forum, then the fundamentalists will want one, then the pentecostal will want a forum, and then we will have to start a forum for the JW, LDS, SDA, and then the nondenominational.
:-D
Kidding aside, maybe we should have both a Catholic and Protestant forum.

Here is a possibliity...

At FreeRepublic, they have a "Caucus" marking at the beginning of a thread. This marks it as a thread where no debate is allowed.. This is a place where people can post without having to "apologize". People would not be allowed to post counterpoints, although they are allowed to challenge them in the apologetic section. That way, people of various faiths can post with similar-minded people without having to be on the defensive from anti-whatevers. You wouldn't need to have a section for every faith group. Once the thread is marked "Baptist Caucus", then people would know that the contents would be Baptist-minded and no attacks would be allowed.

Regards

I love how the titles "Catholic" and "Fundamentalists" have been used like dirty words in this thread. Sheesh. :tongue

All joking aside though I think it's a fine idea, but not in the spirit of "getting those Catholics out of here" as if they were some disease or something. Be more courteous than that. However seeing every other thread being a debate about Catholicism is probably as annoying to the Protestant as it is to the Catholic. I actually think a more inclusive section (and which would consider ChristineES' good point that everyone might then want their own section for their denomination) would be to have a "Historical Christianity" section which can be a "catch all" for orthodox, traditional European Luthernism, Catholicism, etc. This also might give me a chance to post a topic I'm wanting to make on the Templars (formerly the Poor Knights of Christ) which I, at present, see no proper section to put it in. They would fall under the "historical Christianity" category, as would Jesuits, etc.

Just a suggestion.

God Bless,

~Josh

cybershark5886 said:
I love how the titles "Catholic" and "Fundamentalists" have been used like dirty words in this thread. Sheesh. :tongue

People like labels. I've heard "fundementalists" abbreviated as "Fundy". Sounds like something served with a McDonald's happy meal.
Anyway, labels serve to pigeon-hole people in tight little boxes that can't have any semblance of any other views. You're either this or that. Nothing in between so case closed.

The Catholic forum created nothing but conflict on the board. Pure and simple. Seems the RCC can't be discussed without some sort of confrontation cropping up. So it was deleted in an attempt to preserve the peace. Well, keep things to a low roar anyway.

I do agree with the following quoted post and I suppose that in itself, my agreement, won't help my image to some. Oh well. I suppose it all boils down to what people believe are the essentials and what are not.

A mod cannot create a forum, only the admins can do that. So unless ya'll can convince the admins there's really not much use banging on the Mod's bunkhouse door.

:smt102

cybershark5886 said:
I come here now to stand as a voice of reason and tolerance amidst any temptation to shun our Catholic Brethren because of doctrinal differences. We Protestants may not agree with our Catholic Brethren in many things but we should have confidence that if they believe in Christ Jesus as Lord and follow him with all their hearts that we have a common goal and that we should be as "one mind" in our pursuit of the Kingdom of God and his righteousness.

We may disagree on transsubstantiation, but we would all agree that our source and essence of eternal life is Jesus Christ by his sacrificial blood as conveyed to us by the Holy Spirit.

We may disagree about praying to/with Mary, but we would all agree that we can pray directly to Jesus and God the Father, coming boldly before the throne of grace.

We may disagree about observing Mass, but we would all agree that the Word of God says, "So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ" (Colossians 2:16-17) - and "One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord" (Romans 14:5-6).

Thus let us strive towards mutual edification and being built up as living stones for God to build his temple and bride at the revealing of Christ in the end.

"Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you." (2 Corinthians 13:11)

God Bless,

~Josh

stranger said:
To the moderstors . . .

In the existing format can an OP have exclusion clauses? ie only for orthodox/ catholics

That would depend entirely on the moderators of the particular forum. A mod for one forum cannot "moderate" another. Each forum has a list of who moderates what forum on the index page, the first page for the forum. Check that to see who to contact about your question. I might also add that the mods for that particular forum would have to unanimously agree to allow "exclusive clauses". I don't see how that can work any other way.

I do agree with the following quoted post and I suppose that in itself, my agreement, won't help my image to some. Oh well. I suppose it all boils down to what people believe are the essentials and what are not.

A mod cannot create a forum, only the admins can do that. So unless ya'll can convince the admins there's really not much use banging on the Mod's bunkhouse door.
I am in 100% agreement with Rick and Josh. But... you need to bring this petition to the attentions of the senior Administrators; I am just an "honorary" Admin. 8-)

The Catholic forum created nothing but conflict on the board. Pure and simple. Seems the RCC can't be discussed without some sort of confrontation cropping up. So it was deleted in an attempt to preserve the peace. Well, keep things to a low roar anyway.
I was the one who instituted the first RCC and Orthodox Forum... it went over like a lead balloon. :oops:

vic C. said:
I was the one who instituted the first RCC and Orthodox Forum... it went over like a lead balloon. :oops:

And I agreed to and supported the idea. Many of us did.
:tongue

Having a Roman Catholic section on this forum would be like allowing a gospel of another beside the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the teachings of the TRUE Body of Christ.

Those Roman Catholics who are not seeking the truth of God's Word, but are instead teaching Roman Catholicism can all go to a Roman Catholic forum.

The goal of the Roman Catholic church is to bring all into the confines of its teachings through the ecumenical movement. How else is the one world religion going to occur when the beast comes upon us?

Click Here for a Roman Catholic Forum

Having a Roman Catholic section on this forum would be like allowing a gospel of another beside the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the teachings of the TRUE Body of Christ.

Those Roman Catholics who are not seeking the truth of God's Word, but are instead teaching Roman Catholicism can all go to a Roman Catholic forum.

The goal of the Roman Catholic church is to bring all into the confines of its teachings through the ecumenical movement. How else is the one world religion going to occur when the beast comes upon us?

Solo, you do nothing but attack the Catholic Church. You refuse to even acknowledge us as Christians. We are not teaching Roman Catholicism but merely trying to correct misconceptions that many have. I am not trying to convert anyone here but merely at least tryin to make you see Catholics as Christians as we see you as a Christian.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back