Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pirates of the Caribbean III: At Worlds End

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

Avast ye landlubbers!

While you be a-blowing in the wind, duck into da flix 4 this..

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is a 2007 adventure film, the third in the Pirates of the Caribbean films following The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) and Dead Man's Chest (2006).

At World's End is helmed by Gore Verbinski, director of the previous films, and the cast includes returnees Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy, Geoffrey Rush, Jack Davenport, Tom Hollander and Naomie Harris.

Chow Yun-Fat makes his first appearance in the franchise as Captain Sao Feng, one of the film's antagonists, as does Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's father.

Disney opted to move the global release date a day early to May 24, 2007...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of ... Worlds_End

Any see Category 7: End Of The World on Sky 3 on Fri eve?

Plot summary for Category 7: The End of the World (2005) (TV)

All across the globe, an unprecedented Category 6 storm descends with greater force than could have ever been imagined.

The Eiffel Tower is shredded by violent winds - the Great Pyramids reduced to piles of rubble as twisting, black funnels snake across the desert.

For years scientists have been expounding theories - and warnings - of global warming trends. Now these warnings are coming true with a frightening ferocity.

But though it may have created regions of volatile and extreme weather, global warming isn't what triggered the terrible tempest.

The cause is unknown.

As various regions of the Earth succumb to the increasingly powerful super storm, beautiful but discredited scientist Faith Clavell teams up with storm chaser Tommy Tornado and head of FEMA Judith Carr to determine the trigger and eliminate it - and that means infiltrating the storm itself.

Compounding the chaos, a terrorist organization is threatening to make the situation worse. Now, it's not only man against nature, but man against man as the newly-intensified Category 7 approaches - and possibly, the end of the world. Written by Echo Bridge Home Entertainment

=====================================================================

May whet your appetite to discern truth from fiction here:

http://www.christianforums.net/viewforum.php?f=17

Its best threads are linked from this lyric:-

BEFORE OUR EYES..

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=18604

Ian

all my friends are going this this weekend but I can't due to horse shows. I will come back after I see it. I watched the Tv Guide special on it! It looks so awesome. I think this is it. 3 is it.

sparksfly said:
all my friends are going this this weekend but I can't due to horse shows. I will come back after I see it. I watched the Tv Guide special on it! It looks so awesome. I think this is it. 3 is it.

I wasn't planning to see it, but believe it or not, just as I was using the ace acoustics @ Wavertree Precinct to promo these fine forums, hail began as I neared the big multi-screen cinema there, & the film was due to start in 10 minutes: exciting stuff with great FX!

Must yahoo a Christian view of it..

Ian

1 - 10 of about 676,000 for Christian reviews Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

WEB RESULTS

Reviews: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End | Christianity Today Movies

Today's Christian. Home > Movies > Reviews. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End ... Caribbean: At World's End, the conclusion of Disney's pirate ...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies ... bean3.html - 117k - Cached - More pages from this site

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END (PG-13 [R-13]): CAP Movie Ministry Entertainment Media Analysis Report ...

... While Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is equivalent in content to G or ... The lucrative and violent life of the pirate is magnified by the larger-than ...

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/pira ... bbean3.htm - 41k - Cached - More pages from this site

LifeWay: Biblical Solutions for Life - Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'

Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End' Written by ... In our reviews of the first two movies, we noted how "cool" they made pirates seem. ...

http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main ... 00796,00... - 29k - Cached - More pages from this site

Reviews: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Christianity Today Movies

... Christian. Home > Movies > Reviews. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead ... they'll be clamoring for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End come May 2007. ...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies ... bean2.html - 120k - Cached - More pages from this site

================================================================================

Just time to say I haven't seen the 1st 2 films, but sure got the impression that in today's culture, folk will hapily believe in an afterlife of sailing the high seas in some fanciful version of 'Davy Jones's Locker'

We need to declare Hebrews 9:27

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment...

& Matthew 13

The Parable of the Weeds Explained

36Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field."

37He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one,
39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

& Revelation 20, etc

Satan's Doom

10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Dead Are Judged

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.
12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.

14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Ian

MrVersatile48 said:
1 - 10 of about 676,000 for Christian reviews Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

WEB RESULTS

Reviews: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End | Christianity Today Movies

Today's Christian. Home > Movies > Reviews. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End ... Caribbean: At World's End, the conclusion of Disney's pirate ...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies ... bean3.html - 117k - Cached - More pages from this site

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END (PG-13 [R-13]): CAP Movie Ministry Entertainment Media Analysis Report ...

... While Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is equivalent in content to G or ... The lucrative and violent life of the pirate is magnified by the larger-than ...

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/pira ... bbean3.htm - 41k - Cached - More pages from this site

LifeWay: Biblical Solutions for Life - Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'

Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End' Written by ... In our reviews of the first two movies, we noted how "cool" they made pirates seem. ...

http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main ... 00796,00... - 29k - Cached - More pages from this site

Reviews: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Christianity Today Movies

... Christian. Home > Movies > Reviews. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead ... they'll be clamoring for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End come May 2007. ...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies ... bean2.html - 120k - Cached - More pages from this site

====================================================================================

Just time to say I haven't seen the 1st 2 films, but sure got the impression that in today's culture, folk will hapily believe in an afterlife of sailing the high seas in some fanciful version of 'Davy Jones's Locker'

We need to declare Hebrews 9:27

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment...

& Matthew 13

The Parable of the Weeds Explained

36Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field."

37He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one,
39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

& Revelation 20, etc

Satan's Doom

10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Dead Are Judged

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.
12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.

14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

=============================================================================

Thank God for the wonderful way of salvation that He planned before the world began

Have YOU, reader, asked Jesus to forgive all the wrong things you've ever thought, said & done?

Have you invited Him to live in your heart as Saviour & Lord, as in John 3, Romans 3, Galatians 2:15-16 & Ephesians 2:8-9 etc

Galatians 2:15-16 (New International Version)

15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (New International Version)

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faithâ€â€and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Must go - pass it on to all who need to know

"You will know the truth & the truth will set you free"

"I am the way, the truth & the life: no-one comes to the Father except thru Me" - John 14:6

Acts 4:12

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Ian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back