Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Pizza!!!

What is you favorite kind of Pizza?

• Thin Crust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuffed Crust

• I only buy it from the local Pizzaria

• Other

• The Pope...(see root beer poll/thread.)

• ...he's at it again...

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Cracker thin crust with Alfredo sauce and loads of veggies and cheese! I had pizza for dindin last night in fact.

Blazin Bones said:
I figured it's been a while since I've posted one of my food polls, so here comes the latest addition...

Pizza!!!
Love pizza.
Just wish I were more tolerant to all that sodium :sad
My blood pressure goes up when the word 'pizza' enters my brain :lol

handy said:
:crazy ACKK!!! Y'all pay $19.00 for a large pizza in the Village!?!

Wow, I thought that our local pizzeria was getting spendy when they upped their price for a large 2-topping to $14.50. And, the local guys make really good pizza. I might be a simple little middle-aged housewife from Idaho, but I KNOW pizza, and our Jim and Margie make really good, tossed crust pizza.

At any rate, Vic, I was going to say that if the hubby and I ever make it out to your neck of the woods, we'd let you take us out to Famous Ray's, but gee, we wouldn't want you to have to take out a second mortgage on your house or anything. :lol
The best pizza in the US is in NYC. It's the water... seriously. The same applies for their bagels.

$19.00 isn't bad for what you get. :yes A large pie will feed four people. So, that's less than $2.40 per slice. :biggrin

JoJo said:
Hehe Vic, you know you've had New York pizza when you call it pie. :biggrin
Oh then good thing I didn't call it tomato pie! :toofunny

caromurp said:
The water?? What's up with it? Hard water, soft water??
Yes Caroline... the water. Water quality is important to any baked good and pizza is a baked good. Good quality water with no trace of taste or smell and the proper gH and pH always will yield the best dough. :yes Of course a good yeast and the proper amount of water is important too, as is climate and altitude.

If cooking is an art, then baking is a science. :biggrin

NY has very good water. http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0386.html
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/25 ... tapwater25

... and now you can take it wherever you go! :lol

[youtube:3evj0qyq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaLBkmnLfXY&feature=player_embedded#[/youtube:3evj0qyq]

I love all pizzas,but the best is stuffed crust...without question..

Now I'm hungry. *drool*

And because I can...

dominos-cheeseburger-pizza.jpg

As for Stuffed Crust Pizza, OK, it's not my favorite because the crust is too thin except for the Stuffed part.

However, I love taking the Stuffed Crust, just the crust part and dipping it in marinara sauce. I've toyed with the idea of making bread sticks stuffed with mozzarella cheese to dip in marinara sauce. I'm needing some munchies for the Fiesta Bowl, perhaps the time has come for me to work up a recipe for it. The only recipe I've seen calls for Pillsbury biscuits, but I don't really like the idea of that. Pizza crust just shouldn't have that Pillsbury taste.

Vic C. said:
That's "Ray's" in Times Square. ^ The one in the Village is tops. :biggrin

WHAT? :o A franchise that has different tasting pizza at each store? :crazy

One of the best Pizza's around here is Geppetto's and at each of the restaraunts the pizzas are the same. I suppose they stick to the recipe strictly. :shrug But the pizza is excellent no matter which place. :biggrin

I have a confession to make..... :oops

I even like Taco bell's pizza. :silly yum yum eat em up! :lol

caromurp said:
Relic said:
I even like Taco bell's pizza. :silly yum yum eat em up! :lol

Isn't that Pizza Hut's personal pan pizza?? I love that too :biggrin :thumb

Don't you have Taco Bell where you live? :lol It's a taco pizza (technically, it's not pizza at all, but nothing but like a open faced tortilla with beans ground meat black olives cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and taco sauce. ) Totally Mexican. That's why I made the confession.... (it's not really pizza as far as any good blooded Italian is concerned. :lol ) But Pizza pan is good too. Depends on who's cooking. They have a bunch of kids baking those and sometimes it's not so good around here, so I don't go there that much.

I like the authentic Italian pizzarias, Italian owned and Italian chefs, and I like my pizza pie made by very old Italian f..ts. I grew up with Italians all around me. Even got some in the family. I'm spoiled! :biggrin

My personal favorite is Hawaiian. Love my canadian bacon with pineapple. Another awesome combo is sausage, green chili, and mushroom....close with that is garlic chicken pizza.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.....I love Italian food, espeically pizza. This thread is making me really hungry! :biggrin

Nick_29 said:
Mmmmmmmmmmm.....I love Italian food, espeically pizza. This thread is making me really hungry! :biggrin

Me too! Waiting on sloppy joes to finish right now...oh but that is not pizza. Shame on me....venturing off topic.

LostLamb said:
My personal favorite is Hawaiian. Love my canadian bacon with pineapple. Another awesome combo is sausage, green chili, and mushroom....close with that is garlic chicken pizza.
Yeah, my favourite "flavour" of pizza has been Hawaiian for years, but now I'm gettimg more into egg pizza.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back