Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Planting a seed

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So recently my mom told me that my cousin, tyler, is going through a rough patch in his life. One of the things she mentioned was that Tyler wants to turn his life around but doesn't know how. Of course, we all know what...or who that answer is...JESUS! So I sent my aunt an email with some scripture verses and resources like a daily devotional to read (the one from new creation church that got me saved!) And music to listen to (klove). Please pray that the seed gets planted and grows in fertile soil because Tyler is at risk. He is most certainly broken and I hope that he will accept Jesus' healing.

Prayers for your cousin Tyler, that he hears & listens as our Lord speaks with him, and that he will open his heart to the abundant love our Lord has for him.

Prayers also for your aunt, your mom...and for you!

JP? Judas Priest? Jurassic Park?

Jason Priestley

images

Praying for your cousin Tyler. Those rough patches seems to be the catalyst that brings us to call on God for help. I pray he will respond and believe on the Lord Jesus. It actually seems harder for us to observe a loved one under conviction, and we would take that from them if possible, but I'm so glad to hear of you making your stand known by sending scripture. May God's will be done in Jesus' name.

I got an email back from my Aunt Mary and it was really positive- she was happy to read and pass along the information I sent to her. I was a little bit worried at first though because my relatives can be 'funny' sometimes. I have some relatives who will roll their eyes when you share an uplifting gospel verse and there are some who have faith, but keep it private. But my aunt actually said "I want you to know this means the world to me!!" How awesome is that?
I guess this can also be encouragement for those who are timid in sharing the Gospel, because you never know how well it will be received- so go for it! :sohappy

I got an email back from my Aunt Mary and it was really positive- she was happy to read and pass along the information I sent to her. I was a little bit worried at first though because my relatives can be 'funny' sometimes. I have some relatives who will roll their eyes when you share an uplifting gospel verse and there are some who have faith, but keep it private. But my aunt actually said "I want you to know this means the world to me!!" How awesome is that?
I guess this can also be encouragement for those who are timid in sharing the Gospel, because you never know how well it will be received- so go for it! :sohappy
That is wonderful news. Prayerfully it will affect Tyler also, but it's certain that your Aunt Mary needed to hear that encouragement from you. In our witness I always think of the following scripture when we're uncertain of our testimony. I praise the LORD with you. :)

1Co 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

That's most likely because the brothers and sisters are praying for them. :)

Glad to hear it sister. I'll send up some prayers also for them and you. :pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back