Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] please help!! i'm trying to get through

Thank you for your prayers. My anxiety is much better but I need to say something. Sometimes I'm feeling sick because of my anxiety and I keep feeling like something can happen to me. I don't want to speak of what I think of but I keep worrying that the things other people have gone through can happen to me. I feel like if I do something wrong, which I'm trying not to, God will punish me by doing the things I keep fearing. I keep thinking something bad can happen. And i cringe at the thought of the things from the past that keep bothering me. It's the cause of my anxiety. Plus hearing of all this sin in the media (gay marriage, sin in television) hurts me. Please help me. I'm trying to feel better but I keep getting worried and i'm struggling, I'm only in high school and don't want to be like this. I don't know what to do. Could you guys show me some scriptures and just pray that I get better? I'm keep I faith in Christ, but there are moments when I don't feel safe and I don't want to feel that.

Being aware of what's going on around us is always a good idea, Eboni Gray . In that way, you are aware of the forces that try to gain dominion over you. However, you are given the power, through our Lord Jesus Christ, to overcome any source that tries to cause you anxiety.

Psalms offers much comfort during those moments when it feels like I've just put a foot on an icy surface. A good starting point for you at this time would be Psalms 68. It's rather long, yet the words are powerful, effective in the message. Our Lord is always with you; He won't abandon you. In prayer, turn everything over to Him, every thought, concern or hope. He truly does listen to our prayers, and He absolutely loves us each.

You're in my prayers, my friend.

Thank you for your prayers. My anxiety is much better but I need to say something. Sometimes I'm feeling sick because of my anxiety and I keep feeling like something can happen to me. I don't want to speak of what I think of but I keep worrying that the things other people have gone through can happen to me. I feel like if I do something wrong, which I'm trying not to, God will punish me by doing the things I keep fearing. I keep thinking something bad can happen. Please help me. I'm trying to feel better but I keep getting worried and i'm struggling, I'm only in high school and don't want to be like this. I don't know what to do. Could you guys show me some scriptures and just pray that I get better? I'm keep I faith in Christ, but there are moments when I don't feel safe and I don't want to feel that.

I'll try. "feeling" sick, "feeling" like something can happen, "worrying" that the things that happen to others can happen to me, "feel" like if I do something wrong..., I keep "fearing", "thinking" something bad, trying to "feel" better, "worried", don't "feel" safe...

Do you see your post? You said all these things. I understand how you feel. I want you to understand that no matter what you feel, it absolutely does not change the Word of God, ok? You're a Christian and believe in God and have faith in Him. Good. He wants to help you. Since you are a Christian and seeking God, you will be spiritually attacked. That is what this is, a spiritual attack from outside of you from the enemy. This is the time for you to trust God, and to stand on His Word.

Deuteronomy 31:6
6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee./

1 Corinthians 10:13
13 There hath no temptation taken hold of you but such as is common to man. But God is faithful; He will not suffer you to be tempted beyond that which ye are able to bear, but with the temptation will also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it./

Isaiah 41:10
10 fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness./

Here are a few of Gods promises to you. He will not put upon you more than you can bear. He will not leave you nor forsake you. He will strengthen you and uphold you, so do not fear or be discouraged by these things. The devil is trying to break down your faith, make you doubt, make you feel alone and to fear. Please understand that our wonderful and mighty God will keep His promises to you no matter how you feel. You have to trust these, His Words to you. Stand firm on His Words, have faith in Him that He does not lie. He IS with you. Believe it. Trust Him. God does not change, nor does He lie. Pray for strength. God loves it when you quote His Words to Him in prayer. Quote these scriptures to God in prayer and ask Him to strengthen you and uphold you. He will do this.

I will pray for you. God bless you.

We have a loving God.God knows your weaknesses.He will not punish you.Alot of times people get their earthly fathers confused with God.Especially if we did not have a healthy relationship with our earthly father.God is nothing like our earthly father.But oh boy does He love you.When we meet Him face to face we will feel a love that we have never known.Eboni,I was born with anxiety.It is my middle name.Anxiety is an unknown fear.Let your faith be bigger than your fear.I have found that consuming absolutely no caffeine helps alot.That is going to be coffee,chocolate,soda pop with caffeine in it.Caffeine is terrrible for anxiety.Pray alot for God to give you an inner peace.

1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Psalm 56:3Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.

Last edited:
Dear Sister Eboni, God loves us so much He gave Jesus for us, and He isn’t going to do anything but good for you all the days of your life. Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Isa 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Heb 13:5 . . I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Have you suffered err in your life; we all have. 2Tim 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself, and we are His body. Paul as a Christian didn’t understand the problems he found himself in Romans Chapter Seven, but he comes out victorious by Rom 8:1, There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus!

Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Blessings in Christ Jesus; you are His and He is yours.

I keep trying to it out of my head but it's difficult. I will keep praying and thank you. I guess that is my problem. Thinking and feeling the wrong thoughts.

Very true. I keep letting my fears get in the way. Thank you for the scriptures. They're very helpful and I know: Christ is a loving God.

I know he wants good for us, but it's just that i've noticed some Christians who go through illness and hurt and it's hard for me to understand why it would happen. And I'm afraid it could happen to me.

I know he wants good for us, but it's just that i've noticed some Christians who go through illness and hurt and it's hard for me to understand why it would happen. And I'm afraid it could happen to me.

James 1:2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,

1 Peter 1:6
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials

Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

Romans 5: 1-4
5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Joshua 1:9
9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

1 Peter 4:12
12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

Psalm 34:19-22
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

James 1:2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,

1 Peter 1:6
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials

Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

Romans 5: 1-4
5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Joshua 1:9
9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

1 Peter 4:12
12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

Psalm 34:19-22
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

It means a lot for you to come back and look at these forums. And it means even more that you replied. Thank you for the scriptures and I highly appreciate it. I really love Joshua 1:9. Great verse. Speaks a lot.

It means a lot for you to come back and look at these forums. And it means even more that you replied. Thank you for the scriptures and I highly appreciate it. I really love Joshua 1:9. Great verse. Speaks a lot.

You're right sister! (I thought you'd like that scripture.)

God bless you and give you strength. :pray

Back