Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for me because I fail to find friends.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

LPTSTR

Please pray for me because I feel lonely. I have no skills of making new friendships. Everyone else around me knows how to find friends but I always fail. And it makes me feel sad. When there's events such as youth nights or get acquainted party for my faculty I always walk away empty handed.

My dear friend, you are in a similar predicament as I.
My friend quantity is very low as a lot have moved on who I met in college etc.
The best, concrete advice I could possibly pass-on would be - join a club, either sporting or otherwise and see if people of your age are there and are easy to bond with.
I know it is extremely difficult, however stick-in there, there is a light at the end of that narrow path.
I confess that my friend list has acquired a new person very recently, however this was an out-of-the-blue encounter.
I will pray for you and that friends come to you at a swift rate.

In order to find a friend one must first be a friend.

I taught my son that years ago. I heard it somewhere as a quote of someone.

What it means is that most people take no initiative when trying to make friends. But If you practice some appropriate Grace giving with intention the results are usually pretty good.

IOW bring treats for Sunday school classes or other club functions. (Don't try to suck all the oxygen out of the room when doing so either). Remember people when out and about and if you come across some small affordable token you would think that they would like them get it for them.

Ask people about their favorite topic...themselves.... But don't be obvious about it.

See what happens when you apply these things...sure your skills will improve with time but remember that one true friend is something most only sometimes finds in a spouse.

Dear Brother @LPTSTR, JohnDB was evidently referring to this following verse of scripture.
Pro 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Of course it is truth but some of the finest brethren I’ve know are shy, lacking people skills as you say, and special interests groups as suggested are a great way to break the ice. Can you even fathom the amount of women looking for a Christian man, or other men wanting fellowship just as you do? I’ll surely pray for God to bring an end to your loneliness.

Dear Father, this young man needs Your hand of grace applied to his efforts to have friends; please bring this to pass, and fulfill his desire to Your glory. I ask this in Jesus’ precious name. Amen.

I was a bit of an introvert when I was very young but my dad, my stepfather, moved into my life and he generated, in me, a hunger for reading that is still unsatisfied. It is possible for an Introvert to break out of that mold. The first thing both of you need to do is to be able to, accurately, define and explain with life examples what Introverts and Extroverts are. Once you know the differences, move forward toward being, as I became, an extrovert. Even it it is a woman that looks like a Hollywood Screen Star, the worst she will do is say no. No never once killed me, before nor after I broke out of that self perpetuated prison on loneliness.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back