Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for my business

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What kind of business are you in? What are some of the challenges you face while doing business?
I am a photographer at the beginning of my career. I used to have a corporate job, but hated it. So I started my own photography business after going to photo school here where I live.

I used to be very active in the days of SLR cameras and 35mm film (and slides). I knew a lot about F-stops, neutral-density filters, etc., etc. For a time, I even developed my own B&W film, if you can believe that!

Anyway, from the stand point of being in the photography business, I would ask if you are interested in specialty photography for advertising, or people's portraits, and that kind of thing, or, photo-journalism, which is a whole different thing, as you know.

Anyway, from a business standpoint, there's all the customary business expenses, competition, and efficiency factors to take into account. And the technology is light-years ahead of everything people used back in the 'old days'. I would say that, first, you identify the market-segment you want to be focusing on, and see what the income potential is (given your scope of projected operation). Advertising is a good source of income, but it is intensely competitive. Still, if you're good, it's pretty easy to excel because so many people who work in that 'arena' don't exhibit much imagination.

Last edited:
I used to be very active in the days of SLR cameras and 35mm film (and slides). I knew a lot about F-stops, neutral-density filters, etc., etc. For a time, I even developed my own B&W film, if you can believe that!

Anyway, from the stand point of being in the photography business, I would ask if you are interested in specialty photography for advertising, or people's portraits, and that kind of thing, or, photo-journalism, which is a whole different thing, as you know.

Anyway, from a business standpoint, there's all the customary business expenses, competition, and efficiency factors to take into account. And the technology is light-years ahead of everything people used back in the 'old days'. I would say that, first, you identify the market-segment you want to be focusing on, and see what the income potential is (given your scope of projected operation). Advertising is a good source of income, but it is intensely competitive. Still, if you're good, it's pretty easy to excel because so many people who work in that 'arena' don't exhibit much imagination.
Thank you for your advice. My niche is family and pets.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back