Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please Pray For The Pope

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
R

Righteousone

I am very worried about pope Benedict's visit next month. I heard on the news today that the Muslims are blaming him for the cartoons of their 'prophet Muhammed'. Please pray for his safety.
Why is it that whenever Jesus Christ is mocked, just the other day, I saw a cartoon of Jesus with a can of beer in one hand, and a cigarette in another. Why don't we uprise? Because we are Christian? That isn't our make-up? Yet these people will constantly get away with this.
Enough is enough. Someone needs to make a stance, I am glad we have the Catholic League who does just that.

Righteousone, I moved this to our Prayer and Praise forum, because well, for one it is a prayer request, and two, there are some 'prayer warriors' here who don't often visit Apologetics.

As to the request, yes, I heard the news report about the Muslim's and Bin Laden specifically targeting the Pope. We do need to lift him in prayer, especially as he travels.

And you're quite right, one needn't be Catholic to understand the horrible impact if Muslim extremists assassinate Pope Benedict.

yep, I pray that God will protect the Pope & keep him safe & that the Lords' will be done.

Rosie Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejocie & be glad in it

Righteousone said:
I am very worried about pope Benedict's visit next month. I heard on the news today that the Muslims are blaming him for the cartoons of their 'prophet Muhammed'. Please pray for his safety.
Why is it that whenever Jesus Christ is mocked, just the other day, I saw a cartoon of Jesus with a can of beer in one hand, and a cigarette in another. Why don't we uprise? Because we are Christian? That isn't our make-up? Yet these people will constantly get away with this.
Enough is enough. Someone needs to make a stance, I am glad we have the Catholic League who does just that.

Hi Righteousone,
God is not mocked, whatever a man sows so shall he reap. God's inner peace and harmony is not able to be reached nor disturbed by such as you describe. Granted it has an affect upon us and for this reason a righteous man is said to be vexed all day long by surrounding evil - or something like that.

But Christ IS mocked, every day. They STILL make fun of him. Although he no longer feels any pain, He is highly offended by this. Look at Madonna? She hangs herself on a cross with the head of thorns. That isn't being mocked I don't know what is...The way people make fun of Christ is appaling

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back