Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Skillet

Hello everyone,

I'm just asking for some prayer because lately we (my mum, me) are having fights (not physically) and they are almost daily and it's really tiring and stressful, both for me and my mum, and I feel like I'm really failing her because of this stuff I'm often not happy at home, and yeah.. I know it's just a temporary phase about every teenager goes through, but it'd be so much better if it wouldn't happen so often..

Thanks in advance and God bless,
Josh

Hello everyone,

I'm just asking for some prayer because lately we (my mum, me) are having fights (not physically) and they are almost daily and it's really tiring and stressful, both for me and my mum, and I feel like I'm really failing her because of this stuff I'm often not happy at home, and yeah.. I know it's just a temporary phase about every teenager goes through, but it'd be so much better if it wouldn't happen so often..

Josh

Yes, Josh it is hard on both of you. I think we have heard enough from you through your posts to know that you truly love the Lord. I think you are actually quite mature for your age from what I've read of your thoughts. It's hard being at your time in life, maybe sometimes feeling like you're still a kid and other times a grownup young man.
Having been a mom of four teenagers I tell you it is hard for moms, too. We see our babies grownup in so many ways. We try to let go and let them be grown and then sometimes that's just when they act like a kid again. We yoyo up and down right along with you. We don't always know what to expect day to day.
Unless you have an older sibling this is a first for your mum, too. It's a new experience and she has a learning curve, too. Teenagers are just plain scary. We are so afraid we will mess up and mess them up.
Have patience with yourself and with your mum. These things too shall pass.

Blessing to you and your mum, sweet boy.
Prayers are on their way.

Hello everyone,

Josh

Yes, Josh it is hard on both of you. I think we have heard enough from you through your posts to know that you truly love the Lord. I think you are actually quite mature for your age from what I've read of your thoughts. It's hard being at your time in life, maybe sometimes feeling like you're still a kid and other times a grownup young man.
Having been a mom of four teenagers I tell you it is hard for moms, too. We see our babies grownup in so many ways. We try to let go and let them be grown and then sometimes that's just when they act like a kid again. We yoyo up and down right along with you. We don't always know what to expect day to day.
Unless you have an older sibling this is a first for your mum, too. It's a new experience and she has a learning curve, too. Teenagers are just plain scary. We are so afraid we will mess up and mess them up.
Have patience with yourself and with your mum. These things too shall pass.

Blessing to you and your mum, sweet boy.
Prayers are on their way.

Thank you so much for your kind words! That really made me feel better, thank you so much.

God bless,
Josh

You heart shows the intent of your walk and God will make all things work together for good. Life is a learning experience for you and your mother, and I believe if you'll deny self, strive to turn the things you say and do to honor your mother, and glorify God you'll find reward there. Praying for you dear brother in Jesus' name. :wave

You heart shows the intent of your walk and God will make all things work together for good. Life is a learning experience for you and your mother, and I believe if you'll deny self, strive to turn the things you say and do to honor your mother, and glorify God you'll find reward there. Praying for you dear brother in Jesus' name. :wave

Thanks brother! Appreciate it loads!

God bless,
Josh

Understand your moms point of view. If she didn't care, she wouldn't yell at you. It can be assumed that she loves you as deep as her anger goes. She wants the best for you, and is doing the best she knows how, right or wrong. Scripture says to honor your mother and father that thy days be long upon the earth. Bite your tongue out of love and respect for the Lord. She's your elder, your mother...lots of reasons to honor her. My dad was like that to me all the way up until I was 40 some. Hold your station until you can move out. The worst thing you can do is to disrespect her. I'll pray for you both.

Yeah, I always stay as respectful as possible because I know that she loves me a lot, and she knows I love her a lot too. But sometimes we just have our moments.
Anyways, thanks so much for the prayer man!

Blessings,
Josh

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back