Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

POD & Other Bands > Chrisitian or Not ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

vja4Him

My oldest boy has one of the POD albums, "Satellite." I'd appreciate anyone's comments concerning this group. I can't see anything inherently bad in the lyrics, but would like to find out more about POD and other bands that are supposedly Christian. Thanks.

Click the link below and read about some shocking facts about P.O.D. and thier assoctiations with ungoldy groups there are a total of four articles about this group, the rest of the links to these articles are included on the bottom of the page of the first article, all of which were written by Dr. Terry Watkins, Th.D.

WHAT ABOUT P.O.D.?

Dr. Terry Watkins, Th.D.
Dial-the-Truth Ministries

•P.O.D. AND THE WORKS OF DARKNESS •

http://www.av1611.org/crock/pod_dark.html

I don't think POD is a christian band cuz when I was listening to them on Tv I just thought they were another group and also they never said Jesus it was just simple "positive music. I just realize they we christian band when my friend told me they were but if it wasn't have been for my friend I would have never knew, lol

On another note Marilyn Manson said not long ago that he want to dedicate his life to Christ and that he is fed up of his old thing. Hope it's true ! :biggrin

Yuinon said:
I don't think POD is a christian band cuz when I was listening to them on Tv I just thought they were another group and also they never said Jesus it was just simple "positive music. I just realize they we christian band when my friend told me they were but if it wasn't have been for my friend I would have never knew, lol

On another note Marilyn Manson said not long ago that he want to dedicate his life to Christ and that he is fed up of his old thing. Hope it's true ! :biggrin

A number of people have shared their ideas concerning the band POD, and other Christian bands. From what I've seen and heard, it appears that POD is a Christian band, with a good testimony for Jesus. Check out these webpages:

http://www.warriorklan.com/warriors/testimonies/

http://www.familychristian.com/music/interviews/pod.asp

Yuinon said:

:-D YUCK YUCK!! That'll be the day!
I highly doubt this has occurred as the last recent interviews I have had have given an otherwise different impression.

As far as Christian bands associating with other bands, that is not knew. Stryper did it in the 80s. They even toured with 'Satanic' message bands. Their purpose was two fold:

1) To try and be a positive influence on their touring mates
2) To expose the audience to the other side of the coin

Now the bible does say that mixing light with darkness is wrong and this tactic could very well be the epitome of that verse. I think if they can maintain their Christian walk and not go the way of compromise, then it can be a positive thing.

What is their motives? That is the question that should be asked.

vja4Him,

I own POD's Satellite as well as their previous The Fundamental Elements of Southtown. The latter has a Psalm that is spoken in Hebrew and is quite good, but not really a song. Sure, they do a cover of U2's "Bullet the Blue Sky," but that doesn't mean they aren't Christian.

I have found all their lyrics to be quite good, perhaps moreso on their previous album.

The av1611 site is a horrible site, quite frankly. What they fail to realize is that the members of P.O.D. have all had very rough backgrounds and I am not sure if any of them were raised Christian (one of the member's fathers was a drug dealer). People like this don't "have it altogether" according to fundamentalist sites.

Free said:
vja4Him,

I own POD's Satellite as well as their previous The Fundamental Elements of Southtown. The latter has a Psalm that is spoken in Hebrew and is quite good, but not really a song. Sure, they do a cover of U2's "Bullet the Blue Sky," but that doesn't mean they aren't Christian.

I have found all their lyrics to be quite good, perhaps moreso on their previous album.

The av1611 site is a horrible site, quite frankly. What they fail to realize is that the members of P.O.D. have all had very rough backgrounds and I am not sure if any of them were raised Christian (one of the member's fathers was a drug dealer). People like this don't "have it altogether" according to fundamentalist sites.

I have also had a difficult life, and so I can relate to people, like the extreme Christian bands, that others simply cannot tolerate. Some people see my tatoos and immediately think, "Oh my God, a ganster ..." None of my tatoos are even ganster tatoos, but some people won't even take the time to check things out .....

I guess that is one of the reasons why I do so well, working with kids in the classrooms, especially the really tough assignments. I don't mind accepting the difficult substitute assignments, that many substitutes won'te touch with a ten foot pole!

So many of the kids nowdays are hopeless. I see these kids everyday, wandering around, aimlessly, involved with gangs, taking drugs, talking trash, with goals like, "I'm gonna be a ganster like my uncle," "I'm gonna be a pimp like my brother," "I'm gonna be a rich drug dealer like ..."

It's very sad, to see so many kids simply lost ...... Praise God, if bands like P.O.D. can reach the lost for Christ. When even one sinner repents, the angels in heaven rejoice!! Hallelujah!!!

:lol: ....ok, that is a first. Leave it to Dr. Th.D. to set the record straight. I'm sure he knows the band members quite well to make the accusations he's made....or not. :roll: Maybe we're all evil because we have unsaved co-workers. I suppose we could hide in "all-Christian businesses", "all-Christian schools", and live our lives on a "Christian island". I'm sure if we wanted to get picky we could point out some contradictions in Dr. Th.D.'s life. Well worth the waste of time that could be? Nah, its just a game.

POD are just guys playing music. I think most muscians do what they do to earn a living. That doesn't mean they need to preach and it doesn't mean they hide their faith. There is nothing wrong with their music or lyrics that I've ever seen. As with everything in life there is a choice, don't like the lyrics, the sound, the genre or whatever then turn it off. Spare us all this McCarthyism witchhunt.

P.O.D.

Scott said:

:lol: ....ok, that is a first. Leave it to Dr. Th.D. to set the record straight. I'm sure he knows the band members quite well to make the accusations he's made....or not. :roll: Maybe we're all evil because we have unsaved co-workers. I suppose we could hide in "all-Christian businesses", "all-Christian schools", and live our lives on a "Christian island". I'm sure if we wanted to get picky we could point out some contradictions in Dr. Th.D.'s life. Well worth the waste of time that could be? Nah, its just a game.

POD are just guys playing music. I think most muscians do what they do to earn a living. That doesn't mean they need to preach and it doesn't mean they hide their faith. There is nothing wrong with their music or lyrics that I've ever seen. As with everything in life there is a choice, don't like the lyrics, the sound, the genre or whatever then turn it off. Spare us all this McCarthyism witchhunt.

Scott: Thanks for your concise comment! Well said. I've been checking into lots of different Christian bands, many of them much more radical than P.O.D. After listening more carefully to many songs by P.O.D., and reading their own statements, and talking with many other people who listen to them, I feel safe playing P.O.D. in our home now.

I've just ordered the newest album by P.O.D. for my son for Christmas. Will probably order another P.O.D. album too.

Re: P.O.D.

vja4Him said:
Scott said:

Scott: Thanks for your concise comment! Well said. I've been checking into lots of different Christian bands, many of them much more radical than P.O.D. After listening more carefully to many songs by P.O.D., and reading their own statements, and talking with many other people who listen to them, I feel safe playing P.O.D. in our home now.

I've just ordered the newest album by P.O.D. for my son for Christmas. Will probably order another P.O.D. album too.

On two occasions I have had the oppertunity to spend time with the band members of POD .. I am also a long time fan. POD are most certainly Christian .. there new album "testify" cant be any clearer really.. as for terry watkins .. well what can I say .. the guy has serious issues.. hes been trying to claim for years that POD are really rastafarians and not Christians.. this is complete and utter nonsense.

POD is one of the biggest selling Christian artists to ever make a such a big break into mainstream music .. POD's fan bas is massive and diverse with equal amounts of saved and unsaved kids .. they are on the front lines of youth ministry which is why so many people attack them. POD 's music will always be welcomed in my home because they are fellow believers who Love God with all there hearts just like I do.

Peace.

vja4Him said:
My oldest boy has one of the POD albums, "Satellite." I'd appreciate anyone's comments concerning this group. I can't see anything inherently bad in the lyrics, but would like to find out more about POD and other bands that are supposedly Christian. Thanks.

P.O.D. is completely Christian. Satellite is a great album, I own it. P.O.D. used to be very rejected by old-school Christians, but look at the lyrics and you will see that there is nothing wrong with them. Also, their newest CD "Testify" I've heard is very good.

Relic, you're making me tired...

Touring with a non-Christian band is an outreach!

Scott said:

Kudos!
My thoughts exactly.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back