Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

POLL Question about Faith

I see faith this way:

• Faith in the Message = faith in God/Jesus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not the same but faith in the Message does itself convert me to faith in God/Jesus

• Not the same but faith in the Message points me to put faith in God/Jesus

• Other (Please Explain)

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A

Adams son

Do you think faith in God is the same thing as faith in Biblical doctrines?

I can have faith that what His word says is true, and I can have faith for that personal something I've been asking Him for.
I can have faith in the prophetic fulfillment of His word, and I can have faith that the personal things he's spoken to me will come to pass.

Faith in God = faith in message...I met God first on a personal level, then I was trained by His word to understand more about Him.

Faith in God = faith in message...I met God first on a personal level, then I was trained by His word to understand more about Him.
Nice answer destiny :biggrin perfect

I had wanted to believe the bible for years but could not until I received the Holy Spirit. Then I INSTANTLY believed Jesus's words. Therefore, I see faith as Paul described it in Eph. 2:8, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - AND THIS NOT OF YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD- not by works, so that no one can boast." Faith comes from the Holy Spirit which is a gift from God. And as paul said, "The man without the spirit does not accept the things that come from God for they are foolishness to him and he cannot understand them because they are spiritually discerned." Therefore it is impossible to have REAL faith without the Holy Spirit in us.

But it is possible to take someone's word, like our parents, friend,s pastors, etc. that Jesus is telling the truth. I took my parents' word for a lot of things when I was a child, but when i gew up, I realized they were wrong about many things. Only when i knew inside of my heart through the Holy Spirit that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, did I get real faith.

What substantiates what we hope for?

What is the evidence of that which is unseen?

Faith is both OBJECTIVE.........

Acts  6 : 7, "And the word of God grew, and the number of the disciples in Jerusalem multiplied greatly; and a large number of the priests obeyed..... the faith."

2 Corinthians  13 : 5, "Test yourselves whether you are.... in the faith;.... prove yourselves. Or do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved?"

1 Timothy  1 : 19, "Holding faith and a good cconscience, concerning which some, thrusting these away, have become shipwrecked regarding.... the faith;

And faith is SUBJECTIVE..........

Luke  18 : 8, "I tell you that He will carry out their avenging quickly. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He find...... faith on..... the earth?"

Romans  4 : 13, "For it was not through the law that the promise was made to Abraham or to his seed that he would be the heir of the world, but through the righteousness..... of faith."

2 Corinthians  1 : 24, "Not that we lord it over..... your faith,..... but we are fellow workers with you for your joy; for..... by faith..... you stand."

Faith as OJECTIVE is simply Christ as our goal.

Faith as subjective is simply Christ as our living and being.

When a man is saved it is because Christ is revealed to him (objective is revealed) and seeing Christ (objective) this man is instantly infuse with Christ.... and immediately believes because this infusion of Christ becomes this man's belief.

Christ reveals Himself to us..... we see and receive this revelation of Christ...... allowing in our seeing and receiving, Christ to enter into us....... and as a result of Christ entering into us, we can believe.

It is Christ entering into man that empowers this man to believe, not of himself, but of the Christ within him.

In love,
cj

Adams son said:
Do you think faith in God is the same thing as faith in Biblical doctrines?
First you have to be clear about what faith is. Christ in Mark 11:22-24 indicated how someone should have faith in God. Someone should have faith in God by: saying what he wants and believing it will happen, or asking God for what he wants and believing he will receive it. The Bible gives no other instructions on how someone should have faith. The Bible talks about only one type of faith: that is faith in God. Therefore as far as God is concerned, the idea of having faith "in Biblical doctrines" has no meaning.

Back