Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] post 3,000, progress

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yessss! I'm up to 3,000 posts now!

Seriously...y'all have been very kind to me. I post all about what's going on and y'all pray for me. I've learned to take an active interest in other people's lives, too. That's huge for me.

I'm making progress. Still not yet in church, but I'm praying for one. An acquaintance from HS asked my mother on Facebook how I"m doing (I deleted my facebook years ago). I'll give him my email address and see where it goes from there.

I pray for my enemies everyday, even when I don't want. I pray "please lavish them with blessings above and beyond what they ask for or need," and I'm starting to actually feel it, if that makes sense. "Fake it till you make it"? Not exactly...I'm learning to pray per The Bible, and its making a huge difference in my life.

I'm no longer bitter and anti-psychiatry. For whatever reason, I need meds. 3 of them daily, to be exact, lol. Not a huge deal. I pray for the day I won't need as many, or any, but in the meantime...take your meds. Pray. Try to be a blessing as you receive blessings. Be a river, not a pond.

School will start again soon. January 12th. Already have my books. My dad found an old book shelf in our under the stair closet and now I have it in my room, right next to the PC, so I can organize my books better (I have one already, but its filled with books...).

My parents and I get along well, especially my dad and I. Genuine warmth, forgiveness. Changes everything. My probation officer was talking about (very) early discharge from misdemeanor probation the last time I saw her. I am to call her in a few days, on one of her days when she's doing paper work, not seeing probationers, to see what the next steps are. I'm blessed and excited.

Other than that...physically, I'm surprisingly healthy. Fat, but healthy. I even have ridiculously healthy skin, which is crazy, since I had skin problems starting in middle school. My hair grew back, thicker and crazier than ever. Its even a slightly different color than before. I read that happens...like, if you get chemo or your hair falls out from stress, it can grow back, but it'll grow back a bit different than before it fell out. Weird, huh? My hair now looks highlighted...all the time, which is funny...because I used to bleach and dye and Manic Panic my hair hardcore in my teen years.

So...yeah...post 3,000. Several hundred "likes." Thanks for having me. :)

yeah...3,000 posts and counting. I've even recieved over 500 likes.

Its a big deal, to come here and convo with Born Again Christians. Until recently, I wasn't even fit for society. I mean, I'm glad I'm not in a state mental hospital, and I'm glad that I didn't go to one. I don't know if that's God's will, or if God made good of me not going, but...

...yeah. The Lord has done a lot for me. People around here talked about what a "weakling" I was, etc. etc. True enough, I suppose. Fortunately for me, He chooses the weak things of this world...

...so, yeah. Thanks again.

yeah, I am, too :)

I feel like I can go to church now, lol. Maybe even get one or both of my parents to come with me, and not to their mega-church (its massive, and it scares me on a number of levels).

Its crazy....now that I'm 2 years into Born Again Christianity, I'm completely different. I'm not state mental hospital material. I'm doing well at Liberty Online. I get along well with people, especially my family. I appreciate what The Lord has done and is doing for me, or I'm getting there. I'm not filled with anger and sadness.

And to that, I say a heart-felt "Amen!"

Our Lord isn't done with you, just as He's still guiding me. Life may be challenging at times, but it's still well worth living because our Lord is with us!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back