Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Post words of wisdom here

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

YosefHayim

What are some wise sayings that you have to offer? Post them! If you post a bible verse explain why you chose that verse.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese - Unknown

Think mouse trap for those that might not get it at first.

See time is a space given by God in His kindness and grace/ - Timothy Brindle

Time flies as if time had some wings/
But this is irony right/
While most spend the time of their life trying to have the time of their life/
Thinking lies are really true/
If you’re busy killing time the truth is time is killing you/
But you’re too cool- you love to take your time/
You fool- God can come and take your time/ - Timothy Brindle

"That old goose did not sit on the eggs till they were all addled, and now Providence is to be blamed because they won't hatch" - Charles Spurgeon

These two quotes I heard from Charles H. Spurgeon. His way of words is a little different, so I'll explain them. This is from a talk about taking opportunities. God empowers us, but will we take that opportunity? The goose could have sat on the egg, but it procrastinated. And now that it didn't see God did have a way it still says anyway "Why God?! Why?!"

"He that will not when he may,
When he will he shall have nay." - Spurgeon (Quoted by Spurgeon, not sure if it's his own).
This is from the same talk. In other words, he that does not take the opportunity when its there will be rejected when he wants to take it when it's no there.

And maybe to go with Spurgeon, here are bible verses on slothfulness, procrastination, and taking opportunities.

We reap what we sow.
Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. Prov 6:6-8

Excuses are a result of slothfulness.
The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets. Proverbs 22:13

Laziness will not yield lucrative results. We can even be damaged spiritually if we are lazy.
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10

b48db33c372124428b4a13980fd7f462.jpg

My great grandma said, "The devil makes work for idle hands."

Pro 18:9 He also that is remiss in his work, A brother he is to a destroyer.

Stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Pro 15:5 KJV A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.

"You don't really understand something until you can explain it in your own words." Something that I read in school that made perfect sense.

I'm afraid I don't know one. Do you?

The TOG​

"What are some wise sayings that you have to offer? Post them! If you post a bible verse explain why you chose that verse."

Hmm grass is always greener .... not sure

"What are some wise sayings that you have to offer? Post them! IF you post a bible verse explain why you chose that verse."

Hmm grass is always greener .... not sure

Notice the part in bold. A Bible verse isn't required.

The TOG​

Jesus said... Mat_5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back