Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Post Your Useless Knowledge Here!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Elephants are the only mammals which can not jump. They are anatomically unable.

Also, to the cat urine comment; most all mammalian urine glows under black light...along with most other fluids...to a greater or lesser extent. Why, I don't know. I just know that in some pre-vet school classes we played with a blacklight on occasion.

Ty.

tap_foot.gif
There is a law on the books in Seattle Washington that says you must clean up your horse's dung before you leave the site, um... :wink:

Here are a few odd coincidences I found.

English politician Edmund Berry Godfrey was found murdered on October 17, 1678. His body was left in a ditch on Greenberry Hill in London. Three men were arrested and tried for the crime. there names were Robert Green, Henry Berry, and Lawrence Hill.

In 1906 aboard the German ship Grosser Kurfurst, sailing from Bremen to New York, six babies were born. One in first class, twins in second class, and triplets in third class.

On December 5, 1664, a boat sank while crossing the Menai Strait in the Irish Sea. Only one of 81 passengers survived, a man named Hugh Williams. on December 5, 1785 another boat sank in the same place. the only survivor was a man named Hugh Williams. on August 5, 1820, 24 passengers on a boat died and one man lived. His name was Hugh Williams.

In 1974, at the Pepperidge Farm plant in Downingtown, Pennsylvania, an employee was killed when he fell into a vat of chocolate. His name was Robert C.H. Hershey.

Franklin Pierce was the first U.S. President to have a Christmas tree in the White House

scorpians are pretty much blind as a rock

a fly lands on a cieling by putting it's legs above its body

a fly spits on its food then eats the food

you can not out swim a water mocasin

almost all of mount Saint hellens siesmic earth quakes are in a strait rows if you stand on top of the dome then look into the valley.

you can die from laughing to much (swallow your tongue)

and those little wax soda bottles, you are supose to bite the heads off then drink them, not eat the wax and the juice

i love the one posted a couple above
a scorpian will sting it self if achohol is poured on it- gret way to kill them i guess- does rubbing alcohol work too?- (under the age of drinking) and like my license too- besides alcohol is for whimps who don't face life.

turnorburn said:
I was there the morning Mt. St. Helens erupted
yikes.gif

So was I! My brother and I were walking across town when the cloud came in from the west and started dumping it's ash! We honestly thought that the end of the world had come!

The mountain left six to eight inches of ash, along with a phenomenal amount of pumice stone the closer to the mountain you got. All I have left to show for it is a bottle of ash I picked up
at the Tatoosh pharmacy :lol:

I think my Dad has a couple quart jars that he scraped off the driveway :-D
If your driving to Pasco, you can still see it on the side of the road! (how's that for useless information)

Now, something your sure to enjoy 8-)

Washington grows more potatoes that Idaho ;-)

The Autograph Tree in Florida :wink:

A dense, neat looking tree that is very salt, wind, and drought tolerant. Known as autograph tree because guests to your home can scratch their name onto the surface of a leaf and the mark will remain for quite a long time.

Useless as well, rather interesting though :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back