Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Power of Undying Love for God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
An Emoji Devotional for Thu, 8 September 2022

Topic: Power of Undying Love for God

Highlights:

My people ask their wooden idols for help. A piece of wood tells them what to do. A spirit of prostitution leads them astray. They commit adultery by giving themselves to other gods. Hosea 4:12

The dangers are great when a husband and wife have few interests in common. "Your husband is your maker. His name is the LORD of Armies. Your defender is the Holy One of Israel. He is called the God of the whole earth" Isaiah 54:5

God want us to be only for Him as husband who does not want His woman to love another. God always wants to be there when we need him and he promises to give us all that can satisfy His own. David understood that many people after receiving God's blessings desire to build canal relationship with worldly pleasure which later could make them lose interest in Godly ways of life. He promised God many times in Psalms 23:6 and Psalms 27:4 that

"Certainly, goodness and mercy will stay close to me all the days of my life, and I will remain in the LORD's house for days without end."

"I have asked one thing from the LORD. This I will seek: to remain in the LORD's house all the days of my life in order to gaze at the LORD's beauty and to search for an answer in his temple."

If you truly desire God's blessings that will change your life. You must be ready to recognise yourself as God's love and must be willing to accept that you belong to him and will remain His at all time. As God's bride, you must agree to remain in God's house and NOT have any plan to go away longing for another love. Our love for God must be an undying love. It was idolatry and spiritual adultery that lead the children of Israel into captivity of their enemies but as God would show mercy he sent Jesus Christ to come to save all who will be willing to return back to the love of their Husband who is their creator.

If you are still living in sin, it is time to repent before it is too late. Jesus is calling all sinners to repentance as the love of God never dies but our sin is the cause of rejection. Read James 4:4

Prayer: Dear heavenly creator, my husband, my maker, Lord of Armies, my defender, The Holy one of Israel, My God, the God of the whole earth. I love you forever and will always love you forever. I declare my love for you in Jesus name. Amen.

You can explain better what you don't understand
Please rephrase “for the same purpose…thanks.”
or your deeper insight on this
Deeper insight on loving God? John 14… “he who loves me keeps my commandments.” That’s a far cry from simply declaring you do.

I can see Jesus saying many will come to me in that day a d say, Lord, lord, I repeatedly declared I loved you” to whom He will say, “depart from me. I don’t know you.”

Last edited:
Please rephrase “for the same purpose…thanks.”

Deeper insight on loving God? John 14… “he who loves me keeps my commandments.” That’s a far cry from simply declaring you do.

I can see Jesus saying many will come to me in that day a d say, Lord, lord, I repeatedly declared I loved you” to whom He will say, “depart from me. I don’t know you.”
You are truly on point. My apologies, I was trying to make the devotional as short as it can. The above quotes of yours is truly necessary. Truly as the Lord's bride we must obey his commands. Thanks for the hint

“If you truly desire God's blessings that will change your life. You must be ready to recognise yourself as God's love and must be willing to accept that you belong to him and will remain His at all time”

Do you have any Biblical reference for this? It sounds rather esoteric and not at all anything anyone who wrote the scriptures taught.

“If you truly desire God's blessings that will change your life. You must be ready to recognise yourself as God's love and must be willing to accept that you belong to him and will remain His at all time”

Do you have any Biblical reference for this? It sounds rather esoteric and not at all anything anyone who wrote the scriptures taught.
Isaiah 54:5-6 and Hosea 2:4-5

Your husband is your maker. His name is the LORD of Armies. Your defender is the Holy One of Israel. He is called the God of the whole earth.

"The LORD has called you as if you were a wife who was abandoned and in grief, a wife who married young and was rejected," says your God.

Isaiah 54:5-6 and Hosea 2:4-5

Your husband is your maker. His name is the LORD of Armies. Your defender is the Holy One of Israel. He is called the God of the whole earth.

"The LORD has called you as if you were a wife who was abandoned and in grief, a wife who married young and was rejected," says your God.
Where do those scriptures answer my question? This is what you said, "If you truly desire God's blessings that will change your life. You must be ready to recognise yourself as God's love and must be willing to accept that you belong to him and will remain His at all time” which I asked you for a scripture to support. The scriptures you gave do not address anything close to this.

Are you one of those who just quote any scripture when asked for support? If you are, you are not alone. One of the monitors does it a lot so this is fairly common. Just through out any old scripture and hope the one asking cannot read.

Do you never read the Psalms?
God said of David that he was a man after God’s own heart. David didn’t look into the mirror every morning and tell his reflection that he loves God.

One day we will each stand before God and hear what God says about our love for Him. What we claim to have been toward Him will not influence Him one iota. Repeating words is cheap and NOT the standard by which he measures our love. Do you want to know HIS STANDARD of measuring our love?

God said of David that he was a man after God’s own heart. David didn’t look into the mirror every morning and tell his reflection that he loves God.

One day we will each stand before God and hear what God says about our love for Him. What we claim to have been toward Him will not influence Him one iota. Repeating words is cheap and NOT the standard by which he measures our love. Do you want to know HIS STANDARD of measuring our love?
I would like to hear your view.

I would like to hear your view.
Well, Jesus said, "he who keeps my teaching loves me" and he said this more than once. He even said that "Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” This seems to be the standard the Lord is using to measure the degree of love a person has for him. David, of course, had already demonstrated his love for the Lord in the choices he made in life. He was not perfect, but his choices admits difficulties nevertheless demonstrate a consistent love.

Well, Jesus said, "he who keeps my teaching loves me" and he said this more than once. He even said that "Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” This seems to be the standard the Lord is using to measure the degree of love a person has for him. David, of course, had already demonstrated his love for the Lord in the choices he made in life. He was not perfect, but his choices admits difficulties nevertheless demonstrate a consistent love.
Keeping the commandments of Jesus is what I call putting our love into practice (practical love) and the other thing I do is to go round the house singing songs of praise. David did both.

I feel this is like a well-behaved child doing what it's mum tells it to do while occasionally giving his mum a kiss or saying 'I love you' or giving her an occasional chocolate. I am ashamed to admit, I never did any of those things, but she loved me all the same, and I appreciate her all the more now she is gone. I always feel I could have done so much more for her, especially in her old age.

Keeping the commandments of Jesus is what I call putting our love into practice (practical love) and the other thing I do is to go round the house singing songs of praise. David did both.

I feel this is like a well-behaved child doing what it's mum tells it to do while occasionally giving his mum a kiss or saying 'I love you' or giving her an occasional chocolate. I am ashamed to admit, I never did any of those things, but she loved me all the same, and I appreciate her all the more now she is gone. I always feel I could have done so much more for her, especially in her old age.
Yes there is some similarity when one is young but the difference is that the relationship built between God and the adult obedient servant becomes more intimate, which is why this is a reflection of love. A child is motivated to a parent isn’t the same as, say, a wife motivated to please her husband.

Of course either is preferable to just loving God because He makes your life or eternity better.

Yes there is some similarity when one is young but the difference is that the relationship built between God and the adult obedient servant becomes more intimate, which is why this is a reflection of love. A child is motivated to a parent isn’t the same as, say, a wife motivated to please her husband.

Of course either is preferable to just loving God because He makes your life or eternity better.
Being male, I like the role of the wife. (Grin)

Enough of the fun and since it is my birthday tomorrow and everything will be closed for the Queens funeral, my lovely daughter is taking me for a meal today. I will toast you. Cheers.

Back