Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praise Report and Prayer Requests

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have a praise report. Last Sunday at a Bible Study I go to, they were doing a prayer night. I got prayed for and so did some other people. One outstanding thing was/is that I asked them to pray for my roommate, David, because He was struggeling with intentional cussing (He is a Christian) and we prayed that he would be convicted of that and stop doing it or try to. Well its been a week later and I havent prayed at all honostly about it but my roommates problem of cussing has cut down, I havent heard him cuss in the past few days, except maybe a few times I am not sure at the moment. Its just amazing to see how God can even work really quickly. I dont know if hes actually been convicted of it or hes just bored with it, I dont know, but I havent heard much cussing. My prayer request is that God give me guidance and wisdom against sin and be able to recognize when God tells me of sin that needs to change so that I can understand it and be able to submit to that order of eradication of sin. Sometimes I struggle understanding my conscience. Also, try to pray for lost people who live around me and even Christians who need guidance. Also pray for Gods love to break out stronger than ever and start revivals especially in the face of "abandoning the love you had first." (Revelation 2:4) as the church in Ephesus did, which can be fixed with Jesus' help "Otherwise, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place-unless you repent." (Revelation 2:5) But yup thats about it. Revelation 2:1-7 was the topic at a Bible study i went to on campus the other night. hehe. :)

Yay God! I'm glad to hear that the environment that you live in is becoming a better one for a christian! Hopefully, you and David will become equally yoked.

My roommate is back to cussing a good bit even more so now. Also for added trouble related to this topic read my newest post "Bickering between me and my roommate." Its the same guy and i really do think hes a strong christian and hes better at analyzing especially spiritual stuff (most of teh time out of wanting to honestly know) but hes also gotten to where he tries to be right at every little debate. Its really been a stumbling block for me, but yea anyways if ud like to contribute your WORDS OF WISDOM TO THE WISEEEEE lol to that situation then go right ahead i need all the help i can get.

By the way i wasnt advocating the idea of one can lose thier salvation when i mentioned that revelation verse. i was just pointing out that true Christians will persevere (or they werent one in first place). not trying to follow a little white rabbit down a rabbit trail just saying what i meant by my statement.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back