Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praise

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jgredline

Hi Folks...
I was going to post this in general forum so more people could share in this praise, but then I thought....Why..This forum is here for praising God and sharing in prayer request....and if folks don't think enough to visit this forum, then they are the ones in missing the blessings of praying for others....

Anyway, my praise is very simple.....I learned another new thing at church on Sunday and I love learning new things....I love sharing new things..Now while this may not be new to some of you, to me it was....

My pastor said that ''good theology will lead to doxology''.....I have pondered that with great joy the past day....I Know it is silly, but for me it was profound....

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ.....

I also praise God, because I have been very Ill and am feeling pretty ok, now, but will sure appreciate your prayers for my health...

Blessings, javier

You are in my prayers Javier - hope you feel well soon. Happy to hear of the joy you've found! Thanks for sharing! :)

Hi Javier,
You wrote, ''good theology will lead to doxology''.

I was reminded of a recent lecture by Richard Hays at Rochester College on a seminar about John’s Gospel where Dr. Hays tells his students in regard to studying the bible, “It’s about God,... stupidâ€Â.

When I thought about this fully, I went through the book of John again via my dramatized NIV cd’s and I heard a voice from Jesus that I had never quite heard before… and as silly as this sounds, it too was very profound for me.

In John 4, we read about the hour that was coming and also now is, when all true worshippers would worship in spirit and in truth. And when I look around, I see God revealing himself to humanity time and time over… but often, like his elect in the OT, we fail to see God’s true nature or listen to the laws written in our hearts ; as if we are even fully capable of doing so because sometimes, we keep thinking it’s about us, as we constantly create our own laws

John 15 speaks of the Body of Christ, which those who believe in Christ are members of. When we abide in Jesus and his teachings and his commands, God is glorified and our joy becomes full. I believe out of this joy, true doxology occurs for it seems to me that true doxology comes from the spirit and always testifies to the truth and the truth is love;.. for God is love, and God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

God bless as I hope your feeling better soon.

All praise and Glory be to God. Amen.

Javier, I share in your praise...and I pray for your health. The Lord bless you, and thanks to you, and to jeff, for sharing what you have learned.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back