Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praises?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Packrat

I really can't comment well on this as I haven't read much of the threads, but I just noticed that there were many threads on prayers and very few threads praising granted prayers. If anyone notices a prayer that is granted, please feel free to share it. Maybe there have been praises given to God at the end of each thread with regard to granted prayer. I just don't know. :wink: Not a criticism; just a reminder in case people have been forgetting or neglecting to post their praises.

Also, anyone want to keep a prayer journal? It'd be kind of cool to see which prayers are answered and which ones aren't. I mean, the journal could be on prayers that are more specific and thought-out rather than ones which might be fleeting and unnoticed after they are offered to God. And as a last topic in this post, does anyone know a good 'recipe' for successful prayer and for knowing God's will? I know that sounds a bit like I'm making God out to be a personal chef, but no denigration of his power is intended. I seem to remember that we are to pray always, so I tend to do that no matter how insignificant it seems. If anything is insignificant with regard to our lives, what could be more so than our lives themselves? That being said, I don't believe our lives are insignificant to God, and therefore I believe that an omniscient Creator can afford to be constantly aware of and concerned with every action and occurrence within every single life form on this planet. Any comments on the journal or advice for more godly-motivated and successful prayer?

Jesus said "When you pray- pray this way to the heavenly Father."

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread & forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into
temptation but deliver us from the evil one!! For thine is the kingdom
and the power & the Glory forever. Amen!!

I pray this daily- several times in addition to praying all day for my needs
and others needs to be met through Jesus as well as always giving thanks &
praise to God for all that He does.

Blessings to you.
Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Our beloved Lord also said to not pray with vain repetitions (Matthew 6:7). I think that the Lord's Prayer should be used as an example of how we should pray rather than a repetitive prayer to be prayed over and over again. I try to avoid repetition in my prayer whenever I pray, trying to make each prayer a unique one as if I were simply talking to God (because we are!). How many people do you know who would go up to a king and say, "Give us today our daily bread. I agree (amen)," and then later again, "Give us today our daily bread. I agree," and so on ad nausium. That's just my take on prayer. I can't judge you as I don't know your intentions. :wink:

By the way, thanks for the input. I do often pray for the preservation of Christians' faith all across the globe and beyond. And that I believe is somewhat modeled after the Lord's Prayer.

Back