Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Pray For My Dad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
R

Ryu Wilder

My name is Joe and I've been here for awhile now, but this thread is for a man that I've held very close to my heart and has lately gone downhill, badly. His name is Jack Smith and he is my stepdad, and well, lately in the past 2 years, he's gotten started down a terrible, terrible path. It all started when he walked out on me and my mom 2 years ago, the day after Easter, for her best friend, while at the same time, being a minister in the Church Of God. Since then, he has done things that are just not Christianlike, whatsoever, and even before the divorce started, he began going downhill, doing things like holding a gun to my head, convincing me to hate my mother and well, just being an all out evil person.

For the past 2 years though, he has made the divorce between him and my mom so long and drawn out that it isn't even something to shrug your shoulders at. This man used to be a good person. He was at one time Sunday School Superintendent, a preacher, asked to be the next pastor of the Church, should the older one ever retire or decide to leave, he used to go to nursing homes to preach, he sang, he did a lot for the Lord and has now turned his back on Him, and for what? He ruined my reputation in my old community, got me booted from my mother's home by creating circumstances that she couldn't control. Then when she confronted him and asked "How can you do this to your own son?" He replies "He was never my son to begin with". This man raised me from the time I was a year old, taught me everything I know about the Lord and has now turned his back on the one person he taught me to love and follow with all of my heart.

I'm 23 years old, and have a younger brother named Nathaniel, who is just 5 years old and we have been separated now for the past 2 years because of the things this man has done. Right now, Jack has been identified and considered a threat as well as dangerous by CPS, 2 attorneys, and a court of West Virginia, because he is a control freak as well, and is losing this control that he has. Every time we get 2 steps ahead with the divorce, he does something to toss us back by 5 more steps, and he just needs help, badly from the Lord. Please pray for this man that God will touch him and direct him once more as well as renew his mind and make him stop what he is doing so that his actions do not cost others more in time. What we are concerned for right now is the fact that my mother is being forced to move back to the state of WV, as well as moving back into the home that Jack is in, but forcing him out, if he refuses to come up with a settlement soon and settle outside of court.

If she moves back into that home, there is a good chance that she could turn up missing, considering that the house is located in the mountains, on top of a hill behind an even larger mountain, and he told her once that those mountains are large enough that anyone could disappear and it'd take awhile for someone to find them, if possible. Please pray that Jack will see the error of his ways and that God will save him again and that He will touch the situation at hand so that my mother does not have to move back. Right now, the situation looks almost dire for her, and as if she has no choice, but I'm keeping faith and I still say that there's a slight chance she won't be moving, and I'm trusting in God for that. But the main person here who needs prayer is Jack.

If you read this topic, then please, do not look at it as "unimportant", or "small", but just keep in mind that there is a lost soul on his way to HELL unless God intervenes, and I need a ton of people to pray for this man. I don't care how many will say that they'll pray just as long as someone responds. Start prayer chains, get in touch with your pastors, youth groups, youth ministers, anyone that you can think of that will pray, please contact them and email this thread to them or call them and read it to them over the phone, but please, we must pray for this soul. I know that the things he has done are indeed horrible and he may well end up going to prison for some of this stuff, but we still need to pray for him that God will turn him around and make him see that this is not the way to behave and that a true Child of God does not act or behave in this sort of manner. Like I said, this is a topic that needs a LOT of prayer, and I know that prayer makes a difference, because I've seen it work before and I owe my stepdad that much, for teaching me about God and the power of prayer. If not for him teaching me what I know now, I don't think I'd be alive today.

PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS NEED.

I'll be keeping all of you in my thoughts & prayers. I agree with Gabby, as far as spiritual warefare goes. Satan likes to keep things stirred up & if necessary ruin marriages & relationships. His purpose of course to prevent Gods' will from being done in peoples' lives- whether it be a christian house hold, church whatever.But remember GOD is in CONTROL - Always!!! Keep your faith & eyes on God- he'll see you all through this. God Bless.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Oh goodness, that must be tough and that was hard to share with us, I'm sure.

Tonight is our Bible study/prayer meeting. I will add Jack, and you too Joe and your family's concerns on our prayer list.

What we are concerned for right now is the fact that my mother is being forced to move back to the state of WV, as well as moving back into the home that Jack is in, but forcing him out, if he refuses to come up with a settlement soon and settle outside of court.

I'll pray, but I'm curious as to who is doing the forcing here? A judge?

Hi Joe,

Your Dad is in my prayers as much as you, your brother and your Mother. May you all hold firm in your faith and that you will be strengthened by this account to server our Lord in ways currently unimagineable.

Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for you, that your faith fail not: and when you have returned, strengthen your brethren.

Amen.

handy said:
What we are concerned for right now is the fact that my mother is being forced to move back to the state of WV, as well as moving back into the home that Jack is in, but forcing him out, if he refuses to come up with a settlement soon and settle outside of court.

I'll pray, but I'm curious as to who is doing the forcing here? A judge?

Yes a judge. Also, I'm asking that everyone here pray for me for deliverance from being homosexual. I've always felt that you can be gay and serve God, but I finally went out with my boyfriend for the first time and we broke up, because now I feel feelings of despair and loneliness, nervousness and just awful feelings that I want nothing more than to be rid of and to find myself a girlfriend. And I think I know where the problem stems from personally. My folks were of 2 different religions and I was mostly around guys my whole life, never any girls. And I know that this is a hard thing to break, but I want to, SO badly. I pray to God every day, don't get me wrong, but this time around, I want to just get rid of these feelings and be happy again.

I was free of them for awhile and then when I discovered my supposed sexuality, and then broke up with my bf like I did, well, now they're back and its like I don't know what to do. I can get rid of these feelings for like an hour or so, but then they come right back and I want them gone and out of my life. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME

I will certainly keep you in my prayers. I know you can beat this homosexuality thing. Stick with God- walk with Him on your lifes' journey & you will be blessed more than you'll ever know. Keep your faith & belief in God & do what's right- make right choices for yourself & not wrong choices. Strangely as it seems - life is about choices and you'll find the right gal for you one of these days if that's what God has in mind for you. God bless you.

Rosalee Decker
This is the day that the Lord has made;we shall rejocie & be glad in it

RYU,
You are in my prayers.

Ok, point of no return. This is unedited and I have not read it back to proof read it. Lord have mercy.

I don’t talk about this much, and I’m not sure why I am now. Perhaps it will help, you decide.

Currently, I am 41 years old and am divorced and remarried to a wonderful woman whom we share a son, and I inherited three additional children whom I love dearly.

My first sexual experience with a male that I consented to occurred when I was in the fourth grade with a hobo named Tex that held camp by the RR tracks across from the K-Mart in Spokane Washington. I’ll always remember Tex because he made me feel special and wanted. It wasn’t that I especially liked him fondling me as much as it was feeling that somebody cared for me. In reality, I can’t say that he cared for me the way I cared for him, but I believe it surprised him one day when he gave me two dollars in food stamps, and I brought him back some food from the Albertsons.

My second sexual encounter with a male occurred when I was 12 and I had just ran away from home and was wandering the streets of downtown Spokane when I met a man named Sonny Bar. Sonny was fresh out of prison for being a pedophile, and me, not being really new to homosexual activity was a recipe ripe for exploitation. You see, I needed someone to take care of me physically, but I also needed somebody to fill that hole deep inside my soul. At the time, I would have called Sonny a friend, but that’s about where it ended. He was cool to talk to and even taught me how to defend myself. The relationship lasted a few summer months until I ended up in Juvenile for being a hoodlum, and then the detectives came to talk to me about Sonny. Sonny was sentenced once again back to prison, but it wouldn’t be the last time I’d see him.

I did almost three years in Juvenile, and when I got out I met a friend of my brother named Kerry Nicole. (he was part of the Okanogan sex scandal in Wa, but kept himself far enough away from it to escape prosecution). Kerry was a scammer and I would trade favors with him for the privilege to drive his car (he had a really cool 69 Nova) but mostly, I was just looking for somebody to connect with. Mind you, I had accepted Christ into my life when I was in Juvenile, but afterward, I was caught with my room mate and then put in a single cell. Yes, I would have considered myself a homosexual back then as it seemed I had my eye on the guys more than I had my eye on the girls.

Anyway, Kerry wanted to scam this rich fag named Dave Hoffman. I really don’t want to go into the scam, but Dave liked to watch boys through this little peep hole. In short, we were scamming the scammer.

Dave could offer me more than Kerry could, so I decided to take advantage of the situation. Though Dave was a total pervert, I really started to like him and we got along well. He treated me especially good, bought me new clothes and for the most part, treated me with respect. Next thing you know, here I am moving in with him and were sharing a bed together.

Life was good and I actually fell in love with this guy. All of my good friends were homosexuals and for once, I really felt like I fit in. For the first time in my life, life felt complete for me. That is, until almost two years later when I guess I wasn’t satisfying Dave, and I caught him cheating on me.

I’ll never forget the day we broke up because he wanted to have sex with other people. I was devastated, but being cheating on was a line that I wasn’t going be abused by. I recall being so empty and crying harder than I had in a long time. I didn’t know where to turn, so I turned to his 357 and carried it out to a nearby field and put it to my head.

As I put it to my head and was about to pull the trigger, I heard God’s voice very calmly say, “Wait, you have to see how your life turns out, I am with you.†As I lowered the gun and for the first time in years, broke down in prayer.

I moved back in with my Dad, as well as my younger brother and his girlfriend who had just had a his baby when my younger brother got into some trouble and was locked up. His girlfriend was very good looking and I really liked talking to her, but never had I even considered having sex with her until one night she came home and crawled naked in my bed and basically seduced me, which by the way, though I knew it was wrong, it wasn’t that hard to give in. Ohh, I wanted to be straight and have the homosexual desires go away and to be honest, she was the first woman I had been with. (I could never admit that back then).

Well, one night turned into two nights and days became weeks when my brother was released and caught us. It was at that time I decided to leave, after all, what I had allowed was wrong.

I ended up in a snow storm at the truck stop and I figured since I didn’t have anywhere to go, I might as well head to CA. where it was warm. As fate would have it, the driver that picked me up was also a pedophile. In short, I spent almost two years with him when my conscience got the better of me and I told him one day that I just couldn’t have sex with him. I wanted children of my own, I wanted a family, and though as sick as this may sound, I loved him, but deep down inside I knew it wasn’t what God had in mind.

I’ll spare you the rest of the story, and even the stories with the other men in between. But what I can say is this, for me, it wasn’t easy breaking out of homosexuality. It was downright hard and every time I thought I was free from it, I simply got into another pickle and a homosexual was there every time.

I’m sure your story is a bit different, but maybe where we can meet is that inner feeling of wanting a relationship with another person who is able to understand our inner feelings. We want to be accepted for who we are, and we want to share our experiences with somebody close and quite frankly, we related to men better than women and for some reason, even found the same sex attractive.

To encourage you in this difficult time in your life, I hope that I can be an inspiration for you when I say that I finally met a woman that is everything and more that I could have ever imagined in a relationship. If you put your faith in God, he will guide your steps. I don’t think that the journey is going to be easy, but then again, nothing worth having is usually easy. It takes effort and commitment and when you fall down, don’t keep yourself down, pick yourself back up and know that God will not leave you.

We all have our struggles, some more noticeable than others. I don’t know why I’m writing all of this, and I’m sure I’ve opened myself up for criticism, but then again, I am not ashamed of what God has done in my life, nor will I, or can I forget where God pulled me from. If he can move in my life this way, then I have faith that he can move in your life to bring glory and honor to his name.

May God be with you.

Well, during my homosexuality, I always had this thing about me that even when you're gay you can still live for God, because what matters is that you live for Him daily. That was at one time my belief. Because in a way, I didn't see it as a sin, and I always felt that way about it. I always had this belief that there is not one thing, not even being gay, that could seperate a person from God's love, because he/she is still following the commandment to love. Is this an attack by Satan? Or is this possibly a good view? I have been so confused.

You are right. God LOVES all of us- we are His People. It is our sins that He doesn't like & can't tolerate. That's why He is so against Homosexuality. He meant for man & woman to be joined as husband & wife. It is okay to love another male, as long as it is agape love- not sexual. That's how God meant for it to be. The first book of James is real good example of how we are to walk as Christians with God and is one of my favorite books of the bible.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejocie & be glad in it

Thank you for sharing I can not imagine the pain and suffering but I hear it in your message. God hears and answers our prayers and where 2 or more are gathered in his name and agree as touching anything on the earth he will move on our behalf.

Never give up keep praying and praising I know that must be hard but praise is so important and it defeats the devil. I will continue to hold you in my prayers and your family.

God bless
Julia

I'll be keeping your mom and you in my prayers. Your mom may want to look into getting a better lawyer. Her current one isn't advocating her needs before the judge, if the judge is actually considering making her live with a guy who is actually threatening her. If the judge is that crazy, a good lawyer knows that there are further steps that can be taken. Even judges aren't God.

Regarding the homosexuality, I just want to agree with the others that you are not separated from God's love because you struggle with homosexuality. However, it is true that homosexuality is a sin, and you need to resist the temptation to engage in it. God DOES love you, He loves you so much that He sent His Son to die for you in order to break this bondage to sin. The Scriptures exhort us to "Walk in the Light". This means, be active in doing what God desires you to do, read His word, pray to Him, obey His commandments. The more you walk in the light, the more you will gain mastery over temptation.

You said, "I can get rid of these feelings for like an hour or so, but then they come right back and I want them gone and out of my life." Keep in mind that these 'feelings' are temptation. Temptation is extremely difficult to overcome, but here is a verse I would like for you to keep in mind:

"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also that you may be able to endure it."

Jesus knows what it is like to be tempted. So He understands the depth of the struggle you are going through. Just keep praying over this, and ask others to pray for you, for as Julia said, when we are in agreement in our prayers here on earth, He will hear us and answer us.

Dear lord,
Please please help this family during this terrible time. Help heal his step fathers heart. You know that he was once a fun, loving, caring man that everyone loved to be around, please help him turn around and get back on the right path with you. Please Keep this family safe from all the danger that this man is creating. Lord they need you, we all need you because you are amazing and you do amazing things. I Love you, and i thankyou for everything that you have done for us so far,
In your name i pray
amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back