Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer for my bbf family

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

I just got off the phone with my best friend. A while back her brother got into some serious trouble with the law. He was a doctor and not only had to plead guilty to administering steroids illegally, he also was charged with sexual misconduct with women patients. He raped a woman while she was under anesthesia, but she was aware enough of what he was doing. A second woman came forward to charge him with the same thing. He was stripped of his medical license forever and is now in prison in Texas. He left for prison a couple of months ago. He'll be there for at least 3 years before he will be eligible for parole.

He has two kids, a 17 year old boy and a 15 year old girl.

His wife divorced him after he was found guilty of the sexual misconduct charges which is understandable. While the kids are still in the stages of adjusting to their broken home and to the fact that their dad is in prison for a really bad crime, their mother now has been in a terrible motorcycle accident. Apparently she was driving a Harley and a rabbit crossed her path and caused her to wreck. There are no helmet laws in her state and she was critically injured. They took her off life support today and she is not expected to live.

Please pray for these two kids who have had their whole lives just tumbled all over the place. My heart really goes out to them. My friend's mom, the kid's grandma is there with them now, but there is just a lot of decisions to make as to where they will now live and what will now happen. The boy is close enough to 18 and has enough credits that he most likely can go out on his own, but the girl is too young. And, even the boy is going to need some kind of help to get through all of this. They have not been raised in a Christian home and neither has a relationship with God.

We can also pray for the mom right now as well. As of now, she still is alive, although they think its only a matter of hours. She has been comatose since the accident but hopefully the Spirit is working even while she is "out". While there is life, there is hope.

And, we can also pray for the dad. He was raised in a Christian home, and he knows that he can turn to God. Whether he will or not remains to be seen. His sister has been praying all along that he would humble himself before God during the trial but he has not done so.

:crying

I'll keep him up in prayer. In the meantime just trust in the lord that he will have compassion on everyone involved

I'll be praying about this whole thing. read isiah 53 and believe god to heal her from her injuries. if you can let the children know that God really loves them and that he has great plans in store for them. what satan meant for evil God will turn for good.

Re: Prayer for my bff family

Update:

The mother did live! She is no longer comatose. She is paralyzed and can only speak a few words, but she is undergoing rehab and is slowly regaining her ability to speak.

That's the good news.

However...

It will be a long time before she will be able to leave the hospital, and only God knows if she will ever have use of any of her limbs again. So, the issue remains, what to do? Her son will be turning 18 quite soon and is turning to drug and alcohol use, but their daughter has really hit bottom, getting all bad grades, cutting herself, sleeping with boys, etc. Her Grandma is helping the best she can, but the girl is being really self-destructive. As of now, the plan is as soon as school ends in late May, the girl will go to live with her maternal aunt, but she doesn't want to do this. Her dad is in prison, her mom is not really there, now she faces losing her home and her friends as well, so there is reason why she is so depressed.

The plan is also that, when the mom is released from the hospital, she will be living with the aunt as well, (her sister). But, the aunt has twin 7-year-old boys, her husband is set to be deployed to Afghanistan in March (his deployment was already delayed, but he now has to go) and, the aunt has a history of bi-polar. So, the Grandma isn't sure that having the girl and the mom moving in with her is a good solution. However, Grandma's husband died in May of this year and she's 70 years old and not in good health and wasn't expecting to be there for this long. Her own health is beginning to be compromised.

Now, my friend's brother is still in prison and is not set to be released until late 2012. However, his lawyers are working on getting an early release with a possible house arrest situation so that he can care for his daughter. If he gets released early, he can also care for his ex-wife as well, IF, they have a place to live. However, they have both a second and third mortgage on their house due to his legal costs, and since he would be under house arrest, not to mention the fact that he can never practice medicine again, it's hard to see how the house will not be foreclosed upon.

As all can see, it's an impossible situation for everyone concerned.

Fortunately, with God, all things are possible. With the exception of Grandma, no one is a Christian (however the uncle, the one going to Afghanistan brought his twin boys to church on Christmas eve, and Grandma took that opportunity to bear witness of the gospel to him). So, although their help is in the Lord, they aren't asking Him.

Which is what intercession is all about. WE can pray for them. I believe that God is already at work, by the simple fact that the mother actually lived and that Grandma has already testified for some minor miracles along the way. So, I ask all who can to please intercede on behalf of especially the girl who is just really hitting rock bottom and the boy who is having some serious problems of his own, and for their mother who I firmly believe that God must be allowing to live for some reason. And, even prayer for the dad, whose actions are really at the bottom of this whole sorry mess, and who was raised to know the Lord, and who should know that life really doesn't have to be this way.

Also for Grandma, whose name is Anna and who does love the Lord, that God's grace will be sufficient to carry her through this time. The house doesn't have a bathroom on the first floor, and she actually has to crawl up the stairs just to take a shower. She sleeps on a cot in the den, and there is a toilet, but nonetheless, its very hard on her physically, not to mention emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

Back