Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer for my best friend's family

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

My best friend led me to the life of discipleship way back in 1979 and we've been best friends throughout the 3 decades since. We've both been through a lot of ups and downs in life, and her faith in God has always been a testimony and an encoragement to me when times have been bad.

Now, her family is going through a crises, and it's my turn to lift up her and her family in prayer.

Her brother, who is a doctor, has landed himself in a whole heap of trouble. It's taken some time to get the full truth, but the facts are that he has been arrested and is awaiting trial on charges of sexual misconduct with one of his patients. My bff felt that there was still more to the story and it's now come out that he is also seriously implicated in supplying steroids to patients. So far, in the federal investigation into the steroid case, one of his partners has already been arrested and has, in the course of working out sentencing, implicated my bff's brother up to the eyeballs. Key to the investigation is that, while the other doctor in her brother's practice was distancing himself from the guy who was pushing the steroids, her brother went into partnership with the company.

Natrually, this is tearing the family apart. Her neice has been caught cutting herself, her nephew is struggling with depression. Her mother is really broken-hearted over the whole thing, and her other brother and sister and her are just trying to help everyone cope. A huge worry is also that her brother isn't really the 'prison' type, and she's seriously concerned that he might see suicide as a way out of this mess.

He is not a Christian, and my bff has some specific prayer requests for him. One, that the truth will come out, no matter what the truth may be. Secondly, that God will use this to bring him to salvation. Up until now, he's been the only one in her family to reject God. Perhaps, as bad as this is, he will finally see his need for God and turn his life around. Thirdly, that no matter how bad this gets, he will be treated justly, getting what is a just punishment, but without it getting crazy. Since he has, in the course of his medical practice some top name professional football and professional hockey players as patients of his, this might get world-wide media attention, which will not help anyone. Hopefully, he had enough sense not to supply any of the 'big dogs' with steroids. The case seems to be centering around a fitness club in the area. The local media is all over the case, but so far it's not hit national attention. I truly pray that it doesn't because I've always felt that that kind of media attention never serves any purpose but to keep truth from ever coming out.

I also ask for prayer for my best friend in all of this. Her health took a serious turn when she developed liver diease, and she really does have to life life 'one day at a time'. Her doctors are always telling her to stay as stress free as possible, and she even quit her job because of it. This whole mess with her brother is the last thing she needs to deal with, but since her mother lives right next door to her, she will have to deal with it.

I will of course pray for your friend but I will also for you. I have a very close friend who lead me to the Lord about 15 years ago we have been through the ups and downs that life throws at you and it makes the bond stronger. I pray that this will bring him to his knees in repentance and be the starting point not the end.

God bless
Julia

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back