Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer for my friend, Keith

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Scootaloo

My friend Keith has recently become an atheist. I don't know why, but he seems really happy all the time since he told me he strayed from God. Is it because he feels that he doesn't have to respect Him anymore? Is it because he's worshiping the devil? I don't know, but it scares me. We used to go to church together, and he was the leader of our youth group. He was one of the best Christians I knew.

I want the old Keith back; the one that loves God. I really don't want him to go to Hell.

Please help!

Im sure he seems to feel better at first..I guess it would be nice to be free from the responsibilities and no longer have to refrain from indulging in whatever random desires.I can see where initially someone would feel quite liberated.As that fades,the reality may sink back in though.

Have you directly asked him whats going on?This may reveal his reasoning,and would give you an opportunity to counteract whatever it is.Check on him to see if something is going on that he hasnt talked to anyone about.

I remember a good friend of mine went through a short phase when he claimed he didnt believe anymore.Strange thing was the whole time I talked to him about it,I got the overwhelming feeling that he didnt actually cease to believe..he just didnt want to at the time.

There are times in most peoples lives when it all just gets old so to speak.The constant struggle with personal morality,grief,stress and other factors sometimes break a person..they just go numb.Its easier to step away from it all and have nothing to do with it for awhile.Sadly,some get trapped in that pattern of thinking and stay with it till the bitter end.

Keep talking to your friend,let him know how much you care.With his background that you described I somehow doubt he genuinely desires to be separated from God.He might just need some time to reflect and sort some things out.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back