Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer for my husband and client

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

Many of you already know that my husband works with handicapped and behaivorally challenged kids. One of his clients is a young girl, (6) who is austistic. She had said something very disturbing to Steve one day, and he set the ball rolling when he reported it to his manager. There is now a full-fledged sexual-abuse investigation and the police here called my husband yesterday to take a statement from him.

Apparently, there is just a lot of dust being thrown up and now the detective is having to sift through a lot of statements that are contradictory. Fortunately, my husband has kept very good written accounts that are dated and copies are with his work. But still, it appears that although this is most likely standard police proceedure, my husband is being considered as a 'suspect' at this point.

As unnerving as this is, I don't have too many doubts that my husband's professionalism, good record keeping, and the fact that he was the one who opened up the investigation by his reporting of his concerns will quickly remove him from the list of 'suspects'. Also the fact that my husband has always been very careful not to be alone with any of his clients, but has always kept them in group situations, with the necessary exception of when he transports them from the school where he works to their home.

However, I would of course like prayer that the police can come to know the truth and the truth will be clear, which is hard when the only one who really knows for sure what happened is an autisitic six-year-old.

And, naturally she is the real prayer concern here. There are a lot of contradictory things being said by the adults of this mess, but at the center of it is a little girl who cannot express herself normally and may be being hurt in one of the worst possible ways.

I will keep them both in my thoughts & prayers, and also for the truth to be known.

Rosie Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejocie & be glad in it

Dare Jesus,
Please help her husband get through the struggles that he is dealing with know. Lord only you know that he is innocent, and if he is then please help the police understand that he didnt do anything wrong. Lord also please help the little girl. She needs your help as well as we all do. Lord, you know that this little girl didnt deserve anythin that had happened to her. PLase keep your hand over her
Your name i pray
amen

It is a very difficult and challanging time for your family and of course I will pray for all concerned and that teh truth will be known and the little girl removed from the situation and receive the love and care she needs.

Keep praying and praising God is still in control.

God bless
Julia

The investigation is continuing. One thing that has come out is that the child's older sister had accused the step-father of molesting her a year or so ago. After a full investigation, it was determined that the accusation was without merit. That case is now being re-opened. No clear answers as of now.

Do keep the girls in your prayers, as there isn't enough evidence to warrant pulling them from the home at this time.

This client of my husband's has been pulled from school and the family is moving. I don't know what impact this will have on any further investigation, but as of now she is no longer my husband's client. :sad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back