Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Needed during this Difficult Time

Hello. I was hoping to ask for some prayer with my current situation.

Currently I am graduate student and am expected to graduate next year. In January, I picked up a second job to get extra income to help with our family expenses (I am funded at my university but the stipend is relatively low). In May, the director of my program emailed me and notified me that I was in violation of my contract for the funding because of that second job. As a result, I had to quit the second job and I was not allowed to teach a second course during the summer, which results in no pay.

Since June, I have been struggling mightily with everything. I have had no income for our family coming in (my wife has done an incredible job providing during this time). Additionally, we moved back to the state where we are from and the costs of moving back have doubled from where we were at (e.g., rent, utilities, food) so we have burned through some of our savings faster than anticipated. Furthermore, my coping during this time has not been good and I have a lot of shame from it (mainly drinking alone).

This past week has brought more headaches. We were expecting to get $1800 back from our security deposit where we were at and we only got $225. Additionally, I found out that my approval for my final research project was not done correctly, so this will most likely delay the start of my project. This past week I have felt utterly defeated and have been wanting to just quit.

Yesterday was different, as I felt God’s presence and I could feel Him calling me to change my ways and follow Him. The problem I always have is that I get into a routine with God and it only lasts short-term (about 2-4 weeks). I want this time to be different.

My prayer request I am asking for is that I can follow God unwavering, that He can lead me through this difficult time, that He can provide for my family during this time, and that I can give Him full control of my life. I know that God is the way, the truth, and the light. I want to start living my life that reflects this.

Thank you.

Heavenly Father, we pray You will be with Gerald during these trials and provide for him and his family. Fill him with Your Holy Spirit and draw him to You. May Your Will be done, in the Name of Jesus. Amen and Amen.

Back