Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Request and Update

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

lisastreets

Hello,
Below are a couple of emails that I had sent out before becoming a member of this forum and I would like to share them with you if you don't mind. The last one of course is the main follow up since we have gotten home. Thanks for reading and remember us in your prayers. Sorry it is long. Lisa

Hello Everyone, September 10, 2008
This is a FYI announcement and A SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST. There is a new addition to the family. The little boy that we have had almost a year "David", he will be a year on the 27th, had a little sister on Saturday the 6th. DSS didn't even know the mother was pregnant again because they didn't know were she was and couldn't find her. She hasn't seen David since we brought him from the hospital September the 29th. If I have failed to tell you we are planning on adopting him. Well anyway back to the sister. We found out on Monday morning when I was on the way to Charlotte to take another one of our foster daughters to the Neurologist and I got a call from the caseworker with the shocking news. I was and still am in total shock. When I found out the baby was transferred to Charlotte I ask if I could see her while I was there so arrangements were made. Getting to the request. Her name for now is Amanda, which is what the mother named her; we haven't really had the time to think of a name yet. We are working on it. She was born at 27 weeks and like David is a crack baby. The mother admitted to using on a daily basis. But by the grace of God so far she is doing great. She is breathing on her own, and of course has IV's, feeding tubes, in an incubator and under a light but for the most part for now doing quite well. She weighs 2lb 9oz and is 14 1/2 inches long. We won't know anything until next week if there is any brain damage or anything like that when they do the test on her. She has to be a week old before they can do test unless she shows some sort of distress or problems. She is tolerating her feeding tube and her IV fluids very well and the nurse told me yesterday the she is a squirmy little thing. Anyway to the request. We would like you to remember her in you daily prayers that there is nothing wrong with her. We are praying that there are no brain bleeds that would and could cause Cerebral Palsy along with allot of other disabilities. We are praying for speedy and full recovery. Obviously we would be adopting her as well because she is a full sibling and not a half sibling of David's. Good Lord, we are getting to old for this. Ha, Ha. But by the grace of God he is and will continue to help us. I never dreamed that the year that my baby Nathan would be going off to Basis Training for the National Guard in Oklahoma that we would have two infants. Yes I know we are crazy but what's new. Ha, Ha. Please, please put her on your prayer list. We will keep you posted as thing progress. I don't know how I am going to do it, with all my many jobs, wife, mother, foster mother, home maker, EBay Store, EBay Trading Assistant, AVON Representative and PT Church Secretary, help Calgon take me away. Ha. Sometimes I don't know whether I am coming or going. Thanks and God Bless. We love each and every one of you. Lisa

Hello everyone. September 24, 2008
Just an update on our little one. "Angel Grace", we finally named her, actually Nathan came up with the name and we thought it was perfect. Like he said by God's Grace He gave us an Angel. Anyway She is 18 days old (33 1/2 weeks gestation) now and doing great. I found out last Wednesday that Charlotte had adjusted her age when she was assessed. Instead of 27 week gestation she was 31. That was great. That put us 4 weeks ahead of the game. LOL. She weighs as of last night 3lb. 6.8ozs. and is 16 1/4 inches long. She was moved to NIPC Unit on the 17th and started bottle feeding once a day on this past Monday. I was able to feed her myself yesterday. It was great. She ate the whole 27mls that she is fed. Monday she was only able to eat 17 of the 27mls. It was the first time. She was moved from an incubator to a regular bassinet last night and is maintaining her body temperature very well. Her cranial ultrasound came back negative for any brain bleeds, so there shouldn't be any disabilities such as retardation, cerebral palsy etc. Once she can bottle feed at least once a day for a week or so then she can be moved to Shelby, closer to home. We could then see her daily. I can't wait. She is so adorable and loves to be sung and talked too. I will keep you posted as to her progress whenever time allows. It stays crazy around her now days. With my emotional state you would have thought that I had actually given birth my self. LOL. Take note of the one with Harold's wedding band on her wrist as a bracelet. So small. Keep her and us in your prayers. Thanks. Lisa

October 7, 2008
I have a special urgent prayer request. I found out today that Angel's cranial ultra sound shows signs of some minor brain damage. She was deprived of oxygen during the pregnancy so therefore you know the risk that she has. The doctor said there was an 85% chance that she could be retarded, cerebral palsy, development delayed and or all the above. I broke and cried. Then I told the doctor "No, I serve a GOD that is going to put her in the 15% of not having these problems". She said that is right we still believe in miracles. Please believe with me on this and pass this prayer request on to all that you know that can pray. Other than that she is doing well. She is gaining weight and growing. She is 4lb 4.8oz and is 16 3/4 inches long. She might get to come home Friday, if she behaves herself and stops dropping her heart rate and having to have stimulation. Thanks. Lisa

November 18, 2008
I obviously have fallen behind in getting an update on our little one. Life has been busy. Angel got to come home on October 14, 2008. She weighed 5lb 1oz and was 16 3/4 inches long. She came home on a heart monitor for security reasons. She was having some low heart rate drops when she was being physically exerted. As of today she weights 7lb 10oz and is 18 1/4 inches long. She is still on the heart monitor at night and when we are in the car traveling. So far she is doing well. There are no signs of disabilities but they tell me it is still too soon to tell. We may not know until she is 6-9 months old before we could see any signs of disabilities. We still believe in a miracle. Also on October 12th the Lord told my husband during a service that we are also supposed to keep the 20 month old little girl that has cerebral palsy as well. The funny thing about that is that I had already told the courts and DSS that we couldn't be her permanent caregiver. Then about a couple of weeks the Lord started dealing with me about it and I was wrestling back and for with him about it because we didn't know for sure what his will was going to be for Angel. So I guess he had to show me confirmation through my husband at church that day. What a mighty GOD we serve.
Anyway enough for now. You can read more about me on the other page. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL IS MY PRAYER!!!!!!!!!! :amen

Wow....I can't imagine the rollercoaster you guys must be on! I pray that all will be well with your little ones, and I praise Him for raising up people like you to take care of them.

Praising God- How wonderfully He works!! God Bless you both for being such wonderful parents to all of these children. How would they survive without you both? Keeping ALL of you in my thoughts and prayers for Gods' Blessings.

Rosalee Decker
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice & be glad in it

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back