Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Request for me and my sisters relationship

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Brent

I have a younger sister (who is technically my half sister, and younger than me (she is 16 years old)), but she treats me differently than others. It is as if she just doesn't want me around, and there doesn't seem to be much closeness at all. When she is around her cousins, or other brother (who is also a half brother to her by her mom) I see how she reacts and treats them, yet I get treated separately and differently. It's the little things, like when I try and get close, she backs away, or says don't touch me, or pushes away, she won't let me near, won't give me a hug, but her cousins and other half brother, she lets them get close, plays around with them, jokes with them, lets them give her a hug, lets them mess with her things, she doesn't seem to be afraid of them, lets them near, but not me.

This difference in treatment towards me I see, and it really bothers me. I just want to be treated the same, or at least have a better relationship than we have now. I want some kind of closeness. She lives with her mother (our father and her mother are currently divorced). I live in the same city as her and her mom, but rarely see her, cause she just doesn't like me over. Our dad lives in another city, and is a truck driver, so we don't get to see him much together. I am older than her, but still, there isn't a closeness there that I desire, and doesn't seem to be on the level of the other people in her life. She certainly does not look up to me from a younger sisters perspective. I want that to change, but I have no real power, I'm slowly learning I can't do anything about it, but gosh darnit I try. I just want things to be normal.

I'm asking for two prayers:

1.) That she will treat me like part of the family, that there will be a closeness and unique bond developed between us, and that she will actually accept me as her brother, and treat me in kind, and let me near and into her life, not be afraid of me, actually let me into her life.

2.) That the fact that the way things are right now won't bother me, I get too wrapped up in the emotions, and it makes me depressed. I shouldn't be so worried about it, so I need prayer that it just won't bother me, that it will be lifted from my shoulders, and put on Gods, that he will take care of it all.

Thanks

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back