Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Request for my marriage

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

Broncos2011

I'm sure there are others who have been through this. but i got married at the beginning of this year to a woman who is (was) a christian youth sponser and seemingly wonderful woman. I noticed some issues with her going out with her friends more and more and choosing them over me. She kind of stopped talking to me slowly and said it was because she didn't have anything important to say.

Eventually, she told me she didn't love me and she moved out temporarily and then asked me to move out, so I did. I explained to her we needed to seek God out and she stated she was miserable in our marriage and that God would judge her for this and the other stuff she has done. She is now completely avoiding me and her friends are athiests and trying to get her to divorce me. She doesn't think she has changed at all, but she is a different person.

The hardest part is I can feel my faith wavering even though I should be strong. I was what I would call a sunday christian until all of this happened, so I know God is using this to open my eyes, but with a divorce I would be so disarayed not sure what to do. We've been separated for about two months and she seems fine with not speaking at all. We tried marriage counseling, but went only to one session because she didn't want to try anything. She states she is going to one on one faith based counseling, but I don't believe it's faith based and she won't tell me how it's going. Anyway, I could use some prayers.. anyone else ever been through this or gotten a divorce?

Only 10 months and your marriage is already in trouble ? :chin

My pastor recently preached on the issue of love in a marriage and mentioned that love in a marriage relationship is a choice and concerted action, not just an emotion. Many marriages are breaking down due to either or both parties falling "out of love", but in a good marriage counselling program, married couples are asked to choose to love, not choose to fall "out of love". Of course it takes a lot of prayers for that to happen too .... easier said than done, I guess. But if a Christian married couple really desires to please God, they will choose to love each other, as Christ loves His Church and His Bride. The Bible says what God has joined together, let no man separate (Matthew 19:6, Mark 10:9). Your wife is being badly influenced by friends and she needs to get away from that.

I'm really sorry for what you're going through ... Will be praying for you .... :pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back