Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] prayer to matter

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
OK. I think a lot of my "mental problems" come from suffocating at the bottom of the social totem pole my whole life. Too pretty, too geeky, people too "rinky dink middle class," etc. etc. etc.

I didn't matter until Jesus called me to believe upon Him. I don't know if people are usually called, or if most people can simply wise up and believe, but I was called. Some people need miracles just to have faith, I guess.

So, I"m in this incredible situation in which I'm healthy (I was a burned out druggy 9 years ago), smart (low IQ has changed to high IQ), and able to function (I really wasn't "good enough" for society until recently, according to a lot of people), and its all because of Jesus, my older, wiser Pentecostal friend, teen challenge, my parents, and the prayers and support of people here on CFnet.

I have work to do. Quit smoking, lose weight, better study habits, so on and so forth. I also have to pick a profitable major that *isn't* business (I'm not cut out for it) and move forward in life. I emailed my cousin--he does spiritual warfare stuff--about all this. Good to have a Born Again believer in the family I can call upon for help and insight :)

I just want to matter in the world. Right now, I'm on disability. I live with my increasingly affluent parents. I drive their rather nice car. I matter only because they care about me, and sometimes...I don't know why. Guilt? Shame? Obligation?

Anyway, I want to matter and stand on my own two feet, with Christ at the center. I'm not looking to be "special" in the world's eyes or whatever, but I do want to matter and avoid being vulnerable and oppressed (again). "Neither poverty nor riches," right? Right.

So..yeah...pray, please :)

Our walk with the Lord is just that a walk.... each step is unique to itself... each step i one more away from where we were.... maturing, growing, sometimes pruning. Hold to Him He will get you to where He wants you... Often it seems He is too slow or too fast but we know , we trust, we have faith HIs timing is perfect..:)

You are already special, Christ_empowered ! You are special to our Lord...and you are special to us here at CFnet as well. (You're also quite special to your parents!)

Stay true in your walk with our Lord by reading and studying scripture, embrace the wisdom bequeathed to us through & in scripture, and always, always keep faith with our Lord. He will never abandon you!

Sounds mighty much like you've arrived brother. You're a son of God, highly favored and a special work of Him as He brings you into His perfect will for you. Can you just imagine the love God has for you as He looks and sees that new nature of Jesus in you? You are no longer what you were in Adam and can never be again, and with the power provided us in the Holy Spirit we can attain unto the position of kings and priests reigning conjointly with He who died for us. Sound too easy? As with many things is anything hard for God? for with God nothing shall be impossible.

You have suffered, and been tried, but just like the prodigal son you are returned, given the robe (The covering) of a prince, a ring (The seal) on your finger, the fatted calf (The word) in all its provision to feed you, and a Father giving you a kiss.

Last but far from least is the fact that we can be joint-heirs with Christ; IF so be that we suffer (or endure) with him, that we may be also glorified together. That is also backed up by scripture that says IF we suffer, we shall also reign with him. Keep up the good work Christ_empowered and watch as God continues to mold you into the image of Jesus.
:woot2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back