Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers for my old minister

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I heard my old minister who taught me the truth of God's Word many years ago was ill in hospital so my wife and I went to see him yesterday. I was not prepared at all for what I saw. He is passing away and in the worst shape I have ever seen anyone in my life, all that I recognised were his eyes. Im not even sure that he knew we were there. I pray for God to take him peacefully and for strength for his wife and family. He was/is a good faithful man to God's Word and truth and I owe him a great deal. He put up with so much from me when I was still in the rough all those years ago and guided me towards who I am in Christ today. I would be grateful if others could say a prayer for him and his family. His name is Eric Turnbull.

Oh my. I'm quite sorry your mentor is in such bad shape. I ... yes, you have my prayers for him and his family ... and for you, that this doesn't shake your walk with God ...

Dear brother, I do not know if you can appreciate this, but Romans 8:17 tells us joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

There was the story of the old missionary come back home after years preaching in the field. He had traveled back on last class steamer or worse, and had to seek shelter in a flop house for the night. At the same time further down the dock President Theodore Roosevelt was coming back from an overseas vacation to the applause of a big crowd, and he just asked the Lord about why that was? He had given his life and yet nothing as it were; no one to greet him or anything. If I have it right, there came as clear as a voice to him; Son, you're not home yet.

Let's praise the Lord for such as that pastor lent to you for your edification. Can we say of Eric Turnbull as Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:7, I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

I sure have prayed with tears of joy for the home going of that dear saint in Jesus' name. Thank you for the testimony and I do hope this brought you comfort.

Thank you both very, very much. Sorry I did not thank you sooner but I had run out of browser credit. Eric has passed away and is now with the Lord. He was a good and faithful minister who stood for the truth. Again, thanks very much.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back